Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Thanks Hun, I WILL keep it up! :) and it does feel so great :) xx

hello fellow newbies, i am new, i need to lose my baby weight. She is 2! There is just no excuse! good luck every1 xx

hello fellow newbies, i am new, i need to lose my baby weight. She is 2! There is just no excuse! good luck every1 xx

Hi Lillaura, are you doing Slimming World or following your own action plan? Whichever it is, you will find lots of friendly support on here.

Good luck!

hey batesey23, i've bought all my books and stuff so now i'm just gonna do my weigh ins myself. this place is great tho, what did people used to do?!?

Hi All

My name is Sharon from Glasgow.

This is my 2nd go at SW - I rejoined on Monday, weighing in at 11st13lb and am 5ft1in!!

Just wanted to say a big HELLO :) :):p

Hi! I'm starting SW on Monday, doing it from home as I can't get to a meeting.
I have at least 5 stone to lose, managed to lose 3 stone before but I've put most of that back on. Tried calorie counting, weight watchers and just 'healthy' eating. None seemed to work for me so I hope SW does! =)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi - Im Nadine, Im 27 from Belfast. I have been on and off SW for the last few years, but Im back with a vengeance, I now where I fell down last time which was because when I had a gain - even if it was small, I beat myself up and gave up.

here's hoping I get loads of support from you guys. any top tips from people who have been in the same position?

Hi! I'm starting SW on Monday, doing it from home as I can't get to a meeting.
I have at least 5 stone to lose, managed to lose 3 stone before but I've put most of that back on. Tried calorie counting, weight watchers and just 'healthy' eating. None seemed to work for me so I hope SW does! =)

Im starting AGAIN from monday too, tried this week but im just too naughty. I also cant get too meetings, i just hope it doesnt mean i can cheat more, coz i know i will lol We should weigh in each monday on here and let each other know how were getting on :) Im actually excited to go back to basics with SW :) Good luck with your weight loss!! :)

Thanks. Good luck with your weight loss too! =) I've made a diary already and I will try to post on there as much as I can. Just need to make a meal plan for my first week and figure out some goals and rewards. I'm putting more effort in this time. Have several books ready to record weight loss and achievements, a food diary and a book for writing down recipes, syn values and tips. My problem was that I never really recorded anything before.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all! I'm completely new to sw, on my 2nd week now. I lost 5lb in the 1st week so has definitely given me the motivation to keep going. I can't go to classes, wrong time near me, so you guys are my support group! My sister gave me her books and I've got the green and red recipe books too. I was 15 stone in February, started running and now with the help of sw I'm 13st 6lb. Goal is 11st!

So hello to everyone!

Jen :)

When i first started SW i redorded everything i ate, thing is, as time went on and work and home life got busier id forget to write stuff in the diary and forgot lil syns that id had in the day. i just gave in recording things, but just get a little note pad and write down your free foods, superfree, he's, and syns :) thats what im going to do, and carry it with me. I think i was at my best when i was writing it all down, and just because you havent written down the biscuits you might have had doesnt mean you didnt have it, your weight will give you away on weigh day, thats what i keep telling myself :/ lol

Hello, I'm not new to the forum as I've been on just about every diet there is, over many years. I've actually lost loads of weight but now feel the need to join a group to help me lose the last 2.5 stone so I'm off to Slimming World on Monday. I used to be a member online and got on quite well but didn't renew and so relied on old fashioned calorie counting for the last year or so. I'm hoping going to a group will help me get my head around syns and healthy extras and stop me treating myself with biscuits and chocolate ( which explains me having got stuck at 13st 6lbs !)
xx

Hi, I'm Laura and I joined sw 5 weeks ago. I've had a small loss every week so far and as long as that carries on I will be very happy indeed! Lost 8 pounds so far and another 7 will get me my 10% which is my first mini target. Did something really silly and signed up for the Peterborough half marathon in October so don't want to carry an extra weight around a 13.1 mile course! Wish me luck, I'll need it!

Hi all.I'm going to my first SW meeting in the morning,bit excited n nervous all at same time,got 2st 11 to lose!! I did have 3 to lose but managed to lose a few pounds this week by cutting down : ) can't wait to get started.good luck to u all on ur weight loss journeys.xx

Hi all!
This is my second time joining Slimming World and im determined for it to be the last! First time i joined i only stuck at it for 2 months losing 2stone which i was happy about but due to work and my shifts i just went of track completly and put almost all of it back on :(
But now im back finally and can't wait to continue with my weight loss journey :) Went to my first group last Tuesday and stocked up on new recipe books to help me not get bored of just eating salad! So far my week has been good so fingers crossed i see good results this tuesday! :D
Good Luck to you all on your weight loss journeys!

Hi,
I've been doing slimming world at home for about 2 weeks now and have lost 3lbs. I'm aiming to lose about a stone and a half. I'm a BIG sweet/ cake fan so any tips in curbing them cravings would be great.
-Amy x

Hi ive jut joined this site and joined slimming world. I did slimming world about 18 months ago and in just over 4 months I lost 4 stone. Have no idea why I then decided to just stop and go back to my old ways but after 18 months and 3 stone gain, im back and determined that this will not be a diet, this will be my lifestyle change. I love to cook and have wonderful meal plans and recipes so im gonna give it my all and fingers crossed it will drop off again... good luck to you all and let this year be ours.... xx

I've been posting away, and never introduced myself - can't see this thread for some reason on the app! - my name is Luce, and I'm getting married in February, hence the need to lose weight, don't want to be rolling down the aisle ...

Hi all........... I've been researching Slimming World on here for the past week, and have just started today now I've got my head around things. Right now I'm sitting at my desk at work eating pasta, tinned toms, cheese, carrots, peas, mushrooms and green beans - PHEW!!! .... and I can really lose weight like this you say??? lol x

Hi all........... I've been researching Slimming World on here for the past week, and have just started today now I've got my head around things. Right now I'm sitting at my desk at work eating pasta, tinned toms, cheese, carrots, peas, mushrooms and green beans - PHEW!!! .... and I can really lose weight like this you say??? lol x

It's crazy isn't it but yes! Welcome hun! I can't get over just how much we can eat! This is my 2nd week of sw (doing it at home, no classes). I lost 5lb the 1st week, praying I'll loose again this week. Weekends are my issue as I have a very slim husband with an incredibly sweet tooth so need a lot of will power! If I really need a sweet pick me up then I have a couple of sponge fingers (the ones you would put in a trifle) very lovely and only 0.5 syn. Also, snack on alpen light bars as you can have 2 as your hexb.

I am too impatient tho! We'll do it ladies :)

x x

Back