Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

non loosers

Yeh deffo Lizzie we will!
i will be off shopping this afternoon, so guna get stocked up on lots of meat veg and fruit and see how this week goes! We can do this! I HAVE to do this lol xx

Hello
I have also been lurking around here for a couple of weeks, I joined sw at the start of the year and have lost 1 stone 11lb so far. Only about 4 stone to go. lol xx

Helloooo!

I'm also a lurker who has finally plucked up the courage to join and post.

I rejoined slimming world this week after having a nightmare time trying to do it myself and being so rubbish at it that I've actually gained 2 stone in that time!!!!
I figured that I needed the 'fear' of going to group each week and getting weighed to get my bum in gear.

I have around 4.5 stone to lose and I'm definitely going to move it this time! *determined face*

Hi
I have posted on a couple of threads in the past few days but I'm a newbie too. Although not new to SW. I know it works. I am better following a red or green day as I find I get a bit ...distracted on EE!

One thing I know about SW is that you really do need to eat alot of free food to get the best weight loss and you should have your syns too. I know, too good to be true but it works. I have to write things down for the first month just to help me focus on the right number of HE's otherwise I have too many (!!!!) but after a while it becomes second nature. I tend to save my syns for booze and bits of chocolate.

I have over 4 stone to lose, a family to feed and a busy weekend social life. But slowly, slowly I will get there. And I love minimins. It's such a support and all the recipes and syn info is fantastic. I have lost an awful lot of time in the last few days going through everything!

Good luck to us all :)

hows ur week?x

hiya everyone, how are all ur weeks going so far?
I think ive done well...today i thought i wud have a couscous salad for lunch and normally i love couscous but i think i had too much so im not a happy chappy at the minute! I have got some chicken out the freezer though and im jus guna have chicken red cabbage carrot and swede mash n broccil for tea!
im finding it hard cookin dinner sometimes havin to do my partner n lil boy something different to me..but im gettin there and hopin for a good lose this thursday!
Right ill stop chattin now lol xx

Hi there, newbie here.

Hi everybody, I'm a complete newbie.

I've finally taken the plunge and decided to try slimming world food plan and also join this forum today so yey!

Just hope that I can lose the weight this time and keep it off in a healthy way. I do have an awfully long way to go. I'm also a serial yo-yo dieter so it's time to break the habit of a lifetime. So hello everyone and good luck i know we can all do this together

Lol :)

A SW Newbie

Hello Everyone

I am new to SW and attended my first group last night which was a bit nerve racking but good :)

I have spent the last decade or so counting calories with WW/SM and numerous other "diets" and non have worked for me. Am hoping that SW will work for me as i find counting calories tiring and its not something i want to spend the rest of my life doing. I am hoping that SW will change my attitude towards food and start making the healthier choice.

Big hello though :D

Hi everyone.

Just a little bit about me, I'm 27, married with with 2 kids aged 7 and 4.

I had always been around the 13st mark, after i had my daughter i wasn't happy when i seen some pitures from her 2nd birthday, i joined up to closerdiets, and got to 11st size 12, and fell pregnant with our youngest. Within 8 months from him being born i was around, 10st 7lb:D just after a year of his 1st birthday i was 9st 10lb:eek: i got a bit carried away! I then spent next year happy maintaining between 10st-10st 7lb, my happy weight!
Had a tummy tuck in jan 2010, put a 7lb on after it was i couldn't do much exercise:cry: and the more i tried to shift it the more i couldn't get into it all!
So here i am trying a dif aproach to see if i can get back to my happy weight in the next 12 weeks ready for hols! I have set my target for 9st 10lb, i will be bikini ready :) but if i can just get back to 10st i'll be happy!!:gen126:

Hi everyone

Ive been looking at mini mins for what feels like months and have not plucked up the courage to write on here ... so now i have done it and there is no going back!

I have yo yo'd through my teens and twenties and now i have jus hit my thirties and dont want to stay like this forever.
I cant afford to go to class as i have a 2 year old and 6 month old so im quite busy and all money goes on them so hopefully the support of you lovely people will see me reach my goal whatever that may be.

Thanks for reading xx

Candy-cat said:
Hi everyone.

Just a little bit about me, I'm 27, married with with 2 kids aged 7 and 4.

I had always been around the 13st mark, after i had my daughter i wasn't happy when i seen some pitures from her 2nd birthday, i joined up to closerdiets, and got to 11st size 12, and fell pregnant with our youngest. Within 8 months from him being born i was around, 10st 7lb:D just after a year of his 1st birthday i was 9st 10lb:eek: i got a bit carried away! I then spent next year happy maintaining between 10st-10st 7lb, my happy weight!
Had a tummy tuck in jan 2010, put a 7lb on after it was i couldn't do much exercise:cry: and the more i tried to shift it the more i couldn't get into it all!
So here i am trying a dif aproach to see if i can get back to my happy weight in the next 12 weeks ready for hols! I have set my target for 9st 10lb, i will be bikini ready :) but if i can just get back to 10st i'll be happy!!:gen126:

Hiya! Good luck - there's loads of info on minimins. Great recipe threads and helpful people. X

sarahmun said:
Hi everyone

Ive been looking at mini mins for what feels like months and have not plucked up the courage to write on here ... so now i have done it and there is no going back!

I have yo yo'd through my teens and twenties and now i have jus hit my thirties and dont want to stay like this forever.
I cant afford to go to class as i have a 2 year old and 6 month old so im quite busy and all money goes on them so hopefully the support of you lovely people will see me reach my goal whatever that may be.

Thanks for reading xx

Hiya, good luck. I love the minimins site, its very supportive and there's heaps of info x

Im new here too, a bit nervous....not sure what sw is all about at the moment, hoping to get some advice before i decide wether or not to take the plunge.
May I ask a question? What is the difference between red/original and the other plans??? Im rather confused, hope someone can help

Hi Jamie2008,

I'm doing extra easy, which is really easy! lol

Think red you can have meat as much as you want and limit potatoes ect.

Green it the other way round, meat is syned and potato, pasta ect are free

Both green and red you can have 2 healthy A and B's.

On the extra easy, meat, pasta, potatos are all free, but you only get 1 healthy A and B.

Hope that helps.

I have ever really looked into greena and red days as extra easy is much easyer lol. Most people seem to stick with easy plan, and if they feel they need to, do a red or green day x

I'm no expert so someone please correct me if i've got it wrong

Hi guys,
I lost 7lbs this week woopie!!:talk017:
I am so chuffed..had a bit of a hard week as well..we found a lump on my lil boys willy tuesday so mass panic and we dint get in until late(needless to say the lump isnt anything serious its a cyst which may go on its own but we are off the hospital later this month to get it tested incase he does need an op!) so by the time we got in my partner went n got a KFC i only had 2 bits of chicken n some chips n afterwards felt terrible and still hungry!!!:sigh:

Then thursday night friends of ours asked us 2 go to frankie and bennys i changed the resturant to the harvester n had grilled chicken new pots n gave most of them to my partner n had mountains of salad! And i came away feeling really good and stuffed!
I am chuffed to bits with 7lbs cant wait to get another 7lb off for my first stone :)

Slimming World

I joined Slimming World on 11th January 2012 and have been really pleased with the results - 7 weeks and I have lost 17 pounds!

Hoping this website will keep me motivated?

thanks Candy Cat, I managed to borrow some material from a work colleague and feel I am ready to do this:D I bought a copy of Slimming World magazine on my way home from work on Friday instead of the usual choccie bar lol very motivating, inspiring and empowering :D
Congrats to those who have lost this week, you're doing amazing! Keep up the good work;)

Hi,

I've just joined the website in hope of some help and inspiration.
Every time I Google searched for something I was unsure about, I would always be led to this site so thought it was worth joining. I'm just trying to find my way around at the moment.
This thread has been very helpful

Hi Everyone, I joined slimming world last thursday after probably 2 years on weight watchers. As much as I enjoyed weight watchers, I didn't seem to be going anywhere and felt like I needed a change, I've joined slimming world and am determined to lose the weight! Its my sisters wedding in July and I'm a bridesmaid, I want to lose a good amount for then! Hope to get to know you all soon! Keeley x

Hi all,

I decided last week that enough was enough and I needed to get off the roly poly wagon and on my way to a healthier me again.

I used to do Rosemary Conley but as my lifestyle has changed I find that too hard so thought I'd give SW a bash as I was quite successful on it many year ago.

I'm coming up for 40 this year am at university and working at the same time as well as family and caring - so it can get a bit hectic for me.

I have about 10st to lose - so wish me luck pls

Back