Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi there,

Im new to this website but think its great. Im doing slimming world and love reading all the threads. Im not quite sure how to post threads etc onto food diaries bit lost xxxx

Hi Everyone

Decided to go it alone on SW for now.Went to class at the end of last year but the leader wasn't very inspiring so gave up. Lost about 4 pounds but they went back on over Christmas and more besides. :sigh:

I was going to join Bodyoptimise but it's sooo expensive! Thought I'd give it a go using this site first. I joined this site a while ago and just lurked, but thought it was about time I started posting. :)

I joined this morning, really great consultant and a lovely group, did go on abit though the meeting was from 10 till 11.40, its a big group so the weigh ins etc took quite a while, just going to read through the books and will really benifit from this site. xx

i'm will be on if you want a diet buddy .

Yes please :) Yeah I keep telling myself that better to have lost than to have put on, and that I am doing the right thing! Hoping to find lots of recipes and support and people in the same boat on here too which I'm sure will help

Hello all. I'm joining SW tomorrow night. Got about 9 stone to lose and I'm in no hurry (trying a bit of reverse psychology). Been reading round the site for a few months now and love it so I know I'll be well supported - especially encouraged by Ermintrude's exploits. Ta for now and I'll let you all know how things go in Jukebox land.

It would obviously help if I learned how to use a b****** computer properly and enter profile details correctly. I'm 5ft 8, not 4ft 10 - no idea how that happened.

jukebox good luck with the weigh in tomorrow, i took the plunge and joined this morning. xx

Hi Just joined this site for encouregement and ideas xx

welcome julie, this is a great site with lots of support I am glad we can catch up with your progess even more xx

:sign0144:

Hello everyone! :D

Joined Slimming World in June 2011.

Got my 4 stone award today! Still a long way to go but fingers crossed I get there.:fingerscrossed:

Joined here to hopefully keep me motivated and on track :)

Good luck everyone :)

Hello, I'm Kat! I have approx. 5 stone to lose and hoping that Slimming World will be a sensible and healthy way to do it. I'm doing it from home as I don't want to go to the meetings on my own! I got the starter pack books from my neighbour, and with the help of this forum I'm setting sail on the second leg of my weightloss journey!
Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all! :)

Yes please :) Yeah I keep telling myself that better to have lost than to have put on, and that I am doing the right thing! Hoping to find lots of recipes and support and people in the same boat on here too which I'm sure will help

be happy your heading in the right direction honey XXX i have loooads of recipes and cheats that aren't quite cheats but feel like it haha

Hi been doing SW for 3 weeks and have got my first sticker stone sticker already!

finding it good - just me needing to make the right choices...

let see what this week brings :)

Week 1 -8.5 :)
Week 2 -3 :)
Week 3 -3 :)

Hi I have been following the slimming world plan since Jan 2011 and have lost 4 stone 4lb. I have recently started to lose motivation and was looking on line for some new recipie ideas when I found this site. I am also a coeliac and am interested if any members on here have this condition. If so maybe we could swap some gf tips.

Anyway thanks for letting me join the group.

Carol

Technically I'm not really a newbie but I haven't been on this site much in a while and thought maybe I should get back in and see if it helps.

I'm Lorna. I first joined SW 2 years ago but then fell pregnant again and fell off the wagon. I got back into SW last August and have so far lost 2 stone, but for the past 2 weeks I have completely gone off the rails. I think I need a good kick up the backside. I'm hoping to get loads of inspiration from here to give me the mental bum whooping I need.

Hello, I'm new to posting but have been doing SW online since Dec 2011 and reading the forum on and off since then. I've lost just shy of 2.5 st so far and am really pleased with that - but i've got a long way to go yet!

Lately though, i seem to be on a 2 week cycle where i will lose 0.5 or 1lb one week then 2-4 llbs next week. I understand that might be completely normal but i wondered how others deal with not losing when you've been really good during the week? Isn't it demoralising?

Hello Everyone!

It's 1.00am and I've just signed up to minimins. :whistle:

A bit about me...

Real name is Laura, but am known to answer to pretty much anything hurled at me. I get married in December this year :character00250: We've been engaged since May 2010 and since then I was determined to lose weight, save lots of money blah blah blah. Well..... 9 months to go and I've put about 1.5 stone ON since then so currently weigh over 300lbs :eek: and t'other half about the same. Right pair of chubsters we are.

We're also very poor and wonder where all the money is we've supposed to have saved, lol. A little of that is why I'm here. I would love to go to a weekly group, but literally the wedding and honeymoon is taking up every spare penny so for now, I've got to use the books I had from a couple of years ago (never started it then) and muddle my way through a bit. I'm not a cheapskate though, if I could afford the group then I would pay to go. :(

So... My wedding dress! I ordered this in October 2010 as the one I fell in love with was being discontinued... this currently doesn't fit. Not by much I might add... but I really really want to have it taken in for fittings, not rejoicing because it just fastens!

Also, Honeymoon. Florida. Lots of walking, a LONG flight in SMALL seats for a UK size 28 is nightmare inducing. Fiancé's first flight too so I've chucked him in at the deep end. Then there are the theme park rides. We can't go all the way over there and then not be able to ride anything because we can't fit!! It's highly embarrassing to bare all of this, but then I think s0d it. Why shouldn't I admit to myself, and all you faceless champions what worries are going through my mind, and how stupid I am not to have fixed it before now. There is literally 9 months to go before the wedding in December...I can't set a goal because I have no idea what's achievable and what isn't. 2lbs a week would be approx 5 stone, but there are always up's and down's right?

I am the worlds worst at anything to do with exercise. MOSTLY because of my size and weight, but partly to do with damaged hip and cracked coccyx bone from getting hit by a bus in 2001.. yep... When someone tells you that you should do something adventurous because you might get hit by a bus tomorrow... LISTEN to them lol. I also have very bad will power and PCOS, not helped by the weight not helped by the PCOS. Vicious circle. No excuse tho. I'm the one who buys the big bars of dairy milk from the shop and devours it in about 15 minutes so I should answer to the skinny girl inside (I didn't eat her btw).

I started the Dukan diet last week, we're both meat eaters so how hard could it be? Let me tell you, it's HARD. Day 2 I decided that it wasn't for me. I felt sick. I couldn't even drink my sugar free squash on it!

So here I am. Slimming World. Desperately wanting it to work and desperately wanting myself to make it work.

It's equally as hard for everyone, but I so admire those who make it a success.. I hope that this time next year, I'll be back off my honeymoon telling all of my new friends on Minimins what a fabulous time I had.

I'm reading up on the rules and why's of this forum, hoping I don't break any, but bear with me guys. I'm fragile. :hug99:

Hello Everyone!

It's 1.00am and I've just signed up to minimins. :whistle:

A bit about me...

Real name is Laura, but am known to answer to pretty much anything hurled at me. I get married in December this year :character00250: We've been engaged since May 2010 and since then I was determined to lose weight, save lots of money blah blah blah. Well..... 9 months to go and I've put about 1.5 stone ON since then so currently weigh over 300lbs :eek: and t'other half about the same. Right pair of chubsters we are.

We're also very poor and wonder where all the money is we've supposed to have saved, lol. A little of that is why I'm here. I would love to go to a weekly group, but literally the wedding and honeymoon is taking up every spare penny so for now, I've got to use the books I had from a couple of years ago (never started it then) and muddle my way through a bit. I'm not a cheapskate though, if I could afford the group then I would pay to go. :(

So... My wedding dress! I ordered this in October 2010 as the one I fell in love with was being discontinued... this currently doesn't fit. Not by much I might add... but I really really want to have it taken in for fittings, not rejoicing because it just fastens!

Also, Honeymoon. Florida. Lots of walking, a LONG flight in SMALL seats for a UK size 28 is nightmare inducing. Fiancé's first flight too so I've chucked him in at the deep end. Then there are the theme park rides. We can't go all the way over there and then not be able to ride anything because we can't fit!! It's highly embarrassing to bare all of this, but then I think s0d it. Why shouldn't I admit to myself, and all you faceless champions what worries are going through my mind, and how stupid I am not to have fixed it before now. There is literally 9 months to go before the wedding in December...I can't set a goal because I have no idea what's achievable and what isn't. 2lbs a week would be approx 5 stone, but there are always up's and down's right?

I am the worlds worst at anything to do with exercise. MOSTLY because of my size and weight, but partly to do with damaged hip and cracked coccyx bone from getting hit by a bus in 2001.. yep... When someone tells you that you should do something adventurous because you might get hit by a bus tomorrow... LISTEN to them lol. I also have very bad will power and PCOS, not helped by the weight not helped by the PCOS. Vicious circle. No excuse tho. I'm the one who buys the big bars of dairy milk from the shop and devours it in about 15 minutes so I should answer to the skinny girl inside (I didn't eat her btw).

I started the Dukan diet last week, we're both meat eaters so how hard could it be? Let me tell you, it's HARD. Day 2 I decided that it wasn't for me. I felt sick. I couldn't even drink my sugar free squash on it!

So here I am. Slimming World. Desperately wanting it to work and desperately wanting myself to make it work.

It's equally as hard for everyone, but I so admire those who make it a success.. I hope that this time next year, I'll be back off my honeymoon telling all of my new friends on Minimins what a fabulous time I had.

I'm reading up on the rules and why's of this forum, hoping I don't break any, but bear with me guys. I'm fragile. :hug99:

Hi!

Congratulations on ur wedding i bet u cant wait! Me and my fiance got engaged christmas day 2010!
All the stuff your feeling i totally understand... i always knew i was ovr weight but never thought it would stop me from doing things like going on a ride at a theme park! Well this year myself my OH and the inlaws took my son to thomas land at drayton manor, i went on a few kiddie rides and go on but then me and my partner went on them hammer rides u no that swing upside down well i sat on it and put the belt over my shoulders when the young (very very handson!) man come round to check the belts were on he said he wud have to push them down even more which lead 2 him have to put his knee inbetween my legs and push down! SO thought that was it until the ride started n then stopped because my belt wasnt down how it should be (because of my massive belly!) i then had to change sits with my OH who tried to made me feel better about the whole thing and it dint i couldnt wait to run away to the toilet and cry:cry:! This is when i jus knew i HAD to lose weight!
Dont get me wrong its been hard and i have had to odd bad weekend and if it wasnt for some of the ladies on here i would of jus gone back to my old ways!!
I am off on holiday in 7weeks thursday and i am constantly worrying about sitting in the seat and weather or not the seat belt will go around me but slowly the weight is coming off!
The recipes on minimins are FAB! I have red weeks and extra easy weeks (this week is an extra easy!) i do this because i cant jus have green days coz of all the carbs it doesnt work for me but if i always have red i miss carbs so i swap weeks but i do love both red and extra easy!
Youre syns are there to be used and i sometimes use loads in a day and sometimes hardly none! No matter what week i am having i always have a chocolate bar on a saturday night as my treat(still within my weekly syns though!!)
Jus enjoy it, and if your OH is doing it with you, you can both enjoy the fab recipes together....
Heres a link to a man called Petes Recipes some of them are amazing and would highly recommend some http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

I hope you and your OH lose the weight you want to for your wedding!
xxx

OOOOO and forgot to say i found the thought of excerise awdul when i started.... But i brought a sit up thingy and do that everyday we have a skipping rope and now the weather is nicer i do that! i also try and take my son out for an hour sometimes 2 hour walk a day! When i get lighter i am going to try other bits but for now what im doing is helpping me! ( im also in the garden, gardening when i can and my god after about an hoour n half of gardening i can really feel it in my legs and the day after my bums kills :) )

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I have been around in minimums for a good few years but dipped in and out of various diet. SW semms to suit if I stay on plan so I'm back here. Starting today as a friend is giving up smoking and I said I would support him and fight my own personal battle! Hope to support and be supported. Here in the coming weeks!

Newbie saying hi!

Hi

New here. Started SW last week as shocked to find I weighed 14 stone 8lbs - way more than I though I would be at my worst.

Still struggling to get the hang of SW with only an online membership so this forum is invaluable. Have ordered the books and some recipe books, but find the syn values guides very confusing being separated into categories rather than being able to just look up alphabetically!

Anyway, my aim is to lose 50lbs to get me down to 11stone which is a) top end of the healthy range and b) the lightest I can ever recall being. I fully expect it to take me the better part of a year.

Its very hard with a family of annoyingly skinny hubby and 4 kids who are constantly eating yummy snacks!

Look forward to getting to know folks on the trip!

Hi,

I've been registered on the site for ages, not sure if I introduced myself first time round..
I'm a student midwife, who has succomed to shifts and long hours equalling less gym and more sugar! I can't do much about the gym at the moment as I don't have time to go 5-6 times per week like I did when I started my course, but thought if I can at least get the food sorted it'll be a start.

I don't know how much I weigh right now, but I have a feeling it is somewhere under 12 stone, ideally would like to be around 10. I don't have scales at my house, I might use scales in boots or something as I think if I had my own I'd become too obsessed. I have a full length mirror and a tape measure too so will probably go by that!

Looking forward to discovering new things, when I did slimming world before I really enjoyed cooking a bit more and adapting recipes!

Back