Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Halflinghannah said:
Hey I'm. New to all this started just over 2 weeks ago n im just starting to get to grips with it! Will be making some soups for myself n start cooking properly when pay day arrives! But just done the basics during the day n cutting the crap stuff out and started get running (app on iPhone) iv lost 2 pounds this week! Hopefully I can keep it of over the weekend :) iv started at 10 stone 6.6 so down to 10stone 4.6! Hoping to get to 9stone roughly :) just be nice to be a comfy size 10 again. any aduve on places to get recipes? I'm doing it all from home too! Sorry if I rambled lol x

Well done on your loss this week! There is a recipe forum on here with loads of fab ideas, get stuck in and I bet you'll find some lovely things to cook there x

Hi everyone! Starting again on slimming world after giving birth 11 weeks ago. 12stone13 and got 3 stone to lose. Been doing extra easy since tues- hope the scales are kind on Tuesday! Good luck everyone :)

Hello I usually just lurk but thought I would say hello.Have been following dukan but after losing 30lbs I've decided I need a more balanced approach.
I just can't do without my fruit any longer also I've been suffering terribly from cramps which may be due to the very low salt intake..
Previously done slimming world and was very successful only putting weight back on after losing both parents within a short period of time.
Anyway onwards and downwards.

Just a quick hello - I have been looking at all the threads for a while now but just decided to sign up as really need to lose about 3 stone and feel really frumpy in all my clothes. Soooo a big Helloooooo to everyone on here x

Hiya All

I'm Paulette, I just joined SW last tuesday after saying I was going too for months. I have 8st to loose all together and I hope to have lost at least half of that by next summer. So far I'm finding it a bit daunting to be honest, I think I'm following it right (im on EE) but I just seem to be eating loads and loads and I'm worried im working it all out wrong and I will have gained rather than lost on Tuesday. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey.

Hiya All

I'm Paulette, I just joined SW last tuesday after saying I was going too for months. I have 8st to loose all together and I hope to have lost at least half of that by next summer. So far I'm finding it a bit daunting to be honest, I think I'm following it right (im on EE) but I just seem to be eating loads and loads and I'm worried im working it all out wrong and I will have gained rather than lost on Tuesday. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey.

What you'll be eating loads of, though will be virtually fat free...

Hi everyone! I joined SW 5 weeks ago and have so far lost 1st 5.5lbs! This website has been SO helpful I had to join and say thank you to everyone for their amazing recipes and solutions....I think this is gonna be The best diet ever!

Hello All,

First week back at a Slimming World and the returning the diet club weekly weigh ins.
First week not going too great as had chinese takeaway on Saturday night (only saving grace was boiled rice).

Fingers crossed it will not tell too much on the weekly scales.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey and hopefully will get to chat to you all.

Ta
A

best of luck Aoife - i've done Slimming World before and its a great program for weight loss - I'm trying to do round two! fingers crossed for you x

Hey Guys :)
Have just joined because I could really do with the moral support :) My name is hannah and I am aiming to be comfortable in my own body, don't really have a set goal in mind, but roughly :p Anyway, would love to hear any tips you guys have got, lost around 6lbs in my first week and would love to keep it up :)

Hi Hannah!

I find that having at least one set goal seems to keep my willpower at its highest possible point! Not saying it works for everyone but it certainly seems to be happening for me at the moment! Good luck with your slimming journey, and congrats on your first loss!

Hi all, im joining SW tomorrow but am doing the weekly shop today, would just like abit of advice on stable foods to buy to last a few days?? i love jacket tatties and veg but not sure what to do for Brekky or lunch?? any help would be really great....xx ( loads of weight to lose and have the marathon next April for a challenge!!!

Hi all, im joining SW tomorrow but am doing the weekly shop today, would just like abit of advice on stable foods to buy to last a few days?? i love jacket tatties and veg but not sure what to do for Brekky or lunch?? any help would be really great....xx ( loads of weight to lose and have the marathon next April for a challenge!!!

Skimmed milk, all bran (or generic version) as it allows you a meatier 42g as healthy extra, and a banana and pear for every day of the week to put in the breakfast with the cereal.. That's breakfast sorted...

Thanks Gatzer, wow what an impressive weight loss, was that all with SW??? you must be so chuffed !!

My tip is as much fat free products as you can. I started off using low fat but soon found the fat free versions were just as good. No syns in all fat free products.

Good luck

Hello.I am a newbie and went to group last night. I have tried SW before twice – once in April 2010 6 months after my daughter was born and once in March of this year (in between time I tried WW PP, stuck to it religiously but it really didn’t work for me). My heart really wasn’t in it the first time as I still wasn’t getting more than about 4 hours sleep a night due to my daughter. No excuse but I was so tired I just couldn’t get my head around everything. The second time I went the consultant had changed and I really didn’t click with the new one – a shame as the group is held opposite my house! I had no motivation and she just seemed like she couldn’t care less so I stopped going after a couple of weeks. Last night I finally plucked up the courage to go to a new group and found the most inspirational, lovely consultant there and wonderful, warm funny group. I used to think your consultant wasn’t important as the motivation should come from within, but I’ve never felt this numb about my weight before – it’s almost like I’ve given up on myself – and to have someone so lovely there cheering me on I think (hope) is going to make all the difference. I’m a stone heavier than I was that first time I set foot inside a SW group and I pray the heaviest I will ever be. I’m almost scared that when the scales pinged up at 16st 2lb I just felt numb. No horror, no disgust, nothing. I just feel a creeping, steely determination that this will be it. For the first time I am feeling the effects of my weight health wise at a time when I should be at my fittest (31 yrs old). I don’t know how I have let myself get this size but I CANNOT remain here. I will be writing, measuring and synning everything single thing that passes my lips. I want to enjoy my 30s, not hide from them like I have been. Thank you for reading if you got this far :)

Hi guys,
Well after years of unsuccessful yo-yo dieting, I have bitten the bullet and am going to start SW tonight. I reckon I've got between 5-6 stones to lose so will be here a LONG time. Well done to all of you who are sticking with it and achieved your goals/amazing weigh losses.
Will post later with my weight update! :-(

Back