Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi all,

I am going to my first SW meeting tonight so thought I would get in early with a 'hi'. Have done it before last year and lost 1st7lbs to squeeze into a bridesmaid dress, but unfortunately did that thing where as soon as the ceremony was over, began to eat and eat and then didn't want to go back etc.. Am now around 12st 11 again, not bad for a year eh!?

But this time, I am not loosing for any real reason (do have aholiday in september but not fussed about bikinis and all that) so going to take my time and do it for life. I am generally a positive person and am sure with all you lovely people I am going to enjoy the ride. We should all be so proud that we are taking the time and effort to do something healthy and great for ourselves.

Hey, you're right SW is amazing. It's only my first week on the forum and back on the diet as I've been V poorly, however I am a SW veteran, only in the fact that I have done the diet for so long - not that I'm a success story, but that is nothing to do with the plan, that is problems with my motivatihon. Hoping this forum will help! The plan is so accessable and easy to loose without feeling deprived. I am never hungry and find that the key to not cheating! Hope you find it works for you.

Enjoy and good luck with it all

Holly xx

Thanks Holly! I've never done anything like SW before so its lovely to see people who swear by it and go back to it time and time again, it must be doing something right if thats the case! Congrats on restarting and hopefully this time, with the support of group AND this amazing forum, you'll have the strength and motivation to get to your target and keep it off :) Good luck! x

Thanks Holly! I've never done anything like SW before so its lovely to see people who swear by it and go back to it time and time again, it must be doing something right if thats the case! Congrats on restarting and hopefully this time, with the support of group AND this amazing forum, you'll have the strength and motivation to get to your target and keep it off :) Good luck! x

Thanks Rowley xx

Hi all
So ive been a SW member for 3 weeks and have lost 13lbs im sooooo chuffed with this diet, to be able to eat so much and still lose weight! wowzer is all i can say, i keep forgetting to update stuff on here but i will do as it defo helps with motivation! good luck everyone

Morning all!
Im Kim! I started slimming world online yesterday :) and figured as im not going to the meetings, this looked like a very motivational place for support! I was on weight watchers three years ago and went from 14st 7 to 11 st 5. However the weight has crept back on, last time i weighed myself i was 12 st 10. But in all honesty i have been too scared to do it since! I started slimming world hoping that a change of diet would renew my enthusiasm! And so far i love it!

Hi everyone, wow am really inspired by some of these stories, especially almost 1stone in 3 weeks! Am currently on my first week, not expecting those dreamy losses that come so early on because i have been following the plan on/off for a couple of weeks before going to the meeting. Have already got down from 13st3 to 12st10 doing this but now find I need the motivation from the other group members. And seeing those (declining) figures in clear ink in my SW book. It really is an amazing diet (have done before but left too soon) in that you just eat such good, healthy food all the time.

Good luck everyone.

Bonnie

Hi all,

Like some I've been on a handful of diets throughout the years. I must admit I've come back to Slimming World as I know if I embrace it properly it really does work for me!

I know it'll be a long haul but if I break it down into 7lb blocks I know I can do it.

So looking forward to having a look round here. Seems a great place to come for support.

Good luck to everyone x

Hello! I joined here in 2009 apparently (I don't remember doing it!) but found myself back here whilst looking for a Slimming World Recipe. I rejoined Slimming World on the 1st of May and started doing Extra Easy for the first time and I have to say I'm absolutely loving it. I've never felt so... not hungry before!

I did start to lose weight on my own a couple of years ago when I had an active job, but now I'm a forklift driver I sit on my back side most of the night. I feel a lot better now I'm eating proper food, because even when I was losing weight originally I still wasn't eating healthily.

I've decided Slimming World is just a part of me now as much as having ginger hair is. I'm in this for life!

Hello!

I gave up smoking and have noticed the weight creeping on, I'm starting to feel sluggish and out of breath and a friend of mine thought I was pregnant when we met up the other day :( I'm getting married December 2013 and I want a figure hugging type dress (no meringue for me, I'm 5ft, they dwarf me!) so the pot belly has to go.

I am VERY new to this and finding it all very complicated with the HEB and HEA stuff, I hope it gets easier! Also, sandwiches are like MY FAVOURITE THING EVER and it seems like I need to cut down on them/cut them out which is going to be difficult and I'll definitely need a good sandwich substitute! I'm going to trawl this forum for recipes so hopefully that will help.

Wish me luck and I look forward to becoming an active member of this supportive community :D

Good luck Kayteeee! Sandwiches were my biggest downfall but I haven't touched one for seven weeks now. It kind of happened without me noticing, I was too busy eating jacket potatoes and whatnot for lunch! My consultant said they try and steer people away from the sandwich culture. Looks like it works!

Hello, I am new to this. Am going to join slimming world on Monday but will be doing the weekly shop tomorrow (Sat). I am going to start tomorrow though by following the eating plan on the website. Have a couple of questions tho - is it better to join a group or online and does it really work?? Any advice appreciated. Thank you :)

Hello, I am new to this. Am going to join slimming world on Monday but will be doing the weekly shop tomorrow (Sat). I am going to start tomorrow though by following the eating plan on the website. Have a couple of questions tho - is it better to join a group or online and does it really work?? Any advice appreciated. Thank you :)

It definetley works, I joined last week and at my first WI last night I had lost 8.5lbs!

If I were you I would weigh in on monday and start the plan first thing Tuesday morning otherwise the weight you lose over the weekend won't count on your SW journey.

For me I find a group is best as you get to learn from other members and you can all support each other.

Good luck for your journey x

WOW Claire - thats amazing weight loss in one week!!! I will be happy if i lose a couple a week. Did you feel hungry at all??

I think it's possible to do it online, but going to group every week is invaluable. The support is amazing. But of course you can get that here too! Good luck with whichever route you choose.

If i join a class can i still use online services? Do they have a syns counter - i have only ever done WW before? If i join online then can i also go to a class?

In answer to your question, no I didn't feel hungry at all - I ate loads!! With SW because there are so many free foods you don't need to be hungry, that's the great thing about SW.

When you join a group you have access to the online stuff - which is really useful. I'm not sure whether you can go to a class if you join online, maybe someone else can answer that one.

Hi - good luck with your Sw journey!!

Yes, it really works - don't ask me how, I have no idea. But it does! In my first week I lost 5.5lbs. I didn't feel like I had lost anything, so was totally amazed. Hope to lose 1/2 stone by next Wed.

Personally, if you have never done SW before I would spend the money on joining a group rather than using the on-line services. Group membership allowes you to use online tools, such as syns calculator and recipe thread. I don't think on-line membership enables you to attend a group at all - but I could be wrong.

The info you get from your consultant and other jroup members really is invaluable in the early days. Even though I have doen SW previously, I have re-joined a group again, just to get that extra information.

If you enjoy cooking I suggest you look at Pete's recipe thread on here - there are lots of great ideas on there, all free/low syns on EE plan. I think variety is the key. I made a plan not to eat the same meal more than once a week in the first month - just to 'force' myself to try new stuff. I must say, I'm gonna find it hard not to do fried rice more than once a week - it's amazing!!!

Yum fried rice sounds nice, I'll have to look for the recipe.

Back