Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Congrats Samantha that's great news. A beautiful wedding dress will be an amazing motivation! X x

Hi all SW girls and boys! i started sw 6 weeks ago and have been moseying around this sight on and off so thought it was about time i got involved. It looks really good and i'm looking forward to getting some tips and sharing my journey.

I'm also loosing weight for my wedding, I'm the same as you Samantha as i will not try a dress on till i have lost at least a stone or two! think i want to loose 5st altogether but i don't know for sure.

x

x

Hey Kirsty.

That's great that you had a positive first week. Is your weigh in days on a Wednesday x

Hia kyla yeh there on wedensdays i cant wait till tomorow night to see how iv dne in my first week have you just started to? :)

I was planning my hour walk this afternnon i didnt get very far with the weather started snowing so i had to turn back so am waiting for it to calm down a little and il head back out in the colldddd lol .

Hello all just thought i would say hi 6th week of slimming world have done it before but have kept it up longer now :) im hoping to lose a lot more but i'm sure that it will happen in time i lose motivation quickly but this time it seems to be going a lot better and with the support of all the people here i think i can do it :D x

Hi folks

Been reading this forum for a while as I was trying to motivate myself to start SW again. Did it about 5 years ago before I got married and lost 5 stone but over time have managed to put it all back on. I do it online and I found I couldn't stop losing last time and my wedding suit was getting too big for me so ended up just coming off it. Promised myself I'd eat sensibly but that clearly didn't happen so this time I am doing it with a lot more understanding of how the diet worksand am hopeful of more long term results. Been on the diet for a week and feeling so invigorated already. It's amazing what the basics like fruit and veg do for you in terms of how much more energy you have.

Anyway, weigh day today so thought I'd introduce myself so I had a place to go if it is a disheartening result!

*Edit Just back from Boots and I lost 5lb so a nice start to the diet. Motivated me as I cooked my ham and eggs!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I'm a 21 year old girl, joining Slimming World tonight. Really excited about it! I haven't tried it before but know some people who have had great results.

Hi d14 it's good to see young people joing too the groups are really friendly though tend to have older memebrs but in my group we have a lot of young members too! The plan is easy to follow and if you like big portions it is great :) hope it goes well keep us updated :D (i'm 20 by the way) x

Hi, I have just joined Slimming World, just trying to get to grips with everything, I have previously been to Weight Watchers and am trying Slimming World to see if I am more successful! I enjoyed my first meeting but am still slightly confused, I'm sure I'll get the hang of things. I have 5 stone 7lbs to lose but am more determined than I have been for a long time. :) x

Hey everyone:) I was at my sw group tonight and I have lost 1.5 pound on my first week I was a little bit gutterd at first but once iv sat back + thorught about it propperly its not to bad for my first week its better then putting it on ... am gunna be a bit harder on myself by doing more walking so I lose more next week.

That's still a good loss, as you say better than a gain, and everyone lsoes at different rates in my group there are people who lose 3lbs consistently and those who are slower at only 1lb a week but keep up the good work and i always find that exercise boosts it and makes me feel more positive too :)

Hi d14 it's good to see young people joing too the groups are really friendly though tend to have older memebrs but in my group we have a lot of young members too! The plan is easy to follow and if you like big portions it is great :) hope it goes well keep us updated :D (i'm 20 by the way) x

You are right - my group was mostly older people (45-60) there was two younger girls but one of them I know and she is only there as support to a relative. I wonder if I switch to the morning class would it maybe have more younger people? The morning class is at 9.30 and the one I went to was at 5.30. I don't have anything against older people but I would just love more people my age around! A few younger girls did come and weigh in but they didn't stay for the group

That's still a good loss, as you say better than a gain, and everyone lsoes at different rates in my group there are people who lose 3lbs consistently and those who are slower at only 1lb a week but keep up the good work and i always find that exercise boosts it and makes me feel more positive too :)
Yeh like iv been on an 1.5 hour walk today and am just gunna eat more fruit and next week i might lose more .. After my walk today i feel grand got loads of energy =D

You are right - my group was mostly older people (45-60) there was two younger girls but one of them I know and she is only there as support to a relative. I wonder if I switch to the morning class would it maybe have more younger people? The morning class is at 9.30 and the one I went to was at 5.30. I don't have anything against older people but I would just love more people my age around! A few younger girls did come and weigh in but they didn't stay for the group

Hi d14, I go to futuredocs group and I'm also 20. Our group is at 7.30pm, I tried to go to two other groups which started at 9.30am before joining this one and slept through both! So if im anything to go by I can't see that they'll have that many more young people in the morning group. Lots of people weigh and go but don't be discouraged because you might find they stay for group next time.. I don't stay some weeks when I have work but do on others. We see lots of different faces every week.. just with a few regulars. Also with weight loss I find age doesn't matter. You all have a similar goal in common (to loose weight) and you might find you bond with your group the more you go... despite the age gap!

Good luck!

Hi there - I signed up to SW on Monday so am still in week one. I was horrified to find that I had weighed in at my heaviest ever and am determined to do something about it once and for all. Glad to have found this site with so much information and support - thank you:)

Hi Everyone... Today is my first day on the slimming world diet... this time round anyway!... I did introduce myself when i first came in but have a feeling i may have done it next door as i am just finding my way around... So i'll apologise now if someone see's my post elsewhere haha..

Hiya, I've been here before, but totally fell off the wagon! But i know this is a very welcoming site. I'll be 38 this year, and don't want to be "fat and forty", so wish me luck, and good luck to everyone here!

Hi all!

I've been following the slimming world diet since 5 February and have so far managed to lose 2 stone (i've still got 7 to go though!)

I'm doing this all by myself as I just bought the books online but all the help and recipies i've found on here have made it so much easier for me!

Thanks for all the helpful advice and stories!

Back