Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello
I am not new to Slimming World but I am new to minimins (its all very confusing) I came onto this websight to get some help and support. I have been a slimming world member for some years now going back to the old red and green days and I did loose a couple of stones. Since my weight has gone up and down and I cant get EE to work at all. Anyway I hope to share advice and tips and hope I can crack it one day.

Hello everyone :) I am new to the this forum! Although I have browsed often throughout my weight loss journey and I'm forever telling my friends and family to look for recipes as its fab. :D

I'm 23 years old, I started Slimming World in feb 2010 and reached target after 17 months having lost 11 stone 6 pounds. I went on to make it to the top 10 for woman of the year 2011 and attended the awards ceremony which was absolutely amazing. I now go to group every week as a target member and love helping other people, have made life long friends and continue to meet Slimming World friends online!

I look forward to sharing and pinching recipe ideas and chatting to all you lovely people.

Hope you are all enjoying the sun and thank you for reading, just wanted to say a big hello!

Jess xxx

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tina and I have been on this site before but not for a long time. I went to my first Slimming World meeting this morning. I have tried Slimming World twice before but it was quite a while ago and I never really got started on it. Anyhow, I feel much happier this time. For some reason I have a better idea of what I am doing. The slimming consultant seemed a lot more enthusiastic about everything and has said that she will ring me tomorrow just to make sure I am happy and know what I am doing.

My husband also came along with me this morning so he knows as much as me now and I feel he can support me better. I feel bad because we have not really got a plan for tonight so it is a chinese. I am going to try my best to make the best choice I can and work really hard for the rest of the week to get a loss. We have bought in a lot of fruit, quorn mince, potatoes and fry light.

Wish me luck!!!

Hello everyone, I'm Marianne. I have just got back on the Slimming World diet today, I have tried it several times before over the last few years but for whatever reason I have slipped off the plan. In the past I have been too scared to weigh myself and didn't have scales in the home, but today I plucked up the courage and bought some - I was shocked to discover my weight is now over 19st, but I am quite proud of myself for finally facing up to it. I have been in denial for too long. So, this time I hope to do things properly, with weekly weigh ins so that I can see when I am going right and hopefully correct myself if I go wrong! Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and learn from you all.

A bit about me, I'm 29, I have always struggled with my weight but generally try and pretend it doesn't bother me (but of course it does!). I have recently got engaged, and we have not set a date for the wedding but I hope that this will really give me the motivation I need to make a permanent change to my lifestyle and get down to a much healthier weight. Now I am going to plan my week's menu.

Nice to meet you all!

Marianne

Hi Lizzie, i'm 30 nxt year too so in the same boat as you i want to loose about 6 stone but started at wanting to loose 7 but already lost the first one!! The extra easy plan is great so i'm sure you will do really well and reach your tartget well within time.

And good news you don't have to give up cake and will still be able to wear ur armani jeans! well not all cake anyways. I made a slimming world carrot cake last week and it was gorgeous and only about 13 syns for the whole things so if you need a cake binge u can! Its so much nicer than u would think so give that ago.

Good luck!!!
xx

I'm turning 30 next year too! Nice to know I'm not alone. The carrot cake sounds amazing, will have to try, do you know where I could get the recipe? Anyway, nice to meet you!

Hi there, not sure if I ever posted in this thread first time I was around but nevermind!

I'm Alexandra. I've previously done WW and tried SW briefly last year (literally not more than about 2.5/3 weeks on plan) but it wasn't a great time for me.

Now I find myself at my heaviest ever weight, and my partner and I both know we need to do something about our weight - he's also big. Our heads are in the right place and it's all going relatively easy for us so far which is good - though bit emotional realising and accepting recently that I have a binge eating problem and have done for a very long time in addition to my pre-existing mental health issues. But knowing it and recognising it is helping, I think.

Hi everyone. I started SW from home in Jan this year. I started as I'd lost just over 1 st on my own (just cutting back on foods and exercising more) and then hit a wall where nothing I did seemed to help. Started SW and lost another stone and 2 lb so it definately works. As long as you remember to eat the syns. (i was too scared to eat the syns at first). I love this forum. It's amazing to have a place for support, advice, answers and just to know you're not alone. Hi everyone! x

Hiya!! I'm new!! Started SW this time last month and have lost 20lbs so far doing EE. xxx

hi :wave_cry: im new to this .
really need to loose weight, have been on slimming world in the past and lost a stone so feel thats what works best for me.
it has been 4-5 year since i last done slimming world and i hear a lot has changed :(
i currently weigh 13st 2.5 :cry: this is the first time in years i have disclosed my weight to anyone.
i have 3 children, the oldest being nearly 10 the youngest nearly 4,it seems that i have gained 1stone extra per child (i was 10 stone prior to my son) and iv been this size since i had my youngest..... this makes me feel sick- sick of the fact that for the last 3 1/2 year i jhave tried and failed to lose weight :( im an embarassment to myself.
currently im a size 16 i had a rare night out last sat and my friend has uploaded some pics on facebook -my god im HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!
REALLY need to lose @3stone- but gonna be realistic and aim for 1 stone first.
im 30 next march so ideally would like to be 10stone--- im a loooooooong way off :(

any help/advoce/tips would be really greatfully appreciated

thanks
emma xx

Hello all

Been on the SW waggon for 2 weeks. Followed it at the end of 2010 and lost 1.5st which i have thankfully not regained. I'm now here to lose the rest sensibly as i have been on and off faddy and low cal diets but keep losing and gaining the same 7lbs!

I just put a hello in the wrong place! Oh well! I started SW just over 2 years ago and got to 6 stone 5lb down, after a load of hassle over the last 7 months I've gained some and am back up to 4 stone 9.5lb off. I decided to sign up after lurking and pinching recipes for months on end to try and help keep my motivation up!

Hello!

I think I must have said hello in umpteen wrong places, sorry about that!

Anyway, here we go again. I'm Michelle, I'm married to Dave, I'm a Brit but he's American, got married in Denmark, live in Germany, five cats, no kids, moving to Florida later in the year. Lost 5 stone 8 pounds with WW over about 18 months before hitting the mother of all plateaux and after several months lost the plot, then had flu and ate junk and didn't exercise for six weeks and wound up 2 and a half stones heavier. Signed up to SW on line and lost 2.8 lbs my first week. This is week 2. Loving it so far, doing EE and think I am doing it properly - trying my hardest to get at least one-third super free foods on my plate, I hope I am managing it!

Hello everyone

Joined this site in 2010 and SW and didn't really lose much as didn't follow the plan. Wanted to wake up 6 stone lighter rather than try and work it off. Got pregnant in 2011 and had baby number 2 in January 2012. Am exact same weight I was 2 years ago and really starting to think about how I will be the fat mum at the school gates if I don't get my act together sharpish! I've not told people (friends/family) that I'm on SW before as if I didn't lose then I didn't have to admit it. Decided that this time I need to perhaps tell everyone so that way it might help me think twice before putting the wrong thing in my mouth. am going to use this site and your help to get me down to the slim mum I am inside.

Hi, I'm Kate and have just joined slimming world after two years of uni and two stone to show for it! Hoping to lose as much of it as possible before going back for my final year in September and to look amazing on holiday in July! :)

Hi all, i joined SW a couple of weeks ago and lost 7.5lbs in my first week - so really felt as though i had a breakthrough. 2nd week i stayed the same, which was really good for me as it was my boyfriend's 21st birthday so we were out A LOT. Really looking forward to the rest of my journey :)

Hi everyone, my name is Rachel and have been doing SW for almost 7 weeks now. It is by far the easiest diet i have found to stick to and am actually enjoying it.

Decided to join on here as gives me another place to discuss my journey, ask for advice etc as well as my weekly meetings. Hoping I can stick with the diet better than previous attempts at other diets as I am brilliant at lying to myself and coming up with excuses so please feel free to tell me to get a grip if that happens!! haha

Good Luck to us all!!

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to lose about 7 stone, I've already lost 2 so I'm well on my way!! I find I'm really enjoying going for long walks with my dog, and it's toning my legs at the same time :) Looking forward to being 10 stone again hehehe!!

Hi. Nice to meet you all. I joined here recently and am still navigating around the site, and keep getting lost and confused. Duh!!! lol lol. I did write a post introducing myself but have no idea where it went?? lol. Anyway, I'm doing Slimming World. Started 2 months ago and have lost almost a stone slowly, but have now come to a standstill despite still following the plan. I wanted to lose 1 & 1/2 stone. Struggling with that last 7 or 8 pounds.
Bye for now xx

Hello to everyone, I joined slimming world four weeks ago, lost 6lb and a half so far which I am happy about in a way. Gained ALOT of weight over the past 5 years, over a stone a year! Have been in denial about it finding it easier to blame medical problems for not losing weight. I have been an at home dieter, which lasts a week but then when I dont get IMMEDIATE results I decide I prefer to eat junk food than slim down. Had a wake up call when I got out of breath walking to the shop!! Joined slimming world and have been doing aerobics twice a week, I was hoping to lose 5 stone so with the half I have almost lost :) just another 4 and a half!

Hi everyone, I started Slimming World 4 weeks ago and have lost 4.5lbs so far. I started at 11 stone 10 (although at my biggest I was just under 13 stone but lost a stone on Weight Watchers a couple of years ago). I want to get to 10 stone which I last weighed in 2006. I did try Weight Watchers again at the start of the year but just couldn't get on with the new plan so thought I would give Slimming World a go. Exercise isn't really a problem as I am a keen swimmer and do lots of walking but I really need to get my eating habits sorted. It's going well so far, just hope I can keep it up.

Back