Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

HELLO!!!!! Just thought I would say Hi......been reading and feel so inspired by all the success.....done slimming world before but after having my second daughter I have put on a horrendous amount.....at 5ft 2 and 13 stone it's time for me to do something.....hope I can meet some 'buddies' on here to help along the way x

HELLO!!!!! Just thought I would say Hi......been reading and feel so inspired by all the success.....done slimming world before but after having my second daughter I have put on a horrendous amount.....at 5ft 2 and 13 stone it's time for me to do something.....hope I can meet some 'buddies' on here to help along the way x

Welcome, good luck with your weight loss. I'm sure you will find lots of support on here x

Hello starting slimming world diet in the morning after many many failed attempts at losing weight, I am very overweight and very much an emotional eater and stuff my face with choc and things I really shouldn't so looking to change amongst others who understand what it can be like and maybe help guide me xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Katherine, you will get loads of really good information and support on this site, everyone is great.

If you have any questions I'm sure you'll find the answer on one of the threads.

Best of luck for your weights loss x

hi

Hi Katherine, you will get loads of really good information and support on this site, everyone is great.

If you have any questions I'm sure you'll find the answer on one of the threads.

Best of luck for your weights loss x

Just wanted to say thanks ever so much for that will hop on scales and scare myself to death in the morning and post up the drastically excessive amount and then weigh day will be every monday following that. Starting off on extra easy. Any tips anyone would like to offer would be most welcome xxx

Hi, I'm in my third week and have lost 4lb so far. Found this website tonight whilst googling for recipes (so many fabulous ideas here). I joined up with workmates who are very competitive which I hate so I'm hoping to find a different sort inspiration here! My biggest problem is red wine, I love it! I have to admit to not cutting it out completely and probably busting my syns more often than I want to admit, but I'm a realist rather than an idealist and I know I won't stick at this if I try to quit it entirely!

Hi Katherine!

You will finds all kinds of support from people on here - it seems a really friendly place! I must say - you do sound like you are 'beating yourself up' a bit over the number that 'may' appear on the scales tomoro. Lets face it, we are all on here for the same reason, we all want to weigh less than we do right now. You have made that first step - think of that as the 'positive' way to tackle that number. I find that beating yourself up over it just gets you down, and then you go 'off plan' in order to feel better.

If you enjoy cooking, take a look at Pete's recipe thread on here - some amazing stuff on there. Fried rice is my current No1 !

excellent weight loss well done - are you following green or red or extra easy? xx

I'm doing extra easy - it makes making 'normal' food syn free really easy. I snack on loads of fruit (and I mean LOADS), I tend to have eggs for breakfast, that way I can save my healthy extras for the evening which is when i'm more likely to have a wobble.

Are you joining a group or doing it at home, I would definetley recommend a joining a group if you can, the support you get in group is amazing.

Hi, I'm in my third week and have lost 4lb so far. Found this website tonight whilst googling for recipes (so many fabulous ideas here). I joined up with workmates who are very competitive which I hate so I'm hoping to find a different sort inspiration here! My biggest problem is red wine, I love it! I have to admit to not cutting it out completely and probably busting my syns more often than I want to admit, but I'm a realist rather than an idealist and I know I won't stick at this if I try to quit it entirely!

Well done on your loss so far!

I don't drink so don't know if this works, but some of the girls in my group say putting wine in a smaller glass (but the same amount) makes you think you are having more so you'll be less likely to go for a second glass - might be worth a try to help you stay within your syns.

Good luck x

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am going to join a class on Wednesday. I did it myself last week and lost about 3 pounds but class would be motivational i think. Wish i had found this website earlier - everyone seems really encouraging. Hopefully this will work - it needs to be a lifestyle change this time. Really good to hear everyone's fantastic results with SW. I should have tried it earlier instead of WW - i was always hungry!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am going to join a class on Wednesday. I did it myself last week and lost about 3 pounds but class would be motivational i think. Wish i had found this website earlier - everyone seems really encouraging. Hopefully this will work - it needs to be a lifestyle change this time. Really good to hear everyone's fantastic results with SW. I should have tried it earlier instead of WW - i was always hungry!!

Good luck witht he class on Wed - post and let us know how it went. I think you will find it usefull and informative as your new to SW. I'm finding out all kinds of stuff - and I have done it before!!

hi all, im lorna and ill be starting slimming world again at home as i just didnt enjoy my classes and got nothing out of them, but hopefully ill get the support i need from all you lovelies on here! :) and ill try my best to give you all the support that you need!! :D

HI All , I started SW 2 weeks ago, Have 2 stone to lose & hoping this is the way to go :) Will need support from you all ;) I also gave up smoking 1 month ago today so I need to start this or my weight would have just crept up even more if I started substituting food for fags :) Hope you are all doing well :)

Hi folks! I'm new here too. I have a stone and 4lbs to lose before I will allow myself to be seen on a beach in September! I lost a stone following sw last year, without going to meetings and have maintained that for a year or so, hooray! I am a sucker for avocado's and if anything is going to trip me up its those delicious things...my mission is to lose weight while still eating my daily avo (they're good for me!) and enjoying the food I usually eat with a few modifications where required. Good luck to everyone who is starting their journey too-may the force be with us! :D

Hello to all newbies, I too am one and I'm hoping I can follow your journies as well as gain inspiration from the wise!

I joined 3wks ago, tomorrow will be my 3rd weigh in. I'm aiming for a steady 1-2lb per week after spending the last year on bouts of juicing, Slimfast and WW all to no avail. It took me many, many failed attempts at these to realise that they were not going to work for me and I needed the support that only a group could give. I reached goal about 7 years ago and have steadily travelled the 'snakes and ladders' to end up right back where I started - tipping the scales at 12st + and wondering how the hell I got there again!!

Anyway, if anyone fancies having a diet buddy I would be up for it - busy working mum, house, kids, dog, husband, many balls-a-juggling....apply here!

Good luck xx

Hello, i'm new. well, i registered ages ago but then forgot about it. hoping to stick around this time. i'm 2stone down, many more to go. really want to lose another 3 stone by christmas if i can.

Back