Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi Everyone, I have just joined slimming world and am following the extra easy plan and so far so good. I'm really enjoying cooking from scratch & seeing my food come to life so to speak. The main reason i've joined slimming world is because i'm getting married next june and i want to feel super confident when all eyes are on myself & hubby to be also i want to feel more comfortable with myself. I have already made the colourful quiche which was great to eat while i've been on nights the past couple of nights (shiftworker-nurse) my first weigh in is next tuesday following another two nights so really need to make sure i plan what i'm going to take into work. Good luck to all the other newbies. x

Hello everyone, I joined SW yesterday. I have done SW before from home but this time I decided to join a group because I struggle to do it alone, I'm doing EE. I have a fair whack to lose so I will be in here for a loooong time lol Good luck to everyone :) xx

Hello everyone, I joined SW yesterday. I have done SW before from home but this time I decided to join a group because I struggle to do it alone, I'm doing EE. I have a fair whack to lose so I will be in here for a loooong time lol Good luck to everyone :) xx

I recommend going to group. It's much easier to lose weight that way. There is so much support there from the consultant and other slimmers.

Good luck.

soapy x

“The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.”

I've been here since the first week in march, and lost over 5 1/2 stone, i started out at a similar bmi to you. If you are good, it will fall off you *so* quickly you'll pinch yourself and wonder why you never started ages ago :)

hi all, im new here i joined sw last week after giving birth to my beautiful babygirl 5weeks ago, im looking to losing about 2stone so i thought id come on here for some support and ideas.

kay xx

Hi All

I originally joined Sw a year ago and failed miserably so I have now decided to give it another go any help or support would be extremely appreciated as I cant go on another holiday and come home with fat photos xxxx

hi all, im new here i joined sw last week after giving birth to my beautiful babygirl 5weeks ago, im looking to losing about 2stone so i thought id come on here for some support and ideas.

kay xx

Welcome Kay. You'll get plenty of support here. And it's worth checking some of the other threads, and fun.

Good luck.

soapy x

Hi All

I originally joined Sw a year ago and failed miserably so I have now decided to give it another go any help or support would be extremely appreciated as I cant go on another holiday and come home with fat photos xxxx

Why don't you make that phrase your mantra? "I'm gonna do it this time". Sounds good to me.

Good luck.

soapy x

Hi Everyone, Joined slimming world 3 weeks ago looking to lose at least for 4 stone and have just received my first stone award. i've lost 16lbs already and i'm loving the extra easy diet.
So hi again and heres to one and all losing the lbs :D

Hil all, joined 14 or so weeks ago, 100lb target (felt poetic), lost 29.5lb so far...

Wishing everyone a happy, safe and prosperous journey

Wow, very behind you!!! 78.5lbs in 23 weeks!!! Does the body magic help alot you think? Been thinking of starting the 30 day shred dvd and then gym/run and go back to playing rugby soon. Would also like to try new hobbies. Any good suggestions?

Hello everyone, I started slimming world at the end of March and I go to a group every Thursday. I have recently discovered this website and think it's brilliant so decided to register :)

I have lost 16 pounds so far (slow loser) and hope to lose another stone and half and see how I feel at that weight. I am currently 11 stone 12. I love Slimming World as I can have all of my usual foods with a little bit of adapting x

Hey everyone - I just joined Slimming World online because of my shift pattern, I didn't think I could get to the local group. I have to say I have NO CLUE what I am doing. There's no support online on the slimming world website which is how I found this wonderful site by googling for help with SW.

I'm a veggie and I've tried adding my food into my food diary for today and it's worked out I've eaten 68 sins and none of the free stuff or healthy options. I'm thinking I'm going to struggle working things out without portion sizes and calories and the like. I have a 7 day cooling off period - do you all think I am probably better off just throwing in the towel and returning to a normal calorie controlled diet?

Wow, very behind you!!! 78.5lbs in 23 weeks!!! Does the body magic help alot you think? Been thinking of starting the 30 day shred dvd and then gym/run and go back to playing rugby soon. Would also like to try new hobbies. Any good suggestions?

I think it helps to make the life changes that will be necessary to avoid a yo yo. There are fat people who are fit (though not many), an there are thin people who seriously unhealthy and lacking in any kind of fitness. I was both fat and unfit.

I see the body magic not to lose weight (though it helps, i estimate probably about between half a pound and a pound a week) but to help me see the benefits of the weight loss.

At the same time as starting SW I embarked on the NHS sponsored running programme Couch to 5k. It takes almost anyone with no running experience or ability and gets them to run 5k or 30 mins straight in nine weeks.

I started week 1 (its a series of podcasts that you listen to on your iphone/ipod/mp3 player), I weighed 304 lbs. I can remember my gigantic belly bouncing up and down in the mirror at my community centre gym. It felt so hard, but doable. It starts with you running (running can be a very slow shuffle, as it was for me) for a minute at a time and then walking for ninety seconds, repeat it three times over the week and move onto week 2.

It is staggering how your level of fitness improves only over a few weeks. It is actually empowering..

Thanks,

Used to be fairly fit cos I played competitive rugby (was about 14st.) at the time so probably fitted into the fat and fit catergory. Started putting on weight (hitting 17st) and found the rugby too challanging, I was literally dragging myself around the pitch and wasn't enjoying it any more. I will try the couch to 5k as I really would like to play competative sport again one day (maybe something a bit more sedate now tho!)

Thanks for your help

Hey everyone - I just joined Slimming World online because of my shift pattern, I didn't think I could get to the local group. I have to say I have NO CLUE what I am doing. There's no support online on the slimming world website which is how I found this wonderful site by googling for help with SW.

I'm a veggie and I've tried adding my food into my food diary for today and it's worked out I've eaten 68 sins and none of the free stuff or healthy options. I'm thinking I'm going to struggle working things out without portion sizes and calories and the like. I have a 7 day cooling off period - do you all think I am probably better off just throwing in the towel and returning to a normal calorie controlled diet?

Hi

Dont give up, I have tried ww and successfully lost 3 stone but the weight started to creep on again, only 7lbs but I couldn't get rid of it. I think I was bored with ww so was talked into sw by a friend. This diet is fab u can eat so much. I am doing this at home and the only support I have is from this site. There is so much info on here and everyone is so helpful, stick with it and post questions on here, you will get there. Also get the magazine from the supermarket, it is only £2.75 and well worth it.

Let me know how you get on!

wizzy

:p

I'm veggie and managing, any questions just ask :)

Hiya... Am new here tonight ...

My name is Jemma ... I started slimming world 5 weeks ago last night and had my 4th weigh in last night .. And am soooo very pleased I have lost in total 11lb in 4weeks ..!!!!!! Here is to a long road ahead

Back