Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello to all

Hi everyone, my names Karen, i'm 30 and live in Essex with my fiance. I do have a huge amount of weight to lose :sigh: but also have a huge reason to lose it - we want to start a family. I need/want to lose enough to have a healthy pregnancy (and baby) then be fit enough to run around after the little one!! If ever there was a reason - this is it!

I've been on the Slimming World plan for 1 month now and finding it relatively easy so far (there is so much option!) In my first week I lost a huge 1 stone 4lbs, :D then 3.5lbs week two and 2.5lbs week three so was pretty pleased with that! This week however I managed to gain 1.5lbs which was a massive shock as I had been so determined and motivated, I even thought it had been my best week yet (I was aiming for 4lbs to get my 2 stone award in my 1st month). First of all I was ready to pack it all in but after thinking it through logically there are a number of reasons why I could have put on this week so I have continued on the plan and am hoping my hard work will show on the scales next week...watch this space!

This website is really fab, I have literally spent hours reading through hundreds of posts the last few days and got so many tips and recipes already. I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming months :grouphugg:xxxx

:wow:You've done brilliant. Def don't give up Hun. That's an amazing amount to lose in a month. Keep it up keep it up.lol. You got a big incentive.

I want to lose like half my weight. mayb we can help each other.x

Hi, my name is Diane and I joined Slimming World on 5th January 2012 to commence my journey to lose weight. Every Christmas I would see an Uncle who visits my parents once a year and each time he would say "you've put weight on" and every year I would laugh it off but be crying on the inside. Well now I am more determined than ever before to lose weight and when I see him next Christmas he will have the shock of his life!!! My weight loss successes so far are detailed below:

5.1.12 - starting weight: 16st 5lb
9.1.12 - weighed 15st 13.5lb - lost 5.5lb
16.1.12 - weighed 15st 10.5lb - lost 3lb and got slimmer of the week
23.1.12 - weighed 15st 8lb - lost 2.5lb
30.1.12 - weighed 15st 8lb - maintained and got slimmer of the month
6.2.12 - weighed 15st 3lb - lost 5lb and got slimmer of the week
13.2.12 - weighed 15st 2.5lb - lost 0.5lb

I look forward to reading other peoples posts for inspiration and advice and sharing my journey with you.

Thanks in anticipation.

Diane xx

Hi everyone, I'm joining sw on Tuesday 21st Feb. I have done it before and lost 3st. I'm really excited about getting started again. Got quite a bit to lose but half a stone at a time.

Hi all, I joined slimming world last week.. i am very nervous and trying to get my had round all of it!
Before having my gawjus son 2 years ago I was always around a size 14/16.. Since having my son i have gone up massively! I joined weight watchers after having my son in 2010 and i lost about 2 stone but then i put it all back on! Since then i have lost all self confidence!
I am off on holiday in 12 weeks and dont want to go because i am totally not ready for my fiances friends to see me in a swim suit! My partner is great he totally helps me out all the time but even the thought of going on the plane and sitting in the seat is freakin me out bcause im just worried about loads of stuff!

I am so glad i am on a diet and losing in my first week put a smile on my face..i do have a battle every day with what to eat for dinner, but i no i will get there! This site just seems a great place to get that help and support that i need..

(sorry if i have gone on lol!!)
x

Hello there everyone.

My name's Hani and I've decided to restart SW from home. I was part of a SW group for a couple of months last year, but lost all sense of motivation when I was hit by a few personal problems. My younger sister and mum still go along to group, and my mum has lost a staggering 6.5 stone in just over 6 months, so she's been my inspiration to restart the plan.

I have only put on about 2lb since I left SW, which was a nice surprise, but I've got quite a lot I'd like to lose. I know that the SW group is perfect for many people, but unfortunately due to some of my own issues at the moment, I feel uncomfortable in the environment. So I'm looking for some support from you lovely people in this forum, as well as my family at home.

I feel that I'll do best with smaller targets, so my first goal is to lose 30lb by my next birthday which is 4th June.

Hani =]

Hi.
My name is Saskia. I started Slimming World 6 weeks ago after finally realising that the excess weight I was carrying wasn't going to disappear by itself. I have so far had a total loss of 12.5 lbs, and am feeling really pleased with how it is all working.

I started SW with my sister, but she gave up after 2 weeks, and now I feel a bit lonely, no one to share my happiness and sorrows with, or discuss recipes... That is why I decided to join here, and am hoping to make some new friends to share the experience with!

:wow:You've done brilliant. Def don't give up Hun. That's an amazing amount to lose in a month. Keep it up keep it up.lol. You got a big incentive.

I want to lose like half my weight. mayb we can help each other.x

Thanks juicylucy, definately won't be giving up! When I step back and look at it I can see it is a lot to lose in 1 month but in the grand scheme of things it's only the start! I too would love to help each other. How are you getting on? x

Out of my comfort zone

Hi,
I am here because I want to loose weight. How many times have you heard that before???
I don't want to diet, I have done that forever and although it does work, I don't change my ways and I put it back on. I have done WW for years and yo-yo'd. Latest fail was to put on a stone in last 8 months blaming everything but myself for letting things slip. Id lost 21lbs over the previous year. WW change of points was awful for me, I just lost the plot.

I have messed about this year and let time slip by and now Im on a mission to loose as much as I can before the end of April when my daughter gets married.

I lost 3 and a half stone 7 years ago doing lighter life so I know I could do a VLCD but it took me years to sort out my digestive system afterwards and I have been left with a mild dairy intolerance from it so I don't really want to go back. I also didn't change my eating ways and thats what I need to do.

Anyway....why the title? Because, although I find great support from this forum, reading the posts and learning so much, posting takes me 'out of my comfort zone'.
I think I need to now to be able to share in the support and keep me on track.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys on my journey.
Lizzie x

Hi Lizzi,

I suppose im a bit out of my comfort zone aswell, i see you have ten weeks to lose as much weight as poss..i have 12!!
I too was on WW and lost weight but i couldnt keep it off..i have been on here last night and today writing recipes down but still need to get my head round it all!!
Lets hope we lose the weight we want too and more and keep it off!!
x

Hi, I'm new to this forum too. Your post looks very helpful as there is so much here, I find it a all little daunting.

We can all stick together then and there's strength in numbers.
Had a good day today.
I did a huge meal plan this morning, wrote a shopping list, took out a mortgage and headed to the shops. Bought only what was on my list. Hubbie came too and for the first time in forever we actually evaluated our shopping. Normally we rush in grab and rush out but not today. We chose the leanest cuts, the best value, the freshest veg and searched out the multi or bargain buys. With a full trolley we were surprised at the check out how much less it was than we thought it would be. I guess that's the joys of buying raw ingredients again instead of processed or ready meals.
Came home and after putting the food away I cooked the steak with onion and mustard sauce out of the current SW mag. It was yummiest and only 1/2 a sin for the whole thing.
Bit low on food today though, only had breakfast and dinner so planning a "snack" later, probably a muller light with some fruit just to make sure I don't wake up hungry in the night. Really looking forward to eggs bacon and tomatoes tomorrow for breakfast.

I am being sooooooo gooood I am shocking myself!!!

Oh and I bumped into SW group leader in the supermarket and there wasn't a naughty thing in my trolley, what an angel hahaha!!!

How have your days been?

Lizzie x

Hi all

I've recently defected from Dukan, which helped me shift a stone, which is fab. But I really started to struggle with fitting it into family life. I went to my first SW meeting on Wed, and I loved the support. Sadly I've gone right off track the last couple of days, my two year old had an accident and has been in hospital (she's fine now) so diet went out the window. Will get back on track tomorrow.
Hope to make some buddies on here!
X

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I wouldn't worry too much about the last couple of days, just get right back to it and you'll be fine.

Hi All.... happy girl tonight!!
i have had a really good night and a really lush saturday tea..made my very own chinese very impressed with myself..Normally my partner keeps quiet about my diets but he knows i mean it this time and has also been lookin through recipes with me and i now know things i can make for the both of us as well as my son!

So far this group has really helpped me, having people to talk 2 when ever and also havin the ideas and answers where ever i am is fab!!
I am lookin forward to tomorrow cookin my dinners..even though its a bit of a borin red day im ready for it!!
I'm happy and proud of my self for the first time in ages and feel like i can say to myself Sammie you WILL lose this weight!!
I no i am a big girl and i now no i CAN lose it!!
xx:D

Hi everyone, I am new to the website. I have recently rejoined SW and have lost 9lb so far. I am not always able to stay to group due to other commitments so have signed up on here to hopefully keep myself motivated and stay on track..

Hi All :wave_cry:

Im Kirsten, claim to fame - yoyo dieter. Once I loose a stone or two I think its ok to go back to my old ways until reality hits and im back where I started.:cry:

This time im giving it 100 percent!!!!

Im ready to give SW a go.
Need to gain some control back and feel good about myself again.

I have joined SW online and MiniMins seems to be the best place for support.

:rolleyes: xxxx

Hi there

Found this site, and it is amazing !

Started Slimming World 2 weeks ago and can't believe how much I can eat :D
Lost 6lb the first week and 3 1/2 the second, plus Slimmer of the Week!!

Looking forward to sharing ideas and support, am determined to succeed this time after many false starts :).

Hi All,

I'm Nikky. I'm 23 and fed up of being overweight!!! I've tried so many different diets including cambridge and lipotrim - both of which nearly killed me! I had a particularly bad time with lipotrim as I hated the taste of the milkshakes that much I was drinking less than 1/2 a shake a day and was pretty much starving myself in a desperate attempt to be thin. When I passed out at work I decided enough was enough and gave up with the dieting for a few years. Now I've decided to have a go at slimming world and I love it so far!

At the moment i'm struggling to get back on plan after a horrific christmas weight gain (13.5lbs!!!!!! :O :O) so i'm looking here for a little bit of inspiration :)

My weight loss journey so far:
24/10- 16st 2lbs - Starting weight
1/11 - 15st 11lbs - 5lb off :D
7/11 - 15st 8.5lbs - 2.5lb off
14/11 - 15st 11lbs - 2.5lb on :(
21/11 - 15st 4.5lbs - 6.5lb off!!
28/11 - 15st 3.5lbs - 1lb off
5/12 - 15st 3lb - 0.5lb off
12/12 - 15st 0lb - 3lb off and my stone award
15/1 - 15st 13.5lbs - Almost back to the beginning :(
9/1 - 15st 10lb - 3.5lbs off
16/1 - 15st 10.5 - 0.5lbs on
23/1 - 15st 6.5 - 4lbs off
30/1 - 15st 9.5 - 3lbs on
6/2 - 15st 9lbs - 0.5 lbs off
13/2 - 15st 7.5lbs - 1.5 lbs off

Hi guys!

Well I'm Nic and it is my second week on sw, I am doing it online and have been finding the sw forum very very helpful :) I am now keen to try and get involved (and hopefully not too confused by this forum lark!) and get to chat to people and share my experiences. I joined sw two weeks ago to try and understand and take a bit more control of my 'grazing' and snacking throughout the day. I am used to being much more active as I usually work away in the winter seasons and so would normally be skiing/snowboarding nearly everyday- so I could eat what I wanted! But now I would really like to know that I have the control on shedding a few pounds by adapting my diet. I pride myself on eating fresh, healthy food anyway but I feel that the added extras such as snacks throughout the day and pub lunches are helping me to maintain my weight and I want to take back the control! ( I have had to turn down 2 invites to nights out so far as I really want to give this 100% whilst I find my feet) What I am finding very hard is finding snacks that satisfy my sweet tooth... this is where I am spending my daily syns and I am hoping that I can get some helpful tips from other members.
Also, has anybody else noticed feeling very tired in the first couple of weeks of starting out? I just don't have the energy that I am used to at the moment, but I do feel that I eat ALOT of superfree and free foods at meal times...

Look forward to talking to you soon

:cool:

Back