Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Thanks Lottiebird! :)

Mine has settled at around 2-3lb's per week and I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that it keeps going in the right direction! I've always been overweight since I could remember and I never thought I'd have such a postive attitude about changing my diet - I'm actually enjoying it!

It's such an inspiration to hear other people's stories and know what can be achieved.

I could have written that! I just feel like this is the time I'm gonna do it, and I have never felt that way in my life. I am really enjoying myself :)

2-3 pounds a week is great, I gain every few weeks so I'm just looking for more consistency. Some weeks I lose 4.5, then I gain 1.5... Maybe it's just how my body works. So I am weighing weekly at SW, but really only judging myself over a month. Hoping for 10 lbs this month :)

HI.
This is my first post on the forum so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have just started the SW plan and I'm doing it myself at home. I'm 15.7lbs and would like to be around 9.7lbs. I have put alot of weight on since starting the menopause 7yrs ago after a hysterectomy and my metabolism doesn't work as well as it once did in fact I think It's stopped ha ha.
Hoping SW will kick start it into action and I'll be able to get to a healthy weight which will bring my cholesterol down.
Any advice and tips from members would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wendy:wavey:

Last edited:
Hi Wendy, welcome to the site! I have found this site amazingly supportive, and people really are here for eachother. I hope it helps you too! Don't be shy to ask around if you need some kind words or a kick up the bum anytime :)

Good luck!

Hiya, Im Debbie, returning to slimming world 6 months after having my 2nd child. Have put on 2 stone and i cannot fit into any of my old clothes, so currently living in leggins and maternity joggers- sexy not!! Desperate to get rid of these very unwanted 2 stone and create a better life for my family inthe process, in terms of healthy eating and more exercise. I have done slimming world before a few years ago and stuck mainly to red and green days... i may venture into EE this time as well, still unsure... but hey thats what this forum is about... i look forward to catching up on all the new SW discoveries and hearing all your inspirational stories... slimming world is the bees knees! xx

hi, im a newbie - joined today. my sister in law gave me her old sw books - green week red week ones. im doin it from home - i have pcos and do struggle to loose weight - i need to loose around 4 stone. doing it for my confidance - but mostly because i want to conceive - after not having a succsefull pregnany in 11 years (im 29 and had my daughter 11 years ago, then suffered 4 m/cs - but not conceived in over 6 years) - any help/advice/tips please throw my way - im at desperation point over here! lol. my daughter also wants to do sw as she is around a stone and half over weight and is being bullied for it at school! :( how do i know how many points we can have a day? (sorry if thats a dumb question - im not the brightest of bulbs! lol.)
xxx

Hi, never done slimming world before, started a couple of weeks ago and lost 15lbs to date, although Easter was a bit of a blip, hoping to just stay the same on weigh day! :)

well all my walking is paying of i lost 4 pounds tonight am realy chuffed with my self :) and enjoying the diet

Hi Guys,

I bought the SW books last year when the HE's came in, but never even got going really! I have moved house now and the nearest club is only during the day so no good for me....

Anyway, got the books and now I have found this forum, hoping it will give me the support I need. I am weighing in at 15.7 stones and would like to get down to around 10 stones (12-14 size), so 5.7 to lose... I am 5'2".....

I am 50 this year and really don't want to go into my 50's as 'fat and fifty!'.

So I am just trying to get my head around SW rules (having mainly done WW in the past) so will probably need lots of help! I have put this app on my phone to keep me in touch so we will have to see how it all goes....

Good luck to everyone - looks like some have managed to achieve lots of weightloss already though!

HOLA!!! I'M BAAAAAACK!!!! :bighug:

I did really well 3 years ago, but have since made a mess of it and put it all back on.
:sign0007::booboo::break_diet:
So I'm back to sort it all out again. I've given myself a good talking to and started back at class last week. So, here goes.......

xxxxx

Hi just thought i would introduce myself been doing slimming world since Jan and lost 19.5lb to date. I am amazed how well i have done i have tried every diet going in the past and i can never remember me being as slim as i am now. I will be a slim bride :-D I love slimming world i can eat real food and it really is extra easy.
Have got back on track 100% this week after a couple of touch and go weeks so hopefully a good result on Monday.

Just signed up to this amazing forum and joining my local Slimming World group tomorrow morning so looking forward to reading how well people are doing and probably be asking for some advice along the way.

Already been reading some posts on here and they are totally inspirational to me :)

Hi All :wave_cry:

Said hello before but I think was in the wrong bit of the forum so here I go again!

Well, firstly I have been really reassured to read posts by others that they are having to start again after falling off the wagon, coz I thought i was the only one in the world!

Mines probably a familiar story - always struggled with my weight, got down to just over 9stone in my 20's using old style SW, then yo yoed up and down a lot, met OH settled down and got happy (but fatter) - hit just under 13 stone in 2009 and thought right lets sort this out - and then got down to the mid 10's using combination of SW and WW - then got bit complacent, a lot of difficult life events happened all at once, comfort ate, been ignoring it really and then last week got on some new scales and found I'm now the heaviest I've ever been :cry:

So,as I dont want to be fat and 40, here I go again. But I have for inspiration a good friend of mine who lost 8 stone, my mum who went from a size 22 to 14 on SW andhas maintained for over 15 years, and all you lovely folk on here whose posts have already helped me to believe that yes, it is possible.

So thanks to all so far, and good luck on your journeys x

Hi there

I am new to Slimming World. I have over 5 stone to loose to get my body to a healthy BMI in order to get considerred for IVF. I really need motivation and help from others going through the same as myself. I joined Slimming World on Monday night and so far I am finding it ok but I am not sure if I am doing it right :-( Would it be possible for someone to chk my food diary if I post it to see if I am doing it the right way?? I am on nightshift just now last night, tonight and tomorrow and it is difficult. I work 12hrs either days or nights and I am not sure how I am going to juggle the diet around my shifts :eek: any ideas???

Thanks
Debz xx

Hi all! I have been doing SW for around a month and a half now. A stone and a half fell off pretty quickly, and I am feeling great! :) But now I am looking for a bit of support, maybe a friend of around my age to message through facebook or something to keep me going? You know what I mean.
Thanks, Rachel :)

Hi All

I started on Tuesday last and (so far), I'm really enjoying it. Previously did WW but found it REALLY hard to stick to and "buckled" after about 8 weeks - fingers crossed I do better now :)

Mel xxxxx

Hi all!
Joined slimming world a week and a half ago...was definatly not happy with what I saw on the scales but I lost 5.5lbs in the first week! Couldnt believe it!
Really hope that I can keep it up cos its going well so far!
How's everyone else doing?
Katie xxx

Hi everyone
just wanted to say hello... I am starting the Slimming World plan tomorrow, with the help of some books donated by a friend as I can't get to a class. Was recommended to look at this site, and so glad I did! Hoping that I can find plenty of help on here to make sure I am doing this right and that I shift some weight!
xx

Hi all,
I started slimming world last week - first weigh in tomorrow - eek! I'm really enjoying the plan so far. Already picked up some tips and yummy recipes from you lovely guys and gals, so thank you.
Wanna shift my extra weight from having baby number two 9 months ago. Wish me luck!! xxx

Hi all, I've been a member of Slimming World since January this year love the plan, but was running out of ideas and motivation, so joined this group after hearing about it from some of the ladies on the facebook page! :D Have found plenty of new recipes to try. xx

Back