Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi guys.

Just jumping in to say hello :)

I am joining SW on Wednesday and I am quite excited about it. I have been following WW for the last 16mths and lost 3.5st. However I now find myself becoming complacent and I feel I need something new and exciting that I am unfamiliar with. I don't have a particular target in mind just yet, but will probably go for my 10% or something.

Good luck to everyone starting xxx

Hi my name is Nat. i have been doing slimming world since may 2009 and i have unti recently been attending group but due to time and cost issues i can no longer attend. i have been a lurker on this group for a long time and now i thought it was best i joined for real. I have lost around 4 stones, it was over 5 but i have regained just over a stone since september. i still have around 4 stone to lose. i really need to stay motivated because i have some events coming up and i can no longer fit in my clothes. Hi to everyone xx

Hi all,
I started slimming world last week - first weigh in tomorrow - eek! I'm really enjoying the plan so far. Already picked up some tips and yummy recipes from you lovely guys and gals, so thank you.
Wanna shift my extra weight from having baby number two 9 months ago. Wish me luck!! xxx

Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

Hello! Thought I'd drop by and say hi. My name is Sarah, I'm 25 and from Liverpool. I've just joined slimming world and am getting ready for my third weigh in, with 8 lbs off so far. I'm really happy with my weight loss up to now and I'm aiming for 2 lbs a week until I hit my target. I'm hoping to get to about 10 stone but I'm just taking it easy and trying not to put too much pressure on myself.

I work shifts so have to go to 2 groups - I weigh in on a Tuesday night if I'm on earlies and Wednesday morning if I'm on lates.

I gave up smoking nearly 8 moths s go and figure, if I can quit smoking, I can lose weight too...hopefully :)

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my week 5 weigh-in, so I'm not a total newbie to the plan, but haven't been on this site for very long.

I've been a lurker for a while, but wanted to start posting, as everyone seems so friendly and helpful.

This will be the last time I am ever overweight. I hope to reach my goal by August. I haven't had any massive weekly losses so far - the biggest was 2.5lb - but I'm finding the plan pretty easy, so am happy to take it slow and steady.

Hope evryone is enjoying SW as much as I am! x

hiya my name is vicki and i have just started the slimming world diet from home today, im hoping to lose 2 stone to start with but ideally wud like to lose 3 and 1/2 stone to take me to 11 stone. im not joining a local club so im hoping i can receive the support i need from this forum. xxx

Hi im Cheryl and im 25 I started slimming world on Monday but are doing it from home as not got confidence to attend meetings atm im hoping to gain support and inspiration off you all. Hoping to meet some good friends to be a pillar of support xx

Well done monty!

Hello! I'm Ashleigh, I'm 25 and I actually started SW in October last year (week before Hallowe'en - the horror!). I lost 21lbs by January which was amazing, but then I moved from Scotland to Solihull and haven't gotten round to joining my new local club yet. Have put on 5lbs since I moved here in in mid-February, but I start my new job next week and have joined minimins to motivate me to get down to SW next Wednesday! Looking forward to losing with you all :)

Hi everyone, I'm Helen, I joined minimins last year! but never actually got around to the diet :( But I am determined to try again.
I started SW in feb with very little success very disapointed, maybe the diet just is'nt going to work for me?? So I thought I would join in here and give it another shot, and get some inspiration from all you amazing slimmers. Maybe I'll do a diary too and see if anyone can make some suggestions? I began ok on SW and lost 6.5lbs but stayed the same then for a while and now putting it back on and so in a total of 10 weeks have only managed to loose 3lb :( Really have a goal for our summer holiday so going to work really hard to achieve it. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi all. I'm Cassie, 34 from Bedford. I joined SW this week as I need some motivation! I have lost 45lb in the last year but am losing my way a bit at the moment. I am hoping that SW will give me the kick start I need. I graduate in Sept so would like to lose 1.5st by then :)

Hello, im Katie im 20 and started slimming world nearly 6 weeks ago hoping to loose a few stone before my 21st in July' so far i have lost 1 stone so i am very happy! I do extra easy and i am loving it so far it works very well for me :) i look forward to speaking to some lovely people and good luck to everyone on their journey x

Hi Guys, I'm Emily.. I'm 22 and have never actually done a diet before, but i'm determined to be confident enough to wear a bikini on my summer holiday and look better than my little sister :p (Shes always been the skinny one in the family but has recently put on weight and is only one dress size smaller than me now!) :) I know it's going to be a struggle to stick to it as i'm a student with my dissertation due in two weeks, then lots of exam revision to try to secure a place on a teacher training course! Soo, i'm hoping any support I can get from this site will motivate me to stick to it!! Good luck to everyone else! :) x

Hi Guys, I'm Emily.. I'm 22 and have never actually done a diet before, but i'm determined to be confident enough to wear a bikini on my summer holiday and look better than my little sister :p (Shes always been the skinny one in the family but has recently put on weight and is only one dress size smaller than me now!) :) I know it's going to be a struggle to stick to it as i'm a student with my dissertation due in two weeks, then lots of exam revision to try to secure a place on a teacher training course! Soo, i'm hoping any support I can get from this site will motivate me to stick to it!! Good luck to everyone else! :) x
good luck with your uni course and exams and dissertation. I know how stressful it is I've got teaching placement, assignments and exams coming up and its easy to turn to comfort food. If you need any support let me know, hope you get a place on teacher training, its worthwhile x

Hey guys, I am Louise. I am 39 and have been on pretty much every diet you can name but found that SW is the easiest to incorporate into cooking and eating out. I have a lot to lose so will be sticking around for a while.

Back