Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Steps into thread to say hello "hello"

Into my third week. Weight has started to come off, after a small gain in week one - probably linked to my body trying to reject anything healthy.

Have plenty to lose, fed up of the kids trying to use me as a trampoline "like Peppa and George do" been trying to laugh it off for a while, but after going to the docs with a bad case of flu over Christmas reality kind of hit home, I had a few "age related" tests and a good ticking off :( time to sort myself out.

Here's to being a much slimmer "daddy pig" in 2012.

ps: any more blokes on here, I feel a bit like a thorn in between all the roses :D

Steps into thread to say hello "hello"

Into my third week. Weight has started to come off, after a small gain in week one - probably linked to my body trying to reject anything healthy.

Have plenty to lose, fed up of the kids trying to use me as a trampoline "like Peppa and George do" been trying to laugh it off for a while, but after going to the docs with a bad case of flu over Christmas reality kind of hit home, I had a few "age related" tests and a good ticking off :( time to sort myself out.

Here's to being a much slimmer "daddy pig" in 2012.

ps: any more blokes on here, I feel a bit like a thorn in between all the roses :D

I have to admit this made me laugh - children can be brutal....whopping weight loss so far though - well done you Daddy Pig! :)

Week 3 Weigh In

Hi All, Congratulations to everyone who's had a weight loss and keep trying for those who haven't.

Week 3 weigh in - 5 1/2lbs:D

Week 2 weigh in - 4 1/2lbs:D

Week 1 weigh in - 10lbs:D

Total loss so far 20lbs and over the moon!!!

1lb next week and that's my stone and a half, gonna try extra hard and actually use my treadmill for the 1st time in ages and take off all the clothes that are being housed on it at the mo.

GoForIt - Thank you :0)

Andrew31 - Daddy Pig! :8855:You have made my day!! Thank you! Good Luck on your journey.

Will1am3 - 20lb in 3 weeks :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: How on earth have you managed that?! Well Done you!!

Hiii! I am new here. I started my weight loss today. I've struggled with weight loss before, but am so determined to just do it this time. I've had of being this weight.

GoForIt - Thank you :0)

Andrew31 - Daddy Pig! :8855:You have made my day!! Thank you! Good Luck on your journey.

Will1am3 - 20lb in 3 weeks :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: How on earth have you managed that?! Well Done you!!

Just sticking to plan 100% and trying out all the recipes that people are posting, Mega determined after all the I'll start again on Monday after going so well until a Friday then takeaways during the weekend lol and plus I've got a 5 1/2 year old boy and a just turned 1 year old little girl who I want to be more active with:)

hi all

started sw again 3 weeks ago im getting married in september so would like to lose 4 stone before then

Hi :)

I started SW this Monday weighing in at my heaviest ever but also feeling optimistic.

My diet history is a rollercoaster to say the least, I was overweight during my teenage years despite having, as a nutritionist put it, a "perfect" diet, and exercising 5 days a week. Then I just got disheartened and didn't care what I was eating, although I did carry on exercising.

When I started working full time I decided to try Slim Fast, but an extreme version of it so I would have 2 shakes a day and some hummous and breadsticks...that's it. And I would combine it with 2 hours of exercise. Despite managing to lose 3 stone in as many months, taking me down to 12st7, it was completely unsustainable.

In the subsequent 5/6 years I have moved away to uni and have put on as many stones in as many years. Now I have sorted the rest of my life out- I have a wonderful and stable relationship, somemthing I could never have envisaged, and have started my dream job- I need to finally tackle my weight in a positive and healthy way. No more excuses.

Hi everyone! I joined Slimming World this week and can't wait to see if it works for me. It is great to find such a huge online forum full of like-minded people. This is my first venture into weight loss and I just hope that I'll look back at my decision to join Slimming World as a real turning point in my life. Finger crossed! :)

Hi :)

I started SW this Monday weighing in at my heaviest ever but also feeling optimistic.

My diet history is a rollercoaster to say the least, I was overweight during my teenage years despite having, as a nutritionist put it, a "perfect" diet, and exercising 5 days a week. Then I just got disheartened and didn't care what I was eating, although I did carry on exercising.

When I started working full time I decided to try Slim Fast, but an extreme version of it so I would have 2 shakes a day and some hummous and breadsticks...that's it. And I would combine it with 2 hours of exercise. Despite managing to lose 3 stone in as many months, taking me down to 12st7, it was completely unsustainable.

In the subsequent 5/6 years I have moved away to uni and have put on as many stones in as many years. Now I have sorted the rest of my life out- I have a wonderful and stable relationship, somemthing I could never have envisaged, and have started my dream job- I need to finally tackle my weight in a positive and healthy way. No more excuses.

Im wishing you all the luck in the world! xxxx

Hi everyone
I started my slimming world journey on 3rd january 2012
Ive done evey diet going and have spent hundreds of pounds in joining fees at numerous clubs .
This time is going to be my last time !!!!!!
I am already feeling positive and i have lost 11 lbs so far.
this time i am trying to cook things from scratch rather than relying on a packet and im really enjoing it.
Good luck to eveyone on here and thanks for all your great tips xx

Hi everyone,
I started Slimming World on the 17th of January and am absolutely loving it. I've lost 4lb's so far and am hoping to get my half stone sticker next week.

I just wondered...if I stop going to group do I still get access to the slimming world website via my LifeOnline pin? I don't enjoy group and rarely get to stay as the class I go to is late evening!

Good luck to everyone, I have a great time reading through all the forum posts and cooking all the recipes, too!! xx

Loundy said:
Hi everyone,
I started Slimming World on the 17th of January and am absolutely loving it. I've lost 4lb's so far and am hoping to get my half stone sticker next week.

I just wondered...if I stop going to group do I still get access to the slimming world website via my LifeOnline pin? I don't enjoy group and rarely get to stay as the class I go to is late evening!

Good luck to everyone, I have a great time reading through all the forum posts and cooking all the recipes, too!! xx

Yep! Still get the access to the online stuff even if you don't stay -- as long as you go weigh in every week :)

Welcome to minimins!

Hi all,

I'm new here and have decided to join SW as I am currently at my heaviest ever and really want to feel better again.
I joined on Thursday evening but really started this morning. It is kind of hard as I am feeling peckish and really craving a biscuit or two, but I've been resisting so far. I've been reading this forum for some motivation and inspiration and so far it is doing the trick.
I look forward to participating a lot more on the forums.

hello iv just joined sw, im on my second week, i was on ww before and its been hard trying to change, but i lost 3 pounds in my first week which i didn't think would happen!
iv found this site has really helps me stay motivated!

Hi, I'm not new to the boards (although I haven't posted for ages and then I didn't post much!) but I am new to the Slimming World section. I haven't actually joined yet but I'm going to do so on Tuesday. I'm getting married in September and I want to be 11st something by then...

Hiya all,
I'm new to SW, dieting and this forum.
I love the whole change of lifestyle with SW - it isn't a diet it is a change and I am loving it.

I think I am slightly addicted to this forum too :D

Welcome to all you newbies and hope you are successful with your goals :)

Back