Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi, my name is Sheryl and I rejoined SW last month.

It's taken a few goes to find a class which I really feel part of, but I finally found one which turned out to be the one closest to home. The group is great fun and has a good mix of target members as well as some very inspirational people who have achieved great losses so far. I'd like to around 2st before the end of the year if I can. Thank goodness for mini milks (1.5 syns)

Hi,

Just joined the forum and am going to 'rejoin' SW on Wednesday. Actually, I'm really new to SW - I joined last month and only went to two classes! Couldn't quite get my head around the diet and didn't like going to class on my own. Only lost 1/2lb in my first week, much to the disappointment of the consultant and I later found out, I wasn't following the plan properly. So am going back next week but to a different class, and this time my mum and two of my sisters are going with me, which is brilliant!

Really looking forward to getting started properly and this site has already been a big help with information on the EE plan. Am feeling much more confident now : )

I have around 2stone to lose, I think. Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all.

Hello my name is Kay, I joined SW 2 weeks ago, had my first weigh in last week and lost 6.5lb :D...which i was obvioulsy very pleased with.

Ideally I want to lose 5 stone...but have set myself a little target of 1 stone before I go on Holiday in September, so nearly half way there now!

I am following the EE plan with a couple of Green days thrown in here and there.

Hi - I'm new to slimming world - joined last week and have my first weigh in tomorrow - feel really nervous about it ha! This first week has been great though - doesn't feel like I have been on a 'diet' at all - it really does feel like a shift towards a healthy life style. Bit worried about the amount of carbs I have been eating - tried to lose weight by cutting out carbs before sw - it didn't work and I was sooooo bored with the same old meals. Have eaten jacket potatoes, spaghetti, rice, all bran plus loads of fruit and veg (including grapes and melon which i was previously led to believe are too high in sugar to lose weight) cant believe it's all 'free' (am doing extra easy)- if I'm honest slimming world seems abit too good to be true but I shall see at the meeting tomorrow night! This is a great forum by the way, loads of helpful advice So thank you To everyone on here :) maggie xx

Hi All
Im a sw newbie and to these boards, got 4 stone to lose but 2 to lose asap as have fertility issues and advised by doctor so that i can start treatment, so heres to my sw journey and on the road to be a mummy some day :)

been lurking for a while and must say the advice and support given by people on here great x

Hi everyone, I'm new to SW and this forum but loving both up to now! I'm hoping to lose 2 and a half stone by Christmas.

Hi - I'm new to slimming world - joined last week and have my first weigh in tomorrow - feel really nervous about it ha! This first week has been great though - doesn't feel like I have been on a 'diet' at all - it really does feel like a shift towards a healthy life style. Bit worried about the amount of carbs I have been eating - tried to lose weight by cutting out carbs before sw - it didn't work and I was sooooo bored with the same old meals. Have eaten jacket potatoes, spaghetti, rice, all bran plus loads of fruit and veg (including grapes and melon which i was previously led to believe are too high in sugar to lose weight) cant believe it's all 'free' (am doing extra easy)- if I'm honest slimming world seems abit too good to be true but I shall see at the meeting tomorrow night! This is a great forum by the way, loads of helpful advice So thank you To everyone on here :) maggie xx

I feel exactly the same! I'm new to SW and this forum. I've got my first weigh in tomorrow but feel really nervous as I've been spoilt for choice all week and hardly feel like I've been on a diet! This forum has helped a lot and the recipes on here look so yummy! :D Fingers crossed for our weigh in tomorrow.

Hullo!

I'm Anna- Just started SW for the first time. Used to do WW and after only being halfway through today I love that Im eating big portions, feeling fuller for longer already and it's so yummy! Plus very little weighing, measuring etc!

I'm doing it online as I work shifts- so hoping to keep it up! Wish me luck!

Hi! Can I please leave this here- important info about sub forums for everyone.

Before you start a new thread PLEASE make sure you're in the right section. The main forum section is for general SW only related threads.

If you have a Syn query of any type... Syn value, whats free, whats not post it in the Syn sub forum

Syn Values - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

If you have a recipe you're looking for or have a recipe to share then post in the Recipe Section

Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

If you're looking for any kind of Eating out tips or help theres the Eating out section

Slimming World - Eating Out - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

And for all things non SW related - The Off topic section

Slimming World Off Topic - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Any queries/questions etc about Healthy Extras

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-healthy-extras/

PLEASE use the subforums, there are so many threads that need moving every day. The subforums were created at the request of people who use the SW section because the forum is so busy it was becoming hard to keep up. IF your query ISNT answered then bump your thread up, please don't start identical threads in other sections just to get it seen.

And why not have a look to see if your question has been answered already, many syn value/ healthy extras have already been discussed- have a search first to save duplicate threads being started.

Thanks everyone :)

Good evening my beauties!!!

The Badger has arrived to enrich your lives with randomness! Lol ;)

Been lurky for a while, fabulous site!!

Just got back from my first weigh in - lost 1.5lbs!! Can't believe it! SW works!! Very pleased!
I :heartpump: Slimming world!

Feel A bit like a noob again. I previously joined but after quitting sw I stopped coming on. However I've now put 2 of the 3 stones I lost back on and have rejoined so I'm back and determined to make better use of the boards this time.

Hi all, new to the site and doing SW from home. Have 5stone at least to lose, looking forward to doing that.

Hi Im ready to start again lost 4 stone 10yrs ago on sw
so back now to lose 4 stone again x

Hi!
Second time on SW lost 3 stone over 3-4 months and kept it off for about a year... Put on a stone recently and looking to lose another 3 stone this year! Just started on Monday! Doing it online this time as I work late and find it hard to get to meetings. Never used a forum for weightloss. I need to lose more than my target overall but find it easier to set baby steps. Trying to lose 2 stone by end of first 3 month subscription. Wish me luck!!!

Hello all,
I started slimming world a couple of months ago. Tried various other diets before but never lasted. I am determined to stick to slimming world although I am not having a good week! Up to now I have been enjoying it and found it quite easy to stick to. I quickly get fed up of counting calories or points and like the superfree/free food approach.

Maggie1892 said:

Maggie u didn't update us! :) I'm new to slimming world too but only lost 2 lb in first week but at least it's lost not gained lol. I guess you need to get into the diet, but I'm just loving the fact I can eat pasta and potato and lose weight! :) lol my ideal diet I say! :)

tashsams said:
Maggie u didn't update us! :) I'm new to slimming world too but only lost 2 lb in first week but at least it's lost not gained lol. I guess you need to get into the diet, but I'm just loving the fact I can eat pasta and potato and lose weight! :) lol my ideal diet I say! :)

Correction- you did lol. Well done on your loss! :) I'm aiming for a big one on second weigh in next Wednesday! :) (dances around living room with baby) xx

Hey all!

Completely new to these boards! Restarted SW for the third (and hopfully the final) time last Tuesday.

Hoping that you lot will give me the kick up the backside I need...got a wedding dress to get into! xx

Hi all.. After getting married and letting myself go, I gained 2 1/2 stone in the 3 years I was with my husband.. I've now been separated since January and feel disgusted that I've let myself get this big! :( I can't afford to join a group or even do it online so my ex sister-in-law has been helping me, but I feel bad about asking her questions all the time..
I'm following the Extra Easy plan, so could you let me know if I'm doing it right so far..
I've been having 2 healthy extra's a day (1 x a and 1 x b).
I've been counting all the following things as free: all fruit, all veg, eggs, pasta, rice, prawns, fish, crab sticks, all lean meat & poultry, lean mince, marmite, weight watchers yogurt, baked beans, spaghetti..
And I've been allowing myself between 5 & 15 syns a day..
I have been following it since Friday and my first weigh in is tomorrow.. I'm hoping I've been doing it right because when I've done SW before there was only ever red or green days, so the thought of being able to eat as many 'green' foods on the same day as as many 'red' foods seems abit alien to me! Unless I've got it wrong somewhere along the line??
Any help or advice would be much appreciated :D

Back