Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello Everyone

I'm new to the forum but not to Slimming world. I've been trying to do the diet on my own now since New Year but only managed to lose a few pounds. So i am hoping that being part of the forum will help me keep on track.

In the past 2 years i have gained over 4 stones, the first 1 and a half after i moved in with my other half then the last 2 and a half with quitting smoking.

Well now i have booked a 2 week holiday on Cancun at the end of November 2012 so i want to lose all the weight i have gained and more, i WILL be confident in a bikini!:eek:

P.S. Please excuse my grammar, I'm useless Numbers are my thing!:eek:

Hello all!

I've just rejoined SW after a shocking 2011 (weight wise and personal life!) and ready to get healthy and shift those pounds!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing lots of success stories! xxx

A Big Hello to Everyone on the Slimming World Boards!
I am new to SW having just started - lost 4lbs in 2 weeks to date but looking forward to losing more 40-50lbs for the BIG 40 in October!
Good luck to all new and existing members and my your journey be an enjoyable and safe one!!
Take care

Hello everyone :)

I'm 20 and I just joined SW last Thursday and I have my first weigh-in tomorrow - I'm so worried! This is the first time that I've joined a proper dieting group - I would try diets every so often during my teens but would never stick to them. I have felt very confident so far this week, because I have completely changed my eating habits (I didn't tend to eat chocolate and crisps, but I love bread and nuts and ate hardly any fruit) so even if I haven't lost anything this week, I'm still feeling so much better!

...other than the little blip during the weekend when I drank a bit too much whiskey, and definitely went over my Syn limit, but I rarely go out and certainly not as much as a typical student, so I feel like I'm allowed those days sometimes! :D

Hi All

I am a 45 year old new to Slimming world. Joined online last Thursday so first weigh in tomorrow. Have found it relatively easy. Good luck everyone.

Hi everyone, I'm Michele, I'm 33 married and have 3 step kids, I was on WW but struggled so I've decided to join SW on Tuesday 07/02/12 :eek:, I have a few friends following SW and from what they've told me I like the 'freedom' of foods as WW can be very difficult to follow if you're in a rush or out and about so gonna see how I fair at SW, wish me luck :D look forward to having a look about and reading the threads for inspiration :) x

Hi everyone,
Im 33 with 3 beautiful daughters, I joined minimins last summer, thinking about doing a VLCD but it never happened. 4 weeks ago I rejoined SW for about the tenth time, but determined this will be my last, ive even bought a countdown.
Wk1 -5.5
Wk2 -.5
Wk3 -.5
Wk4 -3
:)
Good luck everyone,

Beccy x

Hi Everyone,

My name is Susi I'm 26 and have 2 young boys. I joined SW back in Jan 2010 at a starting weight of 15st 8lb and got down to 12st 4lb. Since leaving I have lost more but I am really struggling at the moment and I'm scared to get on the scales. I love minimins and have followed it for reciepes since joining a a group. But this is the first time I have actually joined Minimins and used it! I'm hoping it will help and I'm looking forward to exploring it! :D

Hi,
I joined back at Slimming World one again last week, I actually joined sw in Sept 2010, did really well and then stupidly packed in and guess what, put it all back on again! Anyway, Im back at sw for ever now, as I realise I just cannot diet on my own, I need a club to help me on my weight loss journey! Tonight was my first weigh in and I lost a whopping 9 and half pounds! I was absolutely amazed!
Love Jillica xxx

Jillica said:
Hi,
I joined back at Slimming World one again last week, I actually joined sw in Sept 2010, did really well and then stupidly packed in and guess what, put it all back on again! Anyway, Im back at sw for ever now, as I realise I just cannot diet on my own, I need a club to help me on my weight loss journey! Tonight was my first weigh in and I lost a whopping 9 and half pounds! I was absolutely amazed!
Love Jillica xxx

Wow!! That definitely an incentive for you to stick at it from now on! Well done :)

Hi,

Started back on S/W in the new year, been lurking on here for a while so thought i'd register. This place is great for tips/support, an inspiration when i see the loses. I did s/w a couple of yrs ago, went to a weekly class, i'm now doing it from home with the latest books which my mum got for me. Lost 9lb this yr already, I know it works if I stick to it. Anyways just thought i'd say hi and good luck everybody.

:)

Hi all!
I'm Rebekah and I have recently started doing SW from home. I can't really afford to go to a class on a regular basis, but have had so many friends have great success at SW, I thought I had to give it a try! I have been overweight since childhood, and hit an obese BMI after having my second child. During my third pregnancy I managed not to gain a thing, and I weighed a whole stone lighter than prepregnancy when she was only 3 weeks old! Now that she is a year old, I have stopped breastfeeding, and so my excuse to eat as I wish is gone :( So new year - new start. I am determined to lose the weight at get back to around 10st, then I can think about losing a little bit more. So far I have lost 8lb, so fingers crossed it keeps coming off!

Looking forward to getting to know people a bit better, and to offer and receive the support you all seem to give so freely ;)

Hiya everyone, my name is gemma and I started slimming world online on thursday after days of ummming and ahhhing. I have done slimming world before, but became complacent and put the weight back on again. ive also had several restarts, but this time, due to the money I've spent I'm hoping i will be successful!!
I didn't really like going to classes, I found them really cliquey, and I dreaded being weighed in public, so with a mixture of this and that, I'm hoping that I will be sucessful.
I'm hoping to get to 8.6 stone, so with a starting weight of 11.8 I have a lot of work to do before my holiday in September

Hi There,
Think I am going to give this a go - have been trying to control my portions and eat low fat but have ended up eating almost nothing and feeling bad about what I do eat so going to see if I can normalise my eating a bit and be healthy! Just doing it from home....looking forward to eating real food and being healthy!

Hi everyone :)

I have just joined sw as I have an 8 month old baby and am struggling to shift the pounds! I can't blame my weight on 'a new baby' any longer! I am still breastfeeding and hope to continue as long as possible.

Week one weigh in. -2lb :D

Yes just did the same thing, just finished my second week after rejoining. I had joined last year (one of a few times on SW in my life time ) and lost 2 stone thought I could do it alone as had hit on some hard times and then had some home stress and just little by little it crept back on! Put back just over 1.5 stones and need to just lose that to get back to where I was and still want to lose another 1.5 stone so far been pretty disappointed as only lost 2.5lb in week one and 1.5lb in week two ?

sallyally1979 said:
Hello all!

I've just rejoined SW after a shocking 2011 (weight wise and personal life!) and ready to get healthy and shift those pounds!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing lots of success stories! xxx

Good luck! I hear ya 2011 was a shockingly bad for me too! Have big hopes for 2012 though, weight wise and personal life. ??

Back