Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Helena and I am 30 in October.

Ive had problems with my weight since my teens. Through my 20s, I was always about 12.7, always trying to lose more. The lightest I have ever been is 11.7, which I have been twice for a matter of weeks before it started piling on.

I am a mum of two boys, the youngest being 3 months. After both I have been 16.5, but Im currently 14.10. Ive been this for the last couple of months.

Ive done sw about 8 years ago and did it for a week (ooh the shame) so I am back on it!

My goal is to be 12.7 (or lighter!) for my 30th in October. If I got down to 11.7 that would be the ultimate, but I dont know if I can maintain it.. its all about baby steps!

No doubt youll see me on here alot so do say hi, good luck everyone, lets do it!

Hi all,
Newbie here, went to my first class last night and was horrified by the scales!
Going to be one long hard slog but I've promised myself a pair of Christian Louboutins and a trip to New York when I eventually get to my target!!!

I've been fat and frumpy throughout my teens, and the first years of my 20's - it's not how I want to spend the rest of my 20s and onwards! Xxx

Hi everyone, I'm Leanne, I started in July 2011, but went through a rough time the beginning of this year but I'm back on track. I lost 3 and a half lbs on 1st March, 2 and a half lbs on 8th March and 3lbs on 15th March, so very happy I'm back on track.

I'm looking to make some new friends who know what I'm going though, how hard it can be to lose weight, I also have an underactive thyroid so makes it even harder. Also suffering with depression too.

Would be nice to hear from anyone x :D

Hi everyone, newbie here!

I'm Karen, 24 and joined SW yesterday. Weighed in at exactly 11 stone, the heaviest I've ever been, eugh. This was a bit of a shock to the system, considering I was 2 stone lighter 10 months ago for my wedding! Married life has made me chubby!

After doing weightwatchers a couple of times (the first time very successfully and the second disastrous) I decided it was time for a change. I really enjoyed my first SW meeting.

I'll be honest here and say although I joined yesterday, I'm not officially starting SW until next tuesday. This is because I have loads of junk food that needs eating, as well as a load of other commitments in the next few days. My plan is to figure out the SW basics over the next couple of days, cook and freeze a few meals that look good, and then get going!

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Hi all,
Newbie here, went to my first class last night and was horrified by the scales!
Going to be one long hard slog but I've promised myself a pair of Christian Louboutins and a trip to New York when I eventually get to my target!!!

I've been fat and frumpy throughout my teens, and the first years of my 20's - it's not how I want to spend the rest of my 20s and onwards! Xxx

I have also promised myself some Louboutins!!! :D:D Good luck to us both!!!

Hi all,
Have been a member on here for quite a while, I used to go to sw classes but in December I decided to get a new phone (all singing, all dancing top of the range Blackberry) and decided to quit the classes to pay towards the phone.

I have signed up to do a tandem skydive for charity in June and am currently at the maxiumum weight aloud for females so have decided to do sw at home so that I'm not squeezing into my jumpsuit. Quite a few people at work are either current or ex-slimming worlders so it's great to talk with like minded people.

I'm back on the forums for that extra motivation I get when reading others stories and all the great info you supply.

:flirt2:

Hello everyone

I started SW from home today.....I have around 1.5 - 2 stone to loose.

I did do it many years ago for a short time and gave up because I wasn't losing much but to be honest I was young and was probably not doing it by the book!

I am very happy to see the new Extra Easy days but they just seem to good to be true!! You can eat unlimited from both the red and green free foods as well as having up to 15 syns and HExa and HExb.....how many of you do the extra easy days all the time and still loose weight?

I am vey excited to see whether I can actually loose weight on the easy days and am all revved up and ready to go!!

So let's see how I go :)

Hope you are all on target with your weight loss goals xx

Hi

Hi

I did slimming world a while ago, but as soon as I stopped weight was creeping back on :eek:(.

Does anyone know how many sins the Philly with chocolate are please? Also can they be used as a healthy extra?

Thanks Lynn :)

Hi! I started SW last week for the first time. I lost 1lb this week but have just come off a vlcd so didn't expect to see any loss. I'm hoping as the weeks go by I will see an average of 2lb a week. I'm doing EE as it seems to fit the best with my lifestyle. I still haven't quite found my way around the SW section but hopefully I will get the hang of it soon xo

Hello to one and all, I'm Bexie.
I am 29 and live in Belfast.

I have been 'trying' to lose weight for a long time. At my best, I got down to 18st 7. At my worst I was up at 25st.

I've tried Xenical, WW, calorie counting, exercising but never Slimming World so here I am.
I am doing it myself from home, because as the mummy of a 2 year old it's hard to get to a class. Plus I don't want to feel like the frumpiest, fattest in a class.

I bought scales and weighed myself for the first time in a long time on Sunday, and didn't like what I saw.

I have to do this.

To be honest, I truly hate how I am. I want to wear nicer clothes. I want to be fit for my daughter. I want to not feel embarrassed of who and how I am.

I need control over my eating, I don't have it. It has control of me. I also have a rather bad/big appetite so thought SW EE was a good bet for me.

Anyhoo have ranted on enough, hope to do well here, and get lots of help and support along the way.

Hello!

I just finished my first week on slimming world too, im enjoying it so far and not finding it too difficult, i do however find myself looking down at my plate of pasta and loads of veggies thinking hmmm this would be so much better covered in cheese!
Anyway, I dont know how much I lost as I missed my second class due to working late, so im going to try to go to a different one tomorrow.
I have been pretty much on plan, except for a little bit of sneaky booze!

I love all the tips on here find them so inspiring!

* bit about me!
Im 28, from london, working in fashion.
I need to lose 4 stone to get down to a healthy 10 stone for my height, ( im 5'6) my target to focus on is being a brides maid in July at my friends wedding in Italy
X
Lola x

Hi, My name is Nia, Ive decided to lose weight after having my little girl 6 months ago. I completely let myself go, due to having a 4th degree tear during labour, and have ballooned to a 14 stone, so I have joined my local slimming world to hopefully bring me back to the confident, chatty girl that I used to be!
xx

Hi, I'm Emma.
I've done slimming world on and off for a few years and loved it every time but then I get distracted and think I can eat anything!
I've decided to try and lose some weight for the warmer weather. (although this week has been gorgeous)
So I'm not stood sweating in jeans when everyone else is in shorts!
Good luck to everyone! :D
xxx

Hi im samantha
I tried slimming world a while back and liked it but I just got a bit distracted. Now im in a much better place :) I met the love of my life who proposed after 4 months :) we have been engaged for 7 months now and will be setting a date soon and I refuse to try on any wedding dresses until ive lost some weight. The problem is that he works abroad and is home for around 2-3 weeks at a time and away for 6+ every time he comes home I put on around half a stone and lose it again when he goes. I need to have more willpower and stick to this diet. Im gonna start on monday and im so excited!!
xxx

Hia everyone am new to the forum and iv had a nosey around the storeys are realy realy good to hear and makes me want to get to my goal wight. So anyway am kirsty am 21 i started slimming world just four days ago and so far so good i cant wait to hit the scals on wedensday night i was so proud of myself i was out with my girls on the town last night + i still stuck to diet coke without vodka! am gunna keep noseying around the bargin thred looks well good.x

Hey Kirsty.

That's great that you had a positive first week. Is your weigh in days on a Wednesday x

Back