Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi all just joined this site with the hope if it helping to motivate me to lose this weight! im moving into a rural area with no SW group so having to do it alone at home. If anyone has any tips to share on how to stay motivated Id be most greatful. Thanks Laura xx

Hi Christine, Im doing it all alone at home too. I did join a group but could afford to keep going and as im moving next week to a rural area with no SW group Ive no choice but to do it at home.

From what youve written it sounds to me like ur doing it right. Do you have any SW book or the starter pack? I have 2 as Ive joined twice. Im happy to send you one if ud like one
xxxx

Christine75 said:
Hi all.. After getting married and letting myself go, I gained 2 1/2 stone in the 3 years I was with my husband.. I've now been separated since January and feel disgusted that I've let myself get this big! :( I can't afford to join a group or even do it online so my ex sister-in-law has been helping me, but I feel bad about asking her questions all the time..
I'm following the Extra Easy plan, so could you let me know if I'm doing it right so far..
I've been having 2 healthy extra's a day (1 x a and 1 x b).
I've been counting all the following things as free: all fruit, all veg, eggs, pasta, rice, prawns, fish, crab sticks, all lean meat & poultry, lean mince, marmite, weight watchers yogurt, baked beans, spaghetti..
And I've been allowing myself between 5 & 15 syns a day..
I have been following it since Friday and my first weigh in is tomorrow.. I'm hoping I've been doing it right because when I've done SW before there was only ever red or green days, so the thought of being able to eat as many 'green' foods on the same day as as many 'red' foods seems abit alien to me! Unless I've got it wrong somewhere along the line??
Any help or advice would be much appreciated :D

With extra easy you just need to make sure that a third of every meal is super free foods and it will work Hun, everything you class as free sounds ok, and super free is all fruit and most veg but not beans, peas, sweetcorm or parsnips I believe. They're free but not super free xx

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself!

I've recently joined SW, I did do it a couple of years ago, but my children were both under 2 at the time and I just was so exhausted I wasn't int he right mindset- since then I've gained another 3 stones and have gone from having a bit of baby weight to having several stone to lose! My youngest is 3 in 2 months so it's def time the excuses stopped!

I won't get much chance to post here as I'm fairly flat out with my work and kids, but hope I can come on here and ask for tips/support etc, I enjoy reading the weightloss diaries and recipes etc and have done for some time before joining

Hey all!

Completely new to these boards! Restarted SW for the third (and hopfully the final) time last Tuesday.

Hoping that you lot will give me the kick up the backside I need...got a wedding dress to get into! xx

Hi, welcome! When's your wedding? I love weddings... I had to lose some to fit into my dress in 2010 (I bought it 'off the rail') but I wasn't doing SW back then, just altered my diet to be more healthy. Now I have some to lose again, I chose SW as it's still healthy eating but it's more structured than going it alone.

newbie here x

Hiya I'm sat skiving in the office googling slimming world trying to avoid ordering a Chinese my own fault for bringing my purse next week it will be in the house !! Anyway just found minimims so not all bad, I'm Karen 41 from Wales have lost 7 stone and half a pound so far with another 9 to go so a long long road for me, hope to have a nose around here for some extra inspiration x x

Hiya I'm sat skiving in the office googling slimming world trying to avoid ordering a Chinese my own fault for bringing my purse next week it will be in the house !! Anyway just found minimims so not all bad, I'm Karen 41 from Wales have lost 7 stone and half a pound so far with another 9 to go so a long long road for me, hope to have a nose around here for some extra inspiration x x

Seven stone? Well done. You may indeed be travelling along a long road, but you are almost half way to the end of your journey. Keep with it, if you feel like a blowout, make it a mini blowout, and get right back on the wagon straight away.

Hi all
not new to minis as you can see and not new to sw either
I did the plan about 7 years ago with great success
it has changed a lot since then
due to many health issues I put on the weight I lost (but not more than thank goodness)
so come wednesday I am back to class
I have tried sw a few times with my old books but the heart was not in it
I think that class is the way to go for me and a friend too S and I will be joining together on a Wednesday morning class
being a vegetarian I know how good green days are for me
I will start a food diary/blog sometime tomorrow as that is when I will be phoning the consultant to get information about joining that particular class

any tips more than welcome when I start my diary/blog

Hi Christine, Im doing it all alone at home too. I did join a group but could afford to keep going and as im moving next week to a rural area with no SW group Ive no choice but to do it at home.

From what youve written it sounds to me like ur doing it right. Do you have any SW book or the starter pack? I have 2 as Ive joined twice. Im happy to send you one if ud like one
xxxx

Hi Laura,
No, I don't have any of the books or starter pack :( I'd be very grateful if you could send me one :D Thank you so much xxx

Hi All
I was on SW previously did really well, but somehow slipped off the wagon, but nearly all my weight back on. I got married three weeks ago, and I must admit the wedding photos - well all I can see is a fat bride who was really happy on that day. Im currently at 17stone 3, and looking to get down to the 15's as my first goal.

So Im starting my journey again, back to my class on Thursday night at 5.30pm. Im clearing the cupboards of all those naughty things I really want i.e. crisps, hubby can have the chocolate. And Ive started cooking, so far in the freezer there is cauliflower soup, quorn chilli, mince bolognaise, pork and pepper curry, and vast quantities of mushy pea curry (I love that stuff mmm). Just about to go on-line to the tesco website to start my grocery shopping for delivery on Thursday night so I have all I need for the first week apart from that all important ingrediant ......scan bran.

Its lovely to read all the inspiring posts and stories here. So Im looking forward to my weigh in on Thursday as I really need to kick my fat backside into action. I will let you all know what the class scales say on Thursday (Im sure I will be peeking at them through my fingers which will be covering my eyes)

Sal x

Hi - hope everyone is doing ok on their slimming world journey! Have my second weigh in tonight - fingers crossed for a loss! It's also a taster night so made the chocolate truffles to take - have had 3 already - hope 7 pm comes round quickly or I may have eaten all 43 of them by then mmmmm! Good luck everyone with this weeks weigh ins Xx

Joined slimming world last week so I thought I'd say hello . First weigh in last week, not good at all . I followed the plan 100% and wrote down everything but actually put on 2lbs!!!! Was so ashamed of myself, I left immediately after the weigh in. I have had an intolerance to wheat in the past and think the weight gain might have been down to me eating shreddies for breakfast every day. This week ive stuck to it really well and started doing Zumba and the gym, and stuck to a completely wheat free diet but I'm really worried I'll put on again. Am also on such a lot of medication which cause my metabolism to be virtually non existent . Any tips grateful received. Thanks

Joined slimming world last week so I thought I'd say hello . First weigh in last week, not good at all . I followed the plan 100% and wrote down everything but actually put on 2lbs!!!! Was so ashamed of myself, I left immediately after the weigh in. I have had an intolerance to wheat in the past and think the weight gain might have been down to me eating shreddies for breakfast every day. This week ive stuck to it really well and started doing Zumba and the gym, and stuck to a completely wheat free diet but I'm really worried I'll put on again. Am also on such a lot of medication which cause my metabolism to be virtually non existent . Any tips grateful received. Thanks

If you switched from one diet to this one that can often explain a gain. Especially something like Atkins, or even if you were just yourself trying to eat as little as possible.

Hello everyone:wavey: Another newbie here! I have just signed up to SW online as there are no classes near me. I have done WW in the past but since having my little boy juggling work and being a mummy I just couldn't be as diligent as I used to be with points etc. I have gained at least 2 1/2 stone and am really hoping that I can get focussed and start to shift this weight. I have read so many success stories with the SW plan and two friends have also inspired me. I think this site is fab and will be a great support system since I won't have the group meetings.
Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Ciansmummy

Hi i joined sw in january and joined here a while ago but have only been reading and getting a lot of tips and ideas :) but thought it was time i finally said hello and maybe a few of my own tips and ideas hopefully. I joined when it finally dawned on me that i will be 40 next year and i had to get a grip now :D hence my name x

Hi All, I am doing SW. I joined in June for the third and last time. It seems to be third time lucky for me because the first time I joined I was a member for 4 months and only lost about 10lbs. The second time my heart was not in it, but this time I am kicking the weight off. Everytime I google anything to do with SW it brings me back here so I thought I would join you guys.

Hi, im new here too, but not to slimming world. Ive currently lot 9lbs but have had a really poor week because i just wanted to eat other things. Weigh in on monday morning to assess the damage and move on.

Hi there everyone!

Joined SW just last Monday and will be going for my first proper weigh in this afternoon.
I've been struggling with my weight for a fair few years now and I've decided its time to take some action!

Have loved my first week of Slimming World and have cooked some gorgeous food (and eaten more fruit than a hungry gorilla)
wish me luck! Looking forward to chatting with you all in the future!!

Oh and also good luck to everyone else on the forum, nice to be in a place where people understand what you are going through for a change!!!

Hi there everyone!

Joined SW just last Monday and will be going for my first proper weigh in this afternoon.
I've been struggling with my weight for a fair few years now and I've decided its time to take some action!

Have loved my first week of Slimming World and have cooked some gorgeous food (and eaten more fruit than a hungry gorilla)
wish me luck! Looking forward to chatting with you all in the future!!

Oh and also good luck to everyone else on the forum, nice to be in a place where people understand what you are going through for a change!!!

Good luck! SW can change your life. It has changed mine, and in a short space of time :)

Let us know how you get on.

Hello I have joined this site today . I'm going along to my first SW class tomorrow morning to get all the latest books as mine are from 2005 (I daresay the plan has changed a bit since then) :)

Back