Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

sarah150 said:
hi everyone :) im new to this website.. been doing SW for 10 weeks and lost a total of 1st 5lbs and am the lightest ive been in ages! Just thought id find somewhere to chat and see how everyone else has done on SW whilst continuing my weight loss journey woo!!

That's an amazing loss in 10 weeks! Well done and welcome :D

HI, new to all this, doing SW, lost 9lbs in 2 weeks

hi my names lauren, i have been on minimins forever and usually on the ww board, i didnt lose sod all so i joined sw on wednesday evening and had a lovely shock of gaining 13lbs since i last weighed myself 5 weeks ago! moving house has not been good for my waistline! cannot wait until next wednesday!

Hi Lauren - R u going to join me on the Wednesday weigh in board???

Sending good thought for Wed!

Hi everybody. I joined sw desparate to loose some podge. I lost 7 lb in my first week, gradually then after. Only 1 more lb to get to target but i'm going to need help to stay there. I figured hanging around with skinny minded people will help, hope you don't mind me joining you :)

Hello everyone! I did SW via a group last year, was amazed and pleased to lose 2.5 stone getting me down to 9.5 - only time in my life I have weighed so little! I maintained for a while but then over about a year crept up to 10 again so going for 9 this time. Have moved house and can't easily get to the group so am doing online this time.

Part of my reason for joining you guys is that I am looking for a 'virtual group' as I do recognise that the group worked - for me anyway!

Any advice on best regular place to go for this kind of support? EG thursday is my weigh day, should I look for a thurs weigh day thread?

Many thanks -

Danny x

Hi all :)

I started SW three weeks ago and it's my third weigh-in tonight. Been around the forum on a couple of other diets but I'm trying SW again! Tried it once before but only managed a week because I was really suspicious of the plan and kept second-guessing everything, so this time I'm trusting it completely and following it properly!

I lost 3.5lb in my first week which I was happy with, then was 2lb up last week which I was definitely not happy with! It was star week though so it must have been water retention.. my clothes feel looser and my tummy feels flatter so I'm really hoping for a nice loss tonight!

It would be great to find a buddy/buddies to encourage each other :)

x

Hi Letty welcome! That must have been annoying to lose so much then have a gain - have you an idea why it happened so that you know how to avoid it? The star week business deffo has an effect. I am weighing tomoro and quite anxious about it...ANYWAY good luck tonight - let us know how you get on!
Danny x

Hi Danny! I reckon it was mainly star week, but I did go over my syns on wine one day :( lost 3lb tonight which is good, BUT I actually have only lost 4.5lb over three weeks, which I am a little disappointed with I have to admit. So I'm going to give red a go this week! I'm convinced I eat too much pasta.. I have it every lunchtime by the bucketload and this cannot be helpful.

Good luck for tomorrow! Report back to us! :) x

2nd weigh in last night and lost 2lbs which I was really chuffed with. Shame I didnt do an extra 0.5 to lose 7lbs in 2 weeks but I will do that next week!

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying!

Hi all I'm Sarah and this is my second week on slimming world lost 2.5lb in my first week hoping for the same next week fingers crossed

Hiya I am Sandy and I have been on here before under Comperoo when I was losing weight with another slimming club but unfortunately I couldn't keep it up so I have decided it is time for a brand new start, I have watched the journey of a friend on slimming world who has lost over 10st to get to goal on slimming world and thought if she can hopefully I can, I use to be 22st and went down to 12st 4 but I am now back up to 16st 11lb :(, I know I can do it and with the help of the group, my wonderful boyfriend, my sister who joined with me, my friend and you lovely people on here I know I will make it to my goal of 10st (which I can't ever remember being in my adult life!!!!).

So here goes the start of the rest of my life

Hi I'm Karen, I have 3 stone post-baby to lose having dropped 5lb on slim fast (but it took 5 weeks and I can't keep it up!). I'm a bit nervous of sw because I'm eating so many calories on the plan (logged on my fitness pal) but I'm going to try and trust it and ignore the calories. Im also on orlistat fat blocker pills, and I'm going to hypnotherapy next week to see if they can stop me obsessing about food! I'm going to the gym 3 times a week as well so I'm throwing everything at this which has the unfortunate side effect that it takes over my brain...

Hello all

I'm new to this site and new to SW. I bought the books off the net and going to try and do it myself. Loving the site for lots of inspiration!

Hi all

Back to SW after yo-yoing up and down for past few years. I need to lose 4st. I would like to lose 5st, but wonder if that is a bit ambitious.

Just thought I would introduce myself on here. Been a member of this site for a while but haven't been on for ages. Was doing Weight Watchers, after a year of not dieting at all I am back on Slimming World as I was 4 years ago.

I have started on EE, which is quite new to me. I am also doing this from home as I can't afford group at the moment.

Anyway, Hello everybody! See you around xxx

Hi, I'm new to Slimming World and this forum.

I put on loads of weight since changing jobs about 8 years ago (and wasn't small then, but was active), have finally decided the time has come to do something about it.

Hi I'm Karen, I have 3 stone post-baby to lose having dropped 5lb on slim fast (but it took 5 weeks and I can't keep it up!). I'm a bit nervous of sw because I'm eating so many calories on the plan (logged on my fitness pal) but I'm going to try and trust it and ignore the calories. Im also on orlistat fat blocker pills, and I'm going to hypnotherapy next week to see if they can stop me obsessing about food! I'm going to the gym 3 times a week as well so I'm throwing everything at this which has the unfortunate side effect that it takes over my brain...

Im interested what you say about eating too many calories, every now and then i'll do a log on foodfocus.co.uk. I can eat three full meals, have all my healthy extras and at least ten syns. The calorific totals rarely creeps above 1800, and usually sits around 1400 or so, which easily allows for the 1000 calorie a day deficit needed to hit 2 lbs a week.

Back