Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi, I'm Lorraine and have been following the slimming world plan from home since Jan, I've lost 19lb so far but I have lots more to lose.

I've joined the forum for inspiration and idea's to keep me on track, I too will be around for a long time....lol.

Hi Guys
Ive recently lost just under 2 stone at slimming world group but stopped and have noticed the pounds creeping back.

Tomorrow is my 31st birthday and am using this as day 1 of my bikini diet and have given myself until 1st August to loose my final stone, which is the day that i am going to kos for a family wedding and cannot wait to be able to wear a bikini this year and actually feel good in it rather than worry about bits hanging out.

I cannot wait.......bring it on!!

Claire xx

Hi everyone

I'm joining a slimming world class tonight :). Weighed this morning and I'm 12.4. Last July I weighed 16.5 and January 15.5 so I've lost quite a lot of weight recently the most being down to following a vlcd. I stopped the vlcd as bf was worried id lose too much and was worried I was exercising lots and living on milk shakes. Ahhh he cares.

Anyway I stopped the vlcd 2 weeks ago at a weight of 12.1 and it's gone up to 12.6 and ive started to lose weight again healthy eating bringing it down to today 12.4.

I started on plan on Sunday do today Is my second day as I've previously done it before.

I shall be sticking to red/original days only as I gain weight very rapid if I follow any of the other days. No ideal why my body has a mind of its own.

First target I'd like to start seeing the 11s on the scales and see what size I am when I reach 11.0 as I'm in a size 12 now.

Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself :)

Hey everyone
I am 2 stone too heavy...
i have a heart condition and take steroids twice a day which is really affecting my weight and figure.
I am also a first time mum and gave birth to our son 5 months ago.
I used to go to slimming world group but can't really afford it now I'm looking after baby. So I'm going it alone and starting from home as of today :)

It will be wonderful chatting to you and I'm hoping it will give me the boost I need to get going!

Good luck everyone :)

Hi I am new around here joined sw in Feb 2012 and so far lost 1st 1.5lbs very happy with it just need to keep motivated that's always my down fall

kelou said:
Hi I am new around here joined sw in Feb 2012 and so far lost 1st 1.5lbs very happy with it just need to keep motivated that's always my down fall

Well done that's fab weight loss. Keep it going :)

Hi All

Just stumbled accross this forum when I was looking for SW recipes online. I joined SW last week, so hopking for a good loss for my first week(to keep me motivated)
Seems like this place is a fountain of knowledge so hoping i'll get extra motivation from here :)

Hi everyone

Well ive decided its time I stopped playing at slimming world and buckled down a bit. I started slimming world in and went from over 14st to just under 11 (woo hoo broke into the 10's). Ive been kidding myself that i've been doing slimming world properly but in reality since we went eurodisney last October ive not stuck to plan at all. Ive had weekends away, christmas, new years, birthdays, there always seems to be an excuse of why I cant stick 100 per cent to plan.

So from yesterday i've promised myself i am really going to stick to it. I'm not going to group anymore as to be completely honest I don't like my leader, the group is lovely but the leader is very cliquey and shes made it quite clear on more that a few occasions that she's not that keen on me. For any other newbies there's a couple really good threads that may help you, there is one called slimming world common misconceptions that is really good and also one for people who are doing it from home (obviously only useful is your doing it from home). Anyway onwards and upwards, ive had 2 days being 100 per cent and i'm even thinking of starting a food diary to keep me in check x

Hello everyone! I joined sw for the first time a fortnight ago and this is the first time I've ever posted on a forum so its all new for me! I discovered the site by searching for the half Syn cake and I'm totally bowled over by the cyber sw! Anyway I've lost 2.5pound which isn't too bad as I was away last week and I've eaten out at least 6 times. This week I'm going to cook more at home and see what happens! Good luck to all you newbies x
Start weight 12 stone
Lost 2.5 pounds in a fortnight
TArget 10stone 4.

Mooandmae I really do feel your pain :( Its so hard to buckle down when lots of events and occasions keep coming up isnt it. I think ive done the same thing and used it as an excuse at times.
Im annoyed with myself already this week. It was my dads birthday yesterday so we all went for a meal. I did very badly... Not the best thought out plan to start the day before eh!!
Never mind. Back up and at it today...
Hope everyones having a good week xxx

Hello

Im Kelly. I have been yo-yoing since July 2011. I HAVE lost 33lb, but could of been to target if I kept with it. No excuses but with 4 kids and a job sometimes it has been easy to fall off the wagon. I want to lose another 2 stone.

I have done WW and been using an iPhone app, but time to put my foot down and do this. I'm joing SW thursday night, as it comes highly recommended.

Kelly

Im Linda just hit the big 50 and vowed not to be fat n 50 but it happened!!!! :cry:Trying Slimming World (again) but with willpower I hope looking forward to being healthy and hope I can stick to it now I've found this support....after 1st weigh in I managed 3.5 loss but struggling not to succomb to my wine vice:rolleyes:

Hey Lindalou well done for your loss on 1st weigh in!
Im the same as you... Especially since having my son 5 months ago. I finally get him to bed then like to a have a drink with my hubby and unwind. Not every night or even every week but its happening a lot more than it used to! Hopefully this diet will kick me up the backside!

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and joined Slimming World 3 weeks ago. So far I've lost 2.5lbs both weeks, so I'm pretty pleased with that!

Just having a look around particularly at recipes as I'm trying to build up a bank of recipes I like, so I can get in the habit of knowing what to buy when I go the supermarket.

My goal is to lose another 3.5 stone.

Nicki x

Hi all
I joined a SW class last week. I need to lose approx 4 stones. I am a shift worker so may not make class each week so this great site will help. I have done EE for about a week and according to my scales I have lost about 3 pounds. I feel very unsure of the diet as I cant see how it will work. I feel very bloated tonight. I have been trying to get my head around eating unlimited amounts. I need this to work for me as I am actually eating a really good varied diet. Can anyone give me a bit of guidance. Should I still keep the portion sizes down? Also if the superfree foods are to be a third of the plate does this just mean vegetables with the meal or fruit before or after. I tried SW before and have always given up as I havent lost much. Maybe I dont do it correctly. Thanks in advance for any advice. X

Hello - I'm new too. I've been doing SW for a while and am close to target and struggling a bit so have come here for extra inspiration to get me there. :)

Back