Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello everyone.

I'm new here, but not new to SW. Been doing it on and off since 2007. First time I did it I lost 3 stone and got to target and was so happy. Then I got pregnant with my second daughter and it all went back on, and some more!! I have 3 stone to lose again to get me to where I was. I need a lot of help, support and motivation to keep me on the straight and narrow and not give up on it AGAIN. Look forward to chatting with you all xxx :p

Hi,

Another newbie to the forum here too !

I have also lost with SW before - 3 stone, and managed to put it back on, but am back to try again (and keep it off this time hopefully...)
Looking forward to getting to know you all x

Hello everyone, I had a baby 5 weeks ago and I am re-joining sw tonight. I actually managed to lose 12lbs during my pregancy but I have a long way to go to get rid of all my weight as I was overweight before I got preg! x

Hello - I am new to Minimins - looks good here!

I am just over a week into Slimming World and so far so good. I have also recently had a baby Fulham - well done for losing 12 lb during your pregnancy - you must have a lot of willpower!

look forward to meeting everyone over the weeks and getting rid of those pounds.

Hi There, I'm new too, not used a forum before too but could really do with the support. I've lost 4 lb in the first week, but I've had a sneaky go on the scales this week and my weight is all over the place so not feeling great at the moment. I weigh in on Tuesday night so hopefully it will show a loss by then. I did SW about 1 year ago but only for 6 weeks or so and then I did my back in and got lazy. The doctor has kindly given me 12 weeks free SW vouchers and if I loose 5% I get another 12 weeks so I am determined to loose it now. Its the right time for me. Good luck everyone x

Welcome Bossiegirl, that's great to get the 12wks free, I bet you will easily lose 5% in 12wks xx

hi all
first week of slimming world, doing ok, need to plan more carefully as i went over my 15 syns the first day!!
did better the rest of the week, have eaten more fruit and veg this week and less meat, i love the way you can vary the plans ie do one one day and one the next; i'm on 'original' today!!
i did have a sneaky weigh in yesterday and i've lost two pounds!! whoohoo! go me!

Hi all, I started s/w on Thursday (3/5/12) hoping to shift the weight I gained post op from a Tumor which left me highly restricted when it comes to movement :( I'm miserable the way I am so I comfort eat and go round in. Vicious circle lol hoping that you fellow s/w members on here will help keep me on track with the lovely recipes and friendly advice :) xxxx

Hi all, I started s/w on Thursday (3/5/12) hoping to shift the weight I gained post op from a Tumor which left me highly restricted when it comes to movement :( I'm miserable the way I am so I comfort eat and go round in. Vicious circle lol hoping that you fellow s/w members on here will help keep me on track with the lovely recipes and friendly advice :) xxxx

hi spooks, hope youre now on the mend:) tis tough when youre not as mobile, i know what you mean about comfort eating in that im an emotional eater but i really think SW will help me with that
the folk on here are really helpful, i am sure you will find lots of ideas and advice:)
what plans have you followed so far? i think i like green days the best, more healthy extras!!
:)

Hi all.
I'm not actually starting my class until next thursday but wanted to get my head in the right place before I start.
I have done SW before very successfully so I'm hoping I will be again.

Hiya everyone.

Just been searching for syn free gravy on the web and i found my way to Mini Mins, i didn't know that there were forums like this for SW members. Had a quick nosey at some threads and just had to join.
I joined SW on sat 31st march, so thats like 5 weeks ago and so far i'v lost 1st 12.5lb.:) This is not the first time i have joined SW, i have joined many times before but never really put much effort into it and i've just got bigger and bigger over the years.
I know this time is different, this time it feels right. I have a fantasic SW consultant and now i've found this site, how can i go wrong!

Good luck to all my fellow SW members and i hope we're all going to go the full journey together.

Wow! Well done Bernie - great loss! Keep up the good work

Elspeth x

Thanks Elspeth,

I noticed that your starting again tomorrow, I just want to say good luck and by 2nd July i know your going to be a stone lighter.

Bernie x

Back to the start!
Hi folks - I'm going to try again following the Slimming World plan.
I've done it twice before and did quite well but then got a bit too
confident and thought I could do it myself!! How wrong was I? Now
I'm even heavier than I ever was and my BMI is a shocking almost 39!!!! I
usually work shifts, (I'm a staff nurse working with people with Learning
Disabilities and challenging behaviours) but from Monday 7th May I'll be
on constant night shift for 2 months and hoping that away from the temptations of
takeaways and shared goodies with other staff, I can get a good start on
this time round. I'll set up a weight loss diary and a food diary - any support
or comments will be happily recieved xxx​

Hello there, I'm new to SW (converted from WW). Am in to my 6th week and I have to say it's a bit slow (Easter and May Day BH not helping!!) although I have lost 8.5lbs so reasonably happy with that. Am hoping to shift a bit more before a big holiday to Florida in less than 4 weeks, and then mend the damage when we get back :D

hi spooks, hope youre now on the mend:) tis tough when youre not as mobile, i know what you mean about comfort eating in that im an emotional eater but i really think SW will help me with that
the folk on here are really helpful, i am sure you will find lots of ideas and advice:)
what plans have you followed so far? i think i like green days the best, more healthy extras!!
:)

hi hun and thanks for the reply, i have been doing mainly ee with a few green days.. tried a red day but its too expensive for me and i struggle on it so going to stick to the other too. :) xxx

Hi guys!
I've heard nothing but good things about slimming world, and my mum lost 4st a few years ago when she first started.
So I though I'd give it ago as it's about time I lost the couple of stone I shouldn't be carrying, and as I'm due to get married next year, I can't put it off any longer!
Due to work commitments etc. I'm finding it hard to commit to going to group every week, so I think I am going to try from home. I have a few basic books and some recipe books too. and there is so much infomation on this forum! i think i've got alot of support =)

Hi All
I'm back after many many months off and Pounds & Pounds on!!...Been back on plan for a week now and got first weigh in tomorrow..Feels good to be back on track fingers crossed for tomorrow..:)

Hi guys!
I've heard nothing but good things about slimming world, and my mum lost 4st a few years ago when she first started.
So I though I'd give it ago as it's about time I lost the couple of stone I shouldn't be carrying, and as I'm due to get married next year, I can't put it off any longer!
Due to work commitments etc. I'm finding it hard to commit to going to group every week, so I think I am going to try from home. I have a few basic books and some recipe books too. and there is so much infomation on this forum! i think i've got alot of support =)

Hiya jenni,

Congrats on your wedding next year, i bet you can't wait. And good luck on your SW weight loss journey, i'm sure your going to really enjoy it. That 2 1/2 stone won't take you long to get off and your going to look proper gorgeous for you big day, your going to wow everyone.

Good luck
Bernie x

Back