Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

yes im really enjoying it!! was worried about this weeks weigh in as i had 2 chinese takeouts last week!! thurs and sat nite!!!! but i ate nothing but soup potatoes n veg the rest of the week which seemed to help as i lost 2lbs! phew.lol xxxx

Ha ha phew you sound like me I love a takeaway lol x but love the fact you can have one and then eat lots of super slimming foods to make up for it welldone though x

thx uuuuuu! im not gona make it a habit tho, wont get away wit it all the time! was lucky this week! lol. hada behave from now on.lol xxxx

Hi Laura well done on the stone loss ! Have u been following SW or another diet ? Good luck at ur new group x

Hi Missam. I changed jobs in the summer with better working hours and an on-site gym so I've been going to the gym once a week. As I have more time in the evenings now I go to Zumba or spinning class once a week and go to a netball session once a week too.

Also, my new job means I can take in my own lunch (difficult to in my last place) so I've been making salmon or grilled chicken salad most days with a fat free yogurt, an apple and a small sugar free jelly pot during the day. The canteen is really good too with soups and an awesome salad cart so if I don't make my own lunch it's not the end of the world.

I've also been sleeping better. Theres far less stress and more routine so I've been sleeping a whole lot better. It really makes a difference to all parts of my life.

I think I need more help though with evening meals. I've survived on pizza, curries and pasta all through uni and my old job so I need to get into the habit of cooking better meals in the evening. Thats why I'm going to join SW to get evening dinner tips and learn how to cook healthier.

My other problem area is breakfast. I dont really have time in the morning to eat so I grab a cereal bar and have it when I get to work. I need to get out of bed 5 mins earlier and sort out my breakfast. I know it's really important meal so I need to focus.

Well, thats my plan for the next few months. Learn to cook better evening meals, have breakfast every day and maintain/step up my exercise.

I'm glad I know what I have to do. I'm not just staring into the abyss of weight loss like I was before. I'm determined to get there.

My best friend is getting married in Las Vegas this summer and I'm going to be her bridesmaid so I have a goal, a reason for putting in the effort and sorting myself out. This forum looks really great and I'll be able to use it to share my stories (good or bad), get tips and motivate myself. Brilliant...

Hey, I'm new to Minimins too. Started my first Slimming World diet end of Jan and am only in the middle of my 3rd week. I've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks and think I'm going be quite slow losing the pounds in the weeks coming.
Anyone following Extra Easy? I'm finding it really good so far, although I don't always have enough super foods ( I just really don't like many!). Keep getting tempted by everything I'm avoiding and have caved in a few times, but got on track.

Good luck to everyone. We can do it. :)

Hit Starpanda welcome it's only my 2nd day on the site and I'm
Addicted ha ha 2 lb a week is good it's coming off that's all that matters just think in 7 weeks that's a stone if it keeps up xxx

Hi Laura I feel for u I'm rubbish at breakfast too I always eat muller light yogurts and an orange or cereal bar x but some one told me to try cooking bacon on the microwave I've never done it before but it apparantley only takes 2 mins and it's done I was thinking of trying that as a sandwich or with some beans if I have time x evening meals I end up making potato wedges or with cous cous or rice x but I love the SW chilli and it's easy to make the night before so u just need to heat it up when u get home x but it's thinking of the ideas isn't it !

Sounds like u have ur head into though so u will do fine and the exercise helps too I have started Zumba twice a week and I do a 5 mile walk with some of the mums from my boys school and I must say I feel loads better for doing it x

Let me know how u get on at group and ur weigh day we should keep track x

Hi star panda I am exactly the same! However I have just made some cakes using no calorie sweetener and choc Philadelphia should be only 1 syn per cake! One thing I keep telling myself is every pound lost is a pound closer to where I want to be rather than a pound heavier!!! I am awful at letting myself have things I also have very naughty nights after weigh in! This must stop! X

:eek:Hiya all Im Karen from South Wales 40 and have been doing slimming world for yonks but have restarted for last few weeks in group, I started my "Journey" at 27 stone, lost a few put a few on lost gained lost gained usual stuff, then weight settled at 24st 7 for a few months so bit the bullet and started slimming world group 2011 january i think it was then got down to 19st 7lb lost 5 stone n panicced:break_diet:

Anyway rejoined 3 weeks ago and restarted at 21st 6 1/2lb and have lost 8 and a half pound since, ive now started to help out in group doing the shop and the taking cash etc so now cant skip when ive had a bad week so just going to knuckle down n lose again...:D

I booked a holiday to Turkey in October and am determined to have lost another 5 stone by then so not setting unrealistic goals half a stone a month will be fab and little pressure as poss suits me....

A little about my gang my hubby used to come to town n wander round shops when i was in class last year so dragged him in 1 day and 2 stone later hes at goal and a massive part of the group and a huge support, my eldest son 24 lost 8 stone last year with slimming world and I have a 5 year old son who is raffle boy and loves coming to class lol my middle son 22 lives with hus dad and is a skinny thing lol .....:jelous:

Anyway thats me Im hoping to join ya merry gang and get stuck into some new recipes and give any help I can back xx many thanks for anyone who treks thru this lol xx;)

Last edited:
Natalie2506 said:
Hi star panda I am exactly the same! However I have just made some cakes using no calorie sweetener and choc Philadelphia should be only 1 syn per cake! One thing I keep telling myself is every pound lost is a pound closer to where I want to be rather than a pound heavier!!! I am awful at letting myself have things I also have very naughty nights after weigh in! This must stop! X

Hi Natalie

Please can I have the recipe? I keep hearing about this chocolate philli but too scared to look for it as don't think I can control myself! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Karen lovely to hear from you and what a good thing u have all the family involved I love that x 5 stone by October is a fab goal and I'm sure u will do it

I think this site is fab and want to visit it every day

When is ur weigh day ? Good luck this week xxx

Hi

I started on Slimming World aboput 6 weeks ago and have lost 13.5lbs so far. I'm doing well at the moment and eating so much different stuff.

Looking forward to getting some good ideas from everyone xx

Hi all hope everyone had a good Friday! I hve the recipe for making 8 cupcakes 3 eggs, 4 1/2 tablespoons of no calorie sweetener 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence and 28g self raising flour I then just cut hole in middle and filled with choc philli!! They did taste slightly eggy however it's trial and error my consultant thinks tht are about 2 syns each! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Lv Natalie.x

Hello everyone,i'm a male from northern ireland,joined sw,at the start of january,thought it was time to do something,my start weight was 17stone 11½lb.I am now 16stone 3lb,i hope to make a few friends here,learn and share.

I know i am losing weight,but cant see where rofl,if anyone has any tips or advice let me know please
Take care everyone and goodluck on your quests :)

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wnok3dO/weight.png

Hello SW slimmers :)
Just new to al this, I lost a lot of weight after I split with my partner, it was the best thing about it all haha! Sadly, I've managed to put it all back on over winter due to chistmas over-indulgence and general laziness. So, I've joined my gym and my mum pointed me in the direction of SW. I can't wait to start tomorrow - the food is all planned out already, it seems like loads! Wish me luck :)

Hello all, my names lizzie and I'm back to slimming world again! Joined the gym in December and have been watching what I eat but obviously not well enough as nothing is happening. So here I am for about the 3rd or 4th time, I'm not going I class or have joined officially just got my old book out and planning on starting again on my own! So far so good on day one.

:) x

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and first attempt at any kind of diet. Im going to start sw on 3rd march but have been dieting on my own and excercising for maybe 3 weeks now and lost a good few pounds.

Im at 12 st 3 just now and aiming for 10 st for november, when hopefully ill be going to las vegas and gerting married!

Im aiming to have myself my partner and my 2 year old on the sw plan so fingers crossed this will benefit us all.

I said diet before, where its really a life style change i need! I hope joining this forum will help!

Thanks for reading! Niki :)

Hi everyone! I'm new to this and is my first post! A bit about myself - My name's Lucy and I'm 24 this August and live in Eastleigh, Hampshire. Not long moved out of my parents (back in dec) to set up home in our new flat with my fiance.

Joined SW back last Feb 11, and started at 15st 11lb, have lost just over 1st but put it back on since I had a miscarriage last August - been up and down after that and now trying to get back on ready for my wedding next May!

My fiance is losing weight too, and has lost 2st 8lbs and doen a lot better than me!

Wanting to slim down to a perfect size for my wedding dress that I'm buying this weekend (!) and looking to start a family after we get married.

Thanks for reading! Looking to share and swap ideas with fellow slimmers out there!

Hiya all.i found this site last week and it's amazing.

I'm 29 ( have my 30th looming in August) I live in Bristol with my husband and three children. I have done sw before. I done it in 2010 and lost 2 stone. Went off plan over the Xmas and it all went to pot. Hence I'm back now a year later. Feeling very focused. Got a wedding to go to in Italy in may. So that's my main focus at the moment. Any tips or advice you can give or if anyone wants to chat please do.xx:):):)

Back