Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Qwerkbot said:
Hello everyone :)

I'm 20 and I just joined SW last Thursday and I have my first weigh-in tomorrow - I'm so worried! This is the first time that I've joined a proper dieting group - I would try diets every so often during my teens but would never stick to them. I have felt very confident so far this week, because I have completely changed my eating habits (I didn't tend to eat chocolate and crisps, but I love bread and nuts and ate hardly any fruit) so even if I haven't lost anything this week, I'm still feeling so much better!

...other than the little blip during the weekend when I drank a bit too much whiskey, and definitely went over my Syn limit, but I rarely go out and certainly not as much as a typical student, so I feel like I'm allowed those days sometimes! :D

Hi, How did the first weigh in go?

suzler1985 said:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Susi I'm 26 and have 2 young boys. I joined SW back in Jan 2010 at a starting weight of 15st 8lb and got down to 12st 4lb. Since leaving I have lost more but I am really struggling at the moment and I'm scared to get on the scales. I love minimins and have followed it for reciepes since joining a a group. But this is the first time I have actually joined Minimins and used it! I'm hoping it will help and I'm looking forward to exploring it! :D

Well done for continuing at home I tried and was not so successful wish I had known about minimins then! Keep going your doing well ! ?

Hi everyone :)

I have just joined sw as I have an 8 month old baby and am struggling to shift the pounds! I can't blame my weight on 'a new baby' any longer! I am still breastfeeding and hope to continue as long as possible.

Week one weigh in. -2lb :D

My baby was 17 yesterday and the excuse has served me well until now!!!

And.........eaten breakfast today for the first time in years......:)

Evening all!
I'm trying to get my arse into gear this year (ha -poetry!) and lose the 2st I gained in 2011. I have been trying, albeit half heartedly, to do it on my own at home but haven't managed to get into the swing of things. I'm planning to go to my local class on Wednesday and hopefully that will get the ball rolling. And the number on the scales should mortify me into action!
I've found this forum so inspiring and I've already nabbed several recipes, mostly from Erms food diary!
Here's hoping that 2012 will be the year I reach my goal - and don't just get steadily bigger and bigger!

Hello all. Just joined here now. Have been in slimming world for 4 weeks and am thrilled with my progress so far. Cant believe how this diet has changed my eating habits. I am never hungry which is great. Still trying to get to grips with things but focusing on losing weight for now.
I have about 3 stone to lose to my first target and probably another stone after that if i can. I am 12lb lighter since 11january when i joined which is brilliant.
I hope to pick up lots of tips and tricks from you guys on here.

Mcmini said:
Hello all. Just joined here now. Have been in slimming world for 4 weeks and am thrilled with my progress so far. Cant believe how this diet has changed my eating habits. I am never hungry which is great. Still trying to get to grips with things but focusing on losing weight for now.
I have about 3 stone to lose to my first target and probably another stone after that if i can. I am 12lb lighter since 11january when i joined which is brilliant.
I hope to pick up lots of tips and tricks from you guys on here.

Wow that is great work! keep going only 2lb until your first stone! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi newbie here

hi all my name carol i have been doing slimming world for 3 weeks now and have managed to lose 12lb really enjoying it and feeling better already often get stuck at work when they all sit down with a cuppa and biscuit the willpower goes wish there was a syn free biscuit lol anyone on here regular who would like a buddy to talk to add me cos i love sitting and reading it all and chatting about weight loss it stops me eating lol:wave_cry:

Hi all,
My name is Kaye, i'm 26, a mummy to Joshua who is 5 and a student nurse :)

I joined sw about 6 weeks ago and had my 5th weigh in today! I have been struggling to shift the weight as you can see from my sig!!!

My reason for joining sw was that I gave up smoking 6 months ago and piled the weight on after working hard to get it off previously!!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

Hey all! :) I'm Sami, 24 from Essex!
Just joined here as always up for some more support, hints and tips!
I joined slimming world back in june and am at 36lb loss at the moment. This has kind of been samey for a while lol. I have won slimmer of week numorous times and just won slimmer of the month for the 3rd time! Need the rest of this weight off now! Hope you all are well :) Sami xx

Hello guys my names sam I have just joined the site today and I am currently following SW i am loving it ! I have around 40lb to loose so a long way to go but I know I can do it, I'm so pleased I came across this site it is fantastic it is hard to navigate as there is so much to look at but I will get used to it x

So I have lost 7lb so far but made the mistake of trying WW and only lost 1lb in 3 weeks and felt so restricted needless to say I gave up on that an went back to good old faithful. SW is so much better and I have done it before so know it like the back of my hand x

Hey SWers,

I havent had chance to read through everything yet but saying hey anyway.

I have been at SW three weeks with two weigh ins, first week wasnt too good but I was trying to use up all the junk hanging around and then just back in from second weigh in which was better.

The forum looks fab, so hopefully I will 'speak' to you all soon :flirt2:

Newbie!

Hi Everyone, i am new to MiniMins and it is my 2nd attempt at slimmingworld started 26th jan 2012 and so far lost 5 1/2 pounds as did not attend meeting last night :( every little helps :) im 22 and in my last year on nursing training yipee! i feel i am not doing great so far and give into temptation to easily! so hoping fellow slimmers could help! i am excited for the day when i can say i love my figure!!! :)

Hi Natalie I only joined yesterday x how r you ? Good luck with slimming world this time x this is my 2 nd go too last time back in 2008 I lost 3 stone in 5 months loved it but put it back on again slowly and now trying again it's bloody hard though isn't it I know what you mean about temptations it gets me worse on a night time x

I am going to try visit this site on a daily basis morning time if I can to give me the motivation for the day xxx

Well good lick and I'm sure we will talk on the site x

Hi Missam I'm good thank you how are you! I feel I am lacking in variety and eat tuna and pasta all the time! I think it all comes from experience! This site seems fab though! Good luck with your journey
Lv Natalie x

Hi. I'm new here. This is my first ever post! :eek:

I've being focusing on my weight loss for the last 6 months and have lost a stone. However, since new years I've not lost anything. I've got off course and need to back into it. I've decided I'm going to join SW. Theres a club around the corner from my work so I can go there straight after work. Then I have no excuse! :rolleyes:

I just wanted to say hi to all the newbies and wish you all the best on our new adventure! :party0019:

Hi Laura well done on the stone loss ! Have u been following SW or another diet ? Good luck at ur new group x

Natalie I got stuck in a bit of a rut eating the same things savoury rice pasta ect are you following extra easy ?

I will make a list of the meals I remember eating before for you I am going back to basics x although I'm following green days !

hey all! im minimins newbie :) i joined SW 4 weeks ago and ive currently lost 9.5lbs! yay me.lol xxxx

Back