Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

morning fairypop,

good luck with it all, you'll be on the way in no time and meet some lovely folks along the way :)

x

Morning peps,

Joined SW last night. Had a mini meltdown when I saw the scales, cant beleive that I have gotten back to this size. Even now still a little teary about it. On a positive not, been on the SW website and organised all the meals for the comming week, written my fitness plan and wrote a shopping list for after work. I will be comming off, but as it never went on in a day it wont come of in a day.

You've done really well to organise yourself there. That's what I've done this week, I've found it much easier. Feel free to download this if it helps. A lot of people on here have said it has. Just stick to it, don't dwell on the gain, the past is the past, look to the future :)

Attachments

• Slimming World Plan.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 43
Hello everyone my name is Katherine and I am 41 and just about to start my journey, getting mentally ready as I have loads and loads to come off and needing all the motivation I can get I have tried slimming world a couple times in the past but it was the wrong time for me to change my habits and due to my own willpower I ended up giving up. Which was rather silly as I would have been at goal probably by now. My main reason for wanting the weight off is for health. I have arthritis and my knees hurt like stink some days and being overweight ain't helping me. So big hello to everyone xxx

Welcome Katherine, there's loads of support on here, hopefully we will be able to support you and help you stick to it and achieve your goals, good luck

First week on SW plan AGAIN!! last first week- Honest!!
Okay, so I have joined SW again today for the very last time. I'm hoping a forum like this might help me along the way, I always look but I have never posted before, hoping if I tell all you lovely people about my struggles it'll make it real and I will stop living in denial and actually make it work. I have lost a couple of stone with SW before so I know it works, but I always give up, pretending to myself I'll only be off plan for a day or two and it turns into months!!

This time is for real! I really need to do it, I've recently had an op to removed a huge ovarian cyst and lost an ovary so now I have limited time to have children, I don't want to be a huge pregnant lady or a huge mum (if we manage to have chilldren) so it's time to get serious. I don't really know how to use a forum very well, so any tips will be helpful, like how to put that weight loss story type thing after a post, and the weight tickers etc.

Thank you all in advance and looking forward to my new life (hopefully)

Holly xxxxxxx:)

Hello there!

Started Slimming World 4 weeks ago and i'm just getting the hang of it (i think). Hopefull i can pick up some helpful hints here :)

Hi everyone, I started SW at home nearly 3 weeks ago, ive lost 9lbs so far yay :) I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi ya
Restarting on slimming world after a stint on ww. Had success with sw years ago, but unfortunately after 2 children and quitting smoking I'm now bigger than ever! Hoping to lose 2 - 3 stone by doing a mix of EE and red days.
Louise x

Hi All,

I have just re-joined SW and have a lot of weight to lose, this time round I am more determined than ever.

Good luck to everyone else doing SW x x

Hey everyone...how are we all??

As you can tell i am new to this so need all the help i can get. I will be starting my SW diet 100% tomorrow i have eased myself in this week mostly sticking to the diest other than a few drinks and a bit of choc but tomorrow is where the hard work starts for me.

Anyone got any good advice for me? Say hi i am all alone :-(

and another newbie ! (and not far from you Mabear, next county up :) )

Starting SW tonight so not exactly sure what my weight is, over 14st I do know :wave_cry: I need to lose weight not because I want to go clothes shopping but because I want my energy back.

Few details..
Over 60
Don't like pasta or rice (and see how many recipes have pasta and rice in them :mad: )
I own every weight loss gadget known to mankind, just too lazy to get on it and use the stuff :cry:

G71

Hello everyone! Gosh what a busy forum this is, might take me a day or two just to get my head round it!
My names Gemma and I started SW nearly a month ago now (doesn't time fly?) and so far I've managed to lose half a stone. I was hoping for more, and was disheartened with my 1lb loss after losing 5lb in the first week, but I'm no diet-virgin so I know that this is the best and healthiest rate to lose, so I'm going to try and keep my chin up! I'm loving it so far, its weird allowing myself pasta and rice again, which were always forbidden or VERY limited on other diets I did, but theres a reason so many people swear by SW and I want so badly to be one of them!
Anyway, I hope to stick around here for the information and support, you all seem so friendly and patient with new members which is rare in forums so you should be proud!
Heres to another loss this week *fingers crossed*
G x

Hi everyone, I had introduced myself on the slimming world from home thread yesterday. Just saw this thread now especially for introductions. Looking forward to continuing my journey here :)

Hello everyone! Gosh what a busy forum this is, might take me a day or two just to get my head round it!
My names Gemma and I started SW nearly a month ago now (doesn't time fly?) and so far I've managed to lose half a stone. I was hoping for more, and was disheartened with my 1lb loss after losing 5lb in the first week, but I'm no diet-virgin so I know that this is the best and healthiest rate to lose, so I'm going to try and keep my chin up! I'm loving it so far, its weird allowing myself pasta and rice again, which were always forbidden or VERY limited on other diets I did, but theres a reason so many people swear by SW and I want so badly to be one of them!
Anyway, I hope to stick around here for the information and support, you all seem so friendly and patient with new members which is rare in forums so you should be proud!
Heres to another loss this week *fingers crossed*
G x

Hey, you're right SW is amazing. It's only my first week on the forum and back on the diet as I've been V poorly, however I am a SW veteran, only in the fact that I have done the diet for so long - not that I'm a success story, but that is nothing to do with the plan, that is problems with my motivatihon. Hoping this forum will help! The plan is so accessable and easy to loose without feeling deprived. I am never hungry and find that the key to not cheating! Hope you find it works for you.

Enjoy and good luck with it all

Holly xx

Back