Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello! I'm Helen, 23 year old and been doing SW for a few weeks!

Hi I'm shirley, signed back up at Slimming World this morning after falling off track for a while, feeling motivated and looking forward to losing my 1st stone!

Hello :) I've been doing SW for a few days now from home as I can't get to my local meeting till the end of the month. But I thought better to try and make a start now right? It's going good so far....... I think!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

I have climbed back on the wagon. I lost a st last yr on SW and with working away, a holiday to the states and prolonged period of illness I have gained it all plus more. So started last Monday at home as my work commitments mean I can't make class anymore. Have bought a bike to do some body magic as I know that will help my weight loss and I need a better level of fitness generally. First WI tomoro so fingers crossed :)

Hi, all im currently on my 2nd week of slimming world 1st week I lost 5 1/2 ib hoping for a good loss at tomorrow's weigh in. :)

Hello,
Just joined. Sounds like a fab website. I'm not on a particular diet yet, just need to cut down on the sugars as I've unbelievable sweet tooth and eating for comfort since October as I'm studying.

Hi everyone :)

My name is Mel and I started SW about 7 weeks ago. After a loss of 7 pounds in the first few weeks my weight has started to creep up again :(

This is completely my own doing as I have been getting overwhelmed with planning etc as i suffer from CFS/M.E. then my doc said to start GI Diet now im bloomin aneamic etc etc...anyhow IM NOT GIVING UP even its a little loss each week it will add up over the months wont it? Plus im trying not to be too hard on myself, this is a lifestyle change after all and might take some time to adjust too.

I have a great friend who started at our local club at the same time as me and she is doing great, boot camp the lot!!! I think i just need more support than her hope you dont mind me joining in.

Thanks for reading!
Mel x

Hi after piling on loads of weight recently I've decided to do slimming world from home as I have had success with it in the past. Looking forward to finding lots of support, advice and recipes on this site.

Hi,

I rejoined slimming world last week after having success with baby weight last year (I lost 3 stone in a few months) I was following the red & green plans, but then they started pushing EE and I only ever maintained on it, so I left. (wrong thing to do!) I now want to lose another 1stone 6lb but after my first week of 100% following EE I've maintained! I really don't know if it's just EE doesn't work or if I'm doing something wrong!

x

Hi all, I have just switched from WW online to SW online, I need new focus!

I have lost 3st so far and have about another 7 to go. Onwards and Downwards!

:sign0144:Hi everyone: I am returning after difficult times: My elderly Mum, bless her, died in January and I have been comfort eating ever since! I had previously done really well so I am starting again.
I have just started my role as a gamesmaker for the Transport Team for London 2012 and I am sooooooo excited!
I start to wear the official uniform on 6th July so my first goal is to feel a bit more comfortable in it!!!
It's a wonderful opportunity and a lovely positive thing to happen after such sad times!
Good luck to everyone else.:)

xx

Hi Everyone

Just trying to get used to this site! Looking to start my diet today :) Did SW many years ago and found it to be great as I never felt hungry! Having lots of trouble with my weight in last 2 years between having a 2nd baby, terrible thyroid problems, steroid treatment and then since I stopped smoking 5 months ago! Now need to lose 3 stone and determined to do it before going on holiday in October so I can start feeling better about myself again :-( Wish me luck!!!

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I joined Slimming world at the end of June last year, and to date have lost 4 stone, and feel great. Hope to loose more, as I still have a very long way to go, but am loving the lifestyle change, and new outlook to my life. Good luck to you all. :)

Hiya all :),
Im jo im 28 and i never post on forums usually but i figured we're all in the same weight loss boat for whatever reason's and any extra suport i can get, or give can't be a bad thing right? :D
Im married, and the hubby and i are trying to start a family but we ran into difficulties and turns out i need ivf, to get ivf i need to shift some weight, ive tried diets before but with no real incentive, to lose the weight i start with the best intentions but soon that take away is just to hard to resist then its a fast slippery slope back into old bad habits with me!

So ive joined Slimming World started in August, at 20st12lbs and im down to 19st i did get to 18st7lb but i quit smoking and fell off my diet wagon, it was worth it as ive more energy to exercise which should help loads.

Anyhooo i could ramble on forever, my hubby would agree to that lol good luck all in your diets and speak soon :D

Hello all,
I've just started SW this week and I'm completely gobsmacked with the amount and variety of food that I'm allowed to eat! I'm a little worried about my next weigh in and I'm a bit dubious but my sister (who has had incredible results with SW) has told me to stick with it and see for myself.
I'll make sure to have a proper look around as it's all a bit overwhelming but I'm here now. So I may as well stay ;)
Here's to a healthier us!

Hi everyone. I'm joining a SW class at 5.30 this evening. Gave up smoking last year and put on far too much weight (and wasn't exactly skinny when I gave up) so the rest of this year is about sorting that out whilst trying to conceive our first child. Wish me luck x

Hi everyone!

The diet begins today (again!). I've recently had a baby, not that I can blame him for my weight as I only put on half a stone while pregnant with him, then lost 2 1/2 stone within 3 weeks of having him (pregnancy is my best ever diet) but have put on 11lb in the few months since and need to get that and my original fat off before people start asking if I'm pregnant again! I want to be the active mum I never was with my 10 year old daughter and be able to run around with my baby when he's a bit older, go swimming with my daughter without using her as a human shield so no one can see me (wishful thinking) in my swimming costume and feel better about myself for the first time in years!

I have done Slimming World in the past at group and lost 4 stone in 4 months, 2 stone 1lb of that I've managed not to put back on again over the last 2 1/2 years thank god! This time I'm doing it on my own at home so will be lurking on these boards like mad to pick up as many new recipes and tips as possible.

Wish me luck!

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I joined Slimming world at the end of June last year, and to date have lost 4 stone, and feel great. Hope to loose more, as I still have a very long way to go, but am loving the lifestyle change, and new outlook to my life. Good luck to you all. :)

Hiya all :),
Im jo im 28 and i never post on forums usually but i figured we're all in the same weight loss boat for whatever reason's and any extra suport i can get, or give can't be a bad thing right? :D
Im married, and the hubby and i are trying to start a family but we ran into difficulties and turns out i need ivf, to get ivf i need to shift some weight, ive tried diets before but with no real incentive, to lose the weight i start with the best intentions but soon that take away is just to hard to resist then its a fast slippery slope back into old bad habits with me!

So ive joined Slimming World started in August, at 20st12lbs and im down to 19st i did get to 18st7lb but i quit smoking and fell off my diet wagon, it was worth it as ive more energy to exercise which should help loads.

Anyhooo i could ramble on forever, my hubby would agree to that lol good luck all in your diets and speak soon :D

Hello all,
I've just started SW this week and I'm completely gobsmacked with the amount and variety of food that I'm allowed to eat! I'm a little worried about my next weigh in and I'm a bit dubious but my sister (who has had incredible results with SW) has told me to stick with it and see for myself.
I'll make sure to have a proper look around as it's all a bit overwhelming but I'm here now. So I may as well stay ;)
Here's to a healthier us!

Hi everyone. I'm joining a SW class at 5.30 this evening. Gave up smoking last year and put on far too much weight (and wasn't exactly skinny when I gave up) so the rest of this year is about sorting that out whilst trying to conceive our first child. Wish me luck x

Hi everyone!

The diet begins today (again!). I've recently had a baby, not that I can blame him for my weight as I only put on half a stone while pregnant with him, then lost 2 1/2 stone within 3 weeks of having him (pregnancy is my best ever diet) but have put on 11lb in the few months since and need to get that and my original fat off before people start asking if I'm pregnant again! I want to be the active mum I never was with my 10 year old daughter and be able to run around with my baby when he's a bit older, go swimming with my daughter without using her as a human shield so no one can see me (wishful thinking) in my swimming costume and feel better about myself for the first time in years!

I have done Slimming World in the past at group and lost 4 stone in 4 months, 2 stone 1lb of that I've managed not to put back on again over the last 2 1/2 years thank god! This time I'm doing it on my own at home so will be lurking on these boards like mad to pick up as many new recipes and tips as possible.

Wish me luck!
Good luck to all of you, I have only been on SW and this board for just under a week, I have been made to feel so welcome!

Check the recipes for ideas on how to cook lush things that look and taste great!

Morning all

I am not new to this website but I am a returnee to SW after 14 months away so I am going back to class to face the music at 7.30pm tonight! Not going to be the easiest with the long bank holiday weekend but I cannot make any more excuses not to go back lol

Will put my ticker on after class tonight when I see what the damage is :(

Back