Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd say hello! Just setting out with SW again today. TBH I'm a bit apprehensive - I've lost weight with SW in the past, so I know it works, but I also feel like I have been down this road before, and now I'm back where I started :-(. I'm so fed up of being this size, I'm ready to try again - but I think I'm going to need a little help to get going and lots of support along the way!! I'd love to be out of the 'obese' category - so into the 12st something bracket by my birthday in December. Please help me get there!!

A xxx

Hi all ;)

I'm Anita, I'm 33 and I have been reading your posts for a while and thought I may as well join :D
I started Slimming World in May after finding myself nearly two stone heavier than a year before which was when I got married...so it was time to take action. I found a group really close to home so had no excuse not to go and I have to say..I love love love it :eek:

Loosing weight has never been so easy! I have been yoyo-ing for ages but SW is helping me to make better choices, its not really a diet I don't think as I'm eating more than ever...its just what I eat I suppose that makes the difference.

Looking forward to chatting to yous all.

x

Hi

My name is Clare. I've recently joined SW in East Cowes on the Isle of Wight. So far i've lost 4lbs :) I've been googling the syn values of various things and keep getting directed here so thought i might as well join.

Hi,
I've been doing slimming world at home for about 2 weeks now and have lost 3lbs. I'm aiming to lose about a stone and a half. I'm a BIG sweet/ cake fan so any tips in curbing them cravings would be great.
-Amy x

I dont curb them when i do slimming world, i just find slimming world ways of making them! Try the slimming word cake lady on facebook, she's amazing, and so is the food! :)

Hi all!

My name is Carly and I started Slimming World last month, since then I have lost a total of 13.5lbs but still have a long way to go!

Have begun this journey many times before but usually lose motivation by the time I lose 10lbs, this time round I feel different, it's not so much "when i reach my destination" but more a total life change.

Looking forward to talking to you all :)

Hi all! I am Bindi and I am starting slimming world from tomorrow. Joined tonight and paid for 6 week count down to motivate me. Lots to lose but want to take it a step at a time. I did SW bout 12 years ago and lost 3 stones with it then so know it can work.

So HI! from me and look forward to chatting to you all

Just checking in with my fellow newbies - anyone else had a really successful 1st weigh in???

Ive an amazing 9 lbs off in my first weigh in - so proud of myself!! Slimming World ROCKS!!!

Nadine84 said:
Just checking in with my fellow newbies - anyone else had a really successful 1st weigh in???

Ive an amazing 9 lbs off in my first weigh in - so proud of myself!! Slimming World ROCKS!!!

Well done, Nadine! I lost 7.5lbs in my first week. I don't mind admitting, I cried a little bit.

Hi everyone I'm Meadysu and have just joined this amazing site. I am to lose 3 stone and get my life and health back. It's great that we can all share our Slimming World recipes and Syn values - it's such a boost reading everyone else's posts - keep up the good work everyone xx

Hi,

I'm Laura, I started SW yesterday, I'm slightly terrified at the thought of it all. I feel so totally overwhelmed by the amount I have to lose, but am trying to focus on small steps. Looking forward to chatting to all :)

Hi All,

New to this forum after joining SW last wednesday. Had my 1st weigh in last night and loast 4.5lbs. Am really chuffed.

Cant get over how easy the diet is and how its making me cook from scratch and not making me pick at food throughout the day!

Want to evetually lose 4-5 stone but will be happy to have lost 1.5-2 stone by xmas.

Hi all

Just joined Slimming world after losing weight on the Cambridge Diet so have another stone to lose..Enjoying the diet so far...as its only day 1 and looking to lose and not have a gain. Although I have been having food on the Cambridge Diet.

hi my names lauren, i have been on minimins forever and usually on the ww board, i didnt lose sod all so i joined sw on wednesday evening and had a lovely shock of gaining 13lbs since i last weighed myself 5 weeks ago! moving house has not been good for my waistline! cannot wait until next wednesday!

Hi lovelies! New to the forum, started SW 2weeks ago lost 5.5lbs 1st week, 3.5 lbs 2nd week,made up! Got 7 stone to lose, so long way to go but at long last my motivation seems to have kicked in! Looking forward to getting to know you all along the way, saz xx

Hi Bindi - love the profile picture!

Good luck with the journey.

hi everyone :) im new to this website.. been doing SW for 10 weeks and lost a total of 1st 5lbs and am the lightest ive been in ages! Just thought id find somewhere to chat and see how everyone else has done on SW whilst continuing my weight loss journey woo!!

Back