Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi, I'm new here. Just joined the site today and just joined Slimming World this past Thursday. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so hopefully this is the slimming plan for me!!

Hiya, I am joining tomorrow and have quite abit to lose too. Good luck xx

Hey all!
I have about 5st to lose and until about a month ago I thought that was an impossible task. Once I joined SW however, I can't believe how inspired and confident I feel that I will be able to achieve this. I lost 8lbs on a fortnight and have my next WI tomorrow - fingers crossed. Good luck at your first session guys and I will see you all on the other side!
P.S. check out my diary here

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/280225-wozzas-weight-loss.html

Hi there, go to slimming clubs, there's a whole SW section :)

Good luck from this side of the pond x

Hi knee high, great loss so far! Well done x

hello all!

I'm starting today, love this site so far, what a great support group!

Good luck to all and nice to meet you! xx

Hiya all, I joined SW last Thursday and would like to lose 3 and a half stone. I hadnt considered a goal date but I know I shouls so here goes, I would like to lose it by the end of October. I know this might be stretching it but I will do it because I want to get into a little black dress at chrimbo....

Good luck everyone x

Hello,

Im new to minimins too, and thought id say hi!

HI!

I'm doing Slimming World but started in November and lost a stone by march, Unfortunately iv but a little back on after falling off the wagon. However im now fully back and determined to shift this st by sept in time to be maid of honour at my best friends wedding.

Hope your well,

FunkyCherry

new to here and slimming world first meeting tonight have lots of friends had amazing results with sw I'm giving it a go :)

Hi Guys!

I'm back at SW tomoro night for the first time in three yrs. If I had stuck to the plan in the first place I wouldn't be in this situation - but oh wel.....!

Still finding my way around this site, not sure where I will end up posting, but thought the 'newbie' section was as good a place as any to start!!

Have been having a look at the recipe thread, and started making a shopping list. Once i ahve got my head aroung all the changes to the plan I'm hoping to get a meal plan/ shopping list for the week sorted.

For now I know that Thurs will be a 'green' day (do they still call it that??) as I can have chips and beans for dinner and will be making 'free' soup for lunch. That gives me an extra day to read up on stuff and make my lists - I do love a list!!!

I did notice that there is a thread for Wednesday WI, so I'm guessing I will be posting on there tomoro night. Also need to get myself one of these 'ticker' things sorted......off to have a look at that now, but guessing I will have to wait untill tomoro night to set it up as I will need acurate figures to begin with.

Hope everone is well and sheading the pounds ready for the Great British Summer!

Welcome in all new ladies and chaps - if you have any questions or issues, please dont hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help :)

Welcome to all you lovely newcomers and good luck on your travels, looking forward to chatting with you x

Hey all,

Im new to this site, and I'm new to sw, but not new to dieting!
Lots of help and support would be greatly appreciated, I have put on some weight following a course of medication and now I am aiming to get it off but after weeks and weeks (possibly months) of trying I haven't been able to shift it, I can't seem to put the biscuit tin down!!!! That's why I'm here.....

Hi ChunkyMama,

Well you have come to the right place! First of all SW is fabulous because of the choice and the minimal counting but most importantly, even if you go to group and you get weekly support, the beauty of this forum is you can get support and answers all day every day (as well as meeting some lovely folks along the way!).

Best of luck :)
x

Hey all,

Im new to this site, and I'm new to sw, but not new to dieting!
Lots of help and support would be greatly appreciated, I have put on some weight following a course of medication and now I am aiming to get it off but after weeks and weeks (possibly months) of trying I haven't been able to shift it, I can't seem to put the biscuit tin down!!!! That's why I'm here.....

Hey mama,

Don't worry the great thing about Sw is it sooo easy! And im never hungry as you can eat as much potatoes and pasta as you like and can still have the occasional piece of chocolate which really helps take the taboo wanting away.

Cherry

I first joined slimming world around 4 years ago when i was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and had gained over 5 stone in a short time!! I managed to lose nearly 3 stone with Slimming world and found it amazing that i could eat so much and still lose weight!!

I can't tell you how encouraging this is for me ! I've been doing SW since Xmas and only managed to shift 9lbs and been yo-yoing all over the place, just been diagnosed with underactive thyroid and started meds this week - I know the meds are no quick fix but it goes to show you can lose weight even with UAT, so will be going back to group next week with renewed determination, thank you xx :D

Morning peps,

Joined SW last night. Had a mini meltdown when I saw the scales, cant beleive that I have gotten back to this size. Even now still a little teary about it. On a positive not, been on the SW website and organised all the meals for the comming week, written my fitness plan and wrote a shopping list for after work. I will be comming off, but as it never went on in a day it wont come of in a day.

Back