Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi all

I did attempt to say hello elsewhere, before noticing this slimming world post. Hopefully got the right place now :)

I started slimming world when my daughter was 12 weeks old (so 3 months ago). Missed my 1st weigh in cuz she went into hospital, then lost 7lb on my next week back in. Been losing & gaining steadily since. I tend to get a big(ish) loss of around 3lb, then put on 2lb, then maintain, then lose 3lb again. Only 4lb off target now. Was 2lb off until yday when i put on 2lb again. Hoping for a loss this week!

Hope everyone is well & feeling motivated :)

Back to the start!
Hi folks - I'm going to try again following the Slimming World plan.
I've done it twice before and did quite well but then got a bit too
confident and thought I could do it myself!! How wrong was I? Now
I'm even heavier than I ever was and my BMI is a shocking almost 39!!!! I
usually work shifts, (I'm a staff nurse working with people with Learning
Disabilities and challenging behaviours) but from Monday 7th May I'll be
on constant night shift for 2 months and hoping that away from the temptations of
takeaways and shared goodies with other staff, I can get a good start on
this time round. I'll set up a weight loss diary and a food diary - any support
or comments will be happily recieved xxx​

Hiya elsmar,

How's it been for you starting back on the plan? I hope everything is going as planned.

Bernie x

Hi all

I did attempt to say hello elsewhere, before noticing this slimming world post. Hopefully got the right place now :)

I started slimming world when my daughter was 12 weeks old (so 3 months ago). Missed my 1st weigh in cuz she went into hospital, then lost 7lb on my next week back in. Been losing & gaining steadily since. I tend to get a big(ish) loss of around 3lb, then put on 2lb, then maintain, then lose 3lb again. Only 4lb off target now. Was 2lb off until yday when i put on 2lb again. Hoping for a loss this week!

Hope everyone is well & feeling motivated :)

Hiya Sel1,

Well done, only 4lb off target thats brilliant. A few more weeks and you'll be there.

Bernie x

Hi all

Started SW online today. Have attended class in the past but found it became rather depressing and demotivating! So thought I would give the online service a try, also I am away from home quite a bit so makes more sense to do it online.

Love the eating plans. Extra Easy being my favourite. I also eat out a fair bit so EE is great for that.

My hope is to lose a nice steady pound or two and week, then KEEP IT OFF! Change my eating habits for life rather than "diet".

Very glad to be here.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and looking for a bit of support. Joined SW in jan and I'm struggling a bit.

I'm having to do it online and can't really get around much at moment due to a bad back injury in Jan. Hoping to get some inspiration!

:wave_cry:
Hello!I had a quick peek here back in January, thinking i would manage without going back to class. I managed to shift almost a stone, but then it ground to a halt and went back on again :( So, i rejoined class almost 2 weeks ago. Hopefully THIS time round i will lose it ALL and not stop a half stone off target.

hi everyone.

After being a yo-yo dieter for what seems like forever im determined that this time it will work. I tried slimming world a few years back and while i lost weight i always found excuses to cheat and would always convince myself that i was doing well (even though i knew i was cheating, and not writing everything down). And fad diet after fad diet has seen all the weight gone back on, and a bit more besides!

Anyhoo, a friend did slimming world last year after struggling to lose her baby weight and now looks (and feels) fantastic. So, taking her example i've decided that now is the time to get my life back! I turn 30 at the end of the year and after living my teens and my twenties overweight and miserable (as much as i tried to convince myself otherwise!) ive decided that my thirties are going to be different!

I've been a secret lurker for ages and theres soooo much good advice on here from lovely people that i decided to finally make myself known. SO thank you to everyone that posts, i know that it will all be a massive help for me :)

I've just joined SW Online as there aren't any classes in ym area yet. Hopefully one day :) Still trying to digest all the info and looking forward to finding out more here.

Hi, just joined the forum today but have been doing Slimming World just over a month (11.5lb so far). Finding it a really easy plan to follow and the FIT stuff has got me back at the gym regularly for the first time in months. Already had a look at some of the recipes and stuff, good to have somewhere else to go as well as the official stuff :)

squidge82 said:
hi everyone.

After being a yo-yo dieter for what seems like forever im determined that this time it will work. I tried slimming world a few years back and while i lost weight i always found excuses to cheat and would always convince myself that i was doing well (even though i knew i was cheating, and not writing everything down). And fad diet after fad diet has seen all the weight gone back on, and a bit more besides!

Anyhoo, a friend did slimming world last year after struggling to lose her baby weight and now looks (and feels) fantastic. So, taking her example i've decided that now is the time to get my life back! I turn 30 at the end of the year and after living my teens and my twenties overweight and miserable (as much as i tried to convince myself otherwise!) ive decided that my thirties are going to be different!

I've been a secret lurker for ages and theres soooo much good advice on here from lovely people that i decided to finally make myself known. SO thank you to everyone that posts, i know that it will all be a massive help for me :)

Hi Squidge,

I'm in exactly the same boat. Seem to have spent most of my 20's overweight and I also turn 30 this year. Decided enough was enough and I had to do something.

Good luck with your weight loss

Emma

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there everyone, I am new to the forum (bit of a prob getting registered) but have been dropping in for a nosey from time to time. I am on SW for the second time and have lost 20lb since 9th January. It is coming off slow but i guess thats better cos if i have a bad couple of days it seems to stay off - fingers crossed no gains yet! I've got another 3.5 stone to lose but trying to stop thinking about that and just going stone by stone. Its nice when you start getting the compliments though and your weight loss gets noticed so i am much happier already - and i can get back into old clothes!

Hopefully with the support from you all i will manage to get to my target - nearly at my 10% now :)

Hey, I've just joined the forum, doing slimming world! So determined to lose the weight this time!! Doing it myself with the books as I find I don't get much from the group sessions, all we do is go round the group talking about how much weight everyone has lost/gained and it got a little monotonous after the 3rd/4th week. Think I will actually get more support on here... :).Need to lose about 2.5stone so could do with all the help I can get!!

another newbie

hello :)
I'm new to SW - joined a class last night.
I've been planning to start all year, but it's taken me this long to summon the courage to go to class, have been going thru' all the info given to me and am in information overload at the moment :) plan to spend time reading here and the SW website to generate ideas and try to understand more.

Hi! Joined a SW class last night. I also turn 30 at the end of 2013 and I want to lose 7st by then after having a seriously miserable twenties (bar my hubby and 2 beautiful boys!) I've faffed around with SW before, but am back on track. I'm doing the extra easy plan, which is great cause I have to do all the cooking for the family, so unbeknown to them they are all going to start eating healthier too! My weaknesses are wine and cake. I adore red wine, and love having a nice glass when the boys have gone to bed to wind down. Atm I am completely giving this up for the first month in order to break the habit, and then I might introduce a small glass back in for my syns! Cake wise, well, I love cake, filling and sweet, and am going to try and give this up completely as it is something I will binge on! I have small goals weight and exercise wise, and we are TTC atm, so hopefully that will be more successful as I lose more weight. I also have a lovely pair of size 10 Armani jeans and a beautiful leather jacket packed away in my loft where they have lived for 7 years now, and I want to be wearing them on my 30th birthday!

Hi Lizzie, i'm 30 nxt year too so in the same boat as you i want to loose about 6 stone but started at wanting to loose 7 but already lost the first one!! The extra easy plan is great so i'm sure you will do really well and reach your tartget well within time.

And good news you don't have to give up cake and will still be able to wear ur armani jeans! well not all cake anyways. I made a slimming world carrot cake last week and it was gorgeous and only about 13 syns for the whole things so if you need a cake binge u can! Its so much nicer than u would think so give that ago.

Good luck!!!
xx

Hi im Annie just started SW
Lots to lose but totally focused.
Loving the posts such a lot of motivation

Annie x

Last edited:
Hi im Kate 42, would love to be at my goal for my friends wedding in September, its being going good so far although weight loss slowed down in the last couple of weeks so whether i get to my goal by september we shall see.

Back