Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi everyone,
I tried going to group but didnt last very long! I lost 7lbs in the first 2 wks then felt I had put some weight on so didnt go back! such a coward. I hate myself for failing at this yet again :( This is it though, I really have to do this and finally lose this weight, im at my all time high (without being pregnant!) I feel exactly the same as you Marshflower, all the way through my 20's dieting and thinking i'll be lovely and slim for my 30's, but here I am just about to turn 33 and at by biggest!
So...time to stop my excuses and crack on with it, watch this space :) good luck everyone

Hi a d welcome. Hope you can keep going at it this time around. Don't be embarrassed by bad weeks when you may slip and put on a bit. Everyone does. You just have to pick yourself up and look at where it went wrong. Keep your food diary and if you do have a bad week, refer back to it and do what you did when you lost weight.
Just stick with it, there is plenty of support at group or on here. Good luck and enjoy.

To all the recent newbies on this thread.

Hi to all you recent newbies. A big welcome from me. :wavey:I agree that it is important to have a good consultant who shows she really wants you to lose weight. Mine is brilliant and she works her socks off to keep everyone's motivations high.
Believe in yourselves and look forward to being lighter and healthier in the future. You can do it. :grouphugg:

Best of luck. :)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop by and say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Spots (well, clearly not, but you know...), I live in the Midlands and I am a fatty bum bum. Haha. Actually, I'm not as much of a fatty as I have been thanks to 6 months on Lighter Life back in 2009/2010, but still pretty chunky.

Over the past 2.5 years I have annoyingly put on a couple of stone and I am here to get them (and hopefully a bit more) off.

I joined up to SW when I finished LL, lasted a couple of weeks and then chucked in the towel (cos I'm a looooohooohooohooooser) - so here I am, dusting of the books and getting my head into the game once and for all.

Friends that I know that have succeeded in losing weight have nearly always done so the SW way, so there must be something in it!!

Looking forward to getting to know you lovely people. I am no stranger to Minimins - originally on here as Annaphylactic during my LL days, then got this new account afterwards as I wanted to distance myself from the name Annaphylactic for personal reasons (long boring story)... so here I am again!

Hello one and all and let's shift some weight! Yeee hawww!

Spots xx

Hi spots I too am just starting sw after chucking in the towel a while back. In my situation I'm unable to make it to groups so just trying to tackle it on my own. Just found the forum today so hoping it will give me the motivation I need!!
nice to meet everyone and here so many positive stories!x

Hey. My name's Annie...i'm 21 years old and am...more than a little chunky. Let's face it, i'm pretty overweight. Was in denial about how large i was until i went to my first SW weigh in 2 weeks ago...stepped on those scales for them to tell me i was 14 st 9 1/2 lbs. My heart broke, I swear! I spent the rest of that meeting crying. I was utterly disgusted at myself - i'm 5 ft 2 " so I really should not be that big.

Now 2 weeks on, I lost 5.5lbs in the fiirst week (I was so chuffed)...then went for weigh in yesterday - nothing. Nada. Zilch. I maintained at 14 st 4lbs in my star week, but I was still completely crushed. This has caused a massive dent in my confidence, but at the same time im trying to stuff myself with superfree foods to boost next weeks weight loss...im worried ill be stuck at 14st4lbs for the rest of my life...:(

The second weigh-in can be a weird one. It is not unusual for people to make a gain following the big loss of the first week. It doesnt mean they did anything wrong. Keep at it, you are doing the right thing!

Keep up the good work Annie that was a great first week so take some encouragement from that. I'm braving the scales for the first time tonight but I'm around your height and weight so if you want to work to spur each other then I'm more than happy to do so! :)

Thank you for your support guys, it really is good. I'm doing slimming world with my friend whos done it 3 times before. she only has a stone or two to lose at the most...wheras i have quite a few more than that. She lost 2lbs both weeks, i find it hard to not feel like we're competing.

Thanks gazter, i'm back on it more motivated than ever for next wednesdays weigh in!!

And Hai1z, good luck! If i can do it (a self confessed comfort eater and binger), so can you :) good luck!!

Hello, just thought I'd drop in to introduce myself. I joined SW two weeks ago and have only really got to grips with it this week. I want to lose 30lb which has gradually crept on over the last eight years since I quit the fags. I have a question that someone may be able to answer for me, can I make natural yogurt with a yogurt maker using skimmed milk powder and have it as a free food, cos when I read the ngredients on the fat free yogurt carton, it just said made with skimmed milk? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.
Fairybelly :)

Hi I'm not a newbie any more (I've been on plan 15 weeks) but though I'd drop in and say hi.

I started at 16st11.5lb. My general diet wasn't horrific, but I was a terrible secret binge eater. At least once a week I would binge - and I'm talking a whole pizza, a bowl of macaroni cheese, an entire bag (!) of chicken nuggets, dips, chocolate, crisps - until I felt sick to my stomach. I was completely out of control, and sick of the roller coaster of emotions and guilt that went with it. I'd been around 16st since I was 21 (I'm 28 next week).

I'd dabbled with SW before but never stuck to it, but one day I woke and and thought s*d this, I'm not doing this any longer I need to get a grip. So I got a 2012 pack, and started following SW from home.

Week 1 I lost 1.5lb. Week 2 I stayed the same. But I stuck with it. Every day I wrote down what I ate, counted my hex's and syns, and also wrote about how I felt about what I ate. For the first time ever I was honest with myself.

15 weeks on where am I at?

- I have not had a binge in 15 weeks.

- I have lost 18lb so far (and thats including a week away all inclusive, and a weekend away at a wedding).

-I have dropped a jean size.

-I feel a million times better in myself. The guilt and the secrecy has gone.

-I'm getting complements from work colleagues about how well I look and how much weight I've lost.

It's not always been easy, but all you can do is put one foot in front of the other and keep going. There will be days you go over syns, days you want to quit, days you STS or gain. But keep going. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll get there. I still have 77.5lb to go but I'll get there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That post was exactly what i wanted to hear (or read). Only in week 2 and i feel de-motivated as i stayed the same at only my second weigh in. That message just gave me a bit of motivation to keep going...thank you again, and well done - i bet you look fab!x

That's why I posted it - I wish someone had told me that on week two so I spent less time stressing and less time doubting myself and the Plan! :)

I've carried on as best as i can. I did save my syns yesterday in case it was bad news, so treated myself to a few lean sausages, fry light chips and salad for dinner after weigh in. i am enjoying eating more fruit and veg mostly. i know the benefits of this plan will outweigh the odd week where i gain and/or STS. I was told the fact it was star week would have contributed to the fact i stayed the same rather than lost, so im not letting it upset me anymore - new week, another week to get it 100% right :) Thank you again for your support :) and well done!x

Hi, newbie here, started today and hoping I will be successful. I don't have a set final target right now, I want to take it as it comes, slowly and steadily lose the weight! I've been lurking on this forum a while, and it's given me great help so far!

Hi Ciara and Red Lady. I joined SW in March and have been losing weight very slowly. And I recommend dong it that way. Slowly. I was a size 18 at the start and am now a size 14. Even wearing skinny jeans, something I've never been able to do before. Got my 1.5 stone award last week. So don't ever be discouraged if you maintain or gain a a little from time to time because it will level out in following weeks. As long as you follow the plan you will succeed. Honestly.

Good luck. x

Hello all, meant to do this yesterday but forgot:eek: apologies for craptyping, am on OH's newlaptop and the spacebar is rubbish

I'm restarting SW after 5yrs away,I can't actually recall why I stopped asI was doing ok but anyway here I am at 17st 6lbs :( I am 5ft 7 and busty, once lost 3 stone (not sw paleo style diet) and didn't lose a bloomin inch from my bust! I reckon according to the medical profession I shouldbe about 10 stone but if I get to 12 I will be overjoyed! I have a wide frame (think shoulders like Britney!) and would look like a lollipophead at 10st (not thatI have ever been there sinceI was a kid!).

Anyway it's day 4here, doing ok I think, have started my online food diary here and been reading through the forum for hints and tips, myjeans feel looser already :D first WIison Wednesday

Comeand sayhello tome if you see me around and about :D

Hello all, meant to do this yesterday but forgot:eek: apologies for craptyping, am on OH's newlaptop and the spacebar is rubbish

I'm restarting SW after 5yrs away,I can't actually recall why I stopped asI was doing ok but anyway here I am at 17st 6lbs :( I am 5ft 7 and busty, once lost 3 stone (not sw paleo style diet) and didn't lose a bloomin inch from my bust! I reckon according to the medical profession I shouldbe about 10 stone but if I get to 12 I will be overjoyed! I have a wide frame (think shoulders like Britney!) and would look like a lollipophead at 10st (not thatI have ever been there sinceI was a kid!).

Anyway it's day 4here, doing ok I think, have started my online food diary here and been reading through the forum for hints and tips, myjeans feel looser already :D first WIison Wednesday

Comeand sayhello tome if you see me around and about :D

Hello foof. :welcome:Welcome and loads of luck with your new eating plan. I've never felt so healthy as I do now on Slimming World. I recommend staying at the meetings after your weigh-in. I've picked up some useful tips that way, and enjoy chatting to other members. In fact, it's become a bit of a social evening for me now.
Keep us all posted on your successes and don't be discouraged if you have any small gains or maintain along the way. It's perfectly normal. We all experience that from time to time.

:wavey:

Hi guys ive just started tuesday and found it easy to get into as id done it before. My first weigh shocked me 14st exactly never in my life been that heavy unless pregnant. With four boys im hoping theyll keep me busy enough to lose some weight and feeling good about my weigh in on tuesday. Im doing it from home so hoping you all can keep me o track. Fingers crossed x

Hi guys ive just started tuesday and found it easy to get into as id done it before. My first weigh shocked me 14st exactly never in my life been that heavy unless pregnant. With four boys im hoping theyll keep me busy enough to lose some weight and feeling good about my weigh in on tuesday. Im doing it from home so hoping you all can keep me o track. Fingers crossed x

Hi jacmac. You've got the same amount to lose as I had. And I was shocked that first night when I weighed in at 12st. But the good news is that I'm doing well with the eating plan so you will too.

All the best.

Hello all,

I just joined tonight, I have about 7 stone to lose but have set a mini goal of 4 stone for my hols next year, I'm looking forward to making some of the recipes in the books I bought at the meeting :)

Back