Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi lynz, welcome and good luck.

Hi all! Im new to sw having kept to atkins/low carb diets but fancy a bit of normality!
To start i have a few atkins day break bars left does anyone know the syn value, hate them to go to waste! Thankyou! This site is a life savour :) :)

Hi all started tue few months back did cambridge and Exante would lose stone in a week then gain it back then lose it again. Kept oing round in circles. So this time i want to lose it sensibility and steady. 1-2 lb per week would be amazing, have to wait and see. So far so good, got 3 st to lose.

Hey Everyone!

Just thought I'd come say hello to all of you other newbies and long time members :)

I joined SW for the first time on Tuesday evening (4th of this month).. I didn't know what to expect when going to meet the group for the first time, I was feeling a little embarassed and dreaded what the weighing scales was going to tell me. When I got there I realised there was nothing to be embarassed about, everyone there was in the same boat and my consultant was lovely and supportive. Weighing in at 16st9.5lbs was a shock though, it's the heaviest i've ever been. I've been feeling self conscious about my weight for a good while now and it just seems to keep creeping up on me. I'm so fed up going shopping and never being able to buy the fashionable clothes I'd like to wear because of my size. I decided I need to take action and do something about it and i've heard good things about SW. I'm glad I found this forum because reading the many success stories here has given me more motivation to stick to this and actually do it :)

I've been looking at recipes and researching meal plans online.. I've tried some and it baffles me how eating these yummy meals can help contribute to weight loss!! :)

I wish all others just starting on their weight loss journey the best of luck :)

Amy xox

Hi Everyone!

I'm Claire, I'm a single mummy of 2 (23months & 15 weeks) I have done slimming world just after I had my daughter and lost over 1.5 stone :) I left once I got pregnant with my son and went on the 'see food' diet! So when my son was 4 weeks old I decided to re-join. I have swaped groups as I didnt feel like I was getting the support from my consultant and had only lost 7lbs in 8 weeks.

Since Joining my new group I feel the passion I had when I started the first time round :) I am hoping to be at 13 stone for christmas. I look forward to getting to know you all and steal your recipes hehe xx

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I've been doing slimming world for almost a year and am now just 6 pounds to target, although the closer I'm getting the harder I'm finding it! Need an extra little bit of motivation to get to the end!

Hi im Debbie, i'm 25 newly married and i joined sw on the 28/8/12 lost 3lb in the first week, aim is to loose weight to improve my chances of getting pregnant first and formost, but then next goal is to get to a health weight, don't think i have lost this week but i have stuck to plan so only the scales will tell on tuesday.

Hi guys, after getting on/ falling off the wagon a few years ago I've decided to start again. Have a holiday at the end of the month so hoping to lose a few pounds before I go!

Hi all I'm new, at the end of week 1 weigh in tomorrow. Loved it so far! I was a dyed in the wool ww girl, lost 5 stone but needed a change. Let's hope weigh in is as good as week 1!

Hi everyone, I'm 27 and coming up for week 3 on Slimming World. I've lost just over 2stone on a variety of other diets/ gym since last July but was getting fed up and my wee brother and his fiancee have been doing amazingly on SW so thought I'd give it a shot. I've roped my boyfriend into doing it with me, although he has less to lose. The weight seems to be falling off him already and I seem to be plodding along behind! I have to confess to being a little addicted to stepping on the scales as I'm not a huge fan of weigh in day surprises!

Hi everyone,

I am Sadie, I am 25 and also newlywed! I have gained a little weight post wedding and would like to lose it as well as the extra three stone I have been carrying around the last few years.

Ideally, I want to get myself fit for the future.

I weighed myself this morning and was shocked at the scales (14st 8.5).

Wishing all the other newbies good luck! :)

Hi, I'm new to MiniMins, so I thought I'd just pop by & say hello.

My name is Janine & I'm in South Beds. I started my SW journey in January this yearbecause I was just fed up with being so big & so unfit. 8 months on & I've lost virtually 4 stone (I should get my 4 stone award on Thursday). It's so exciting to be able to go into ordinary clothes shops & be swamped with choice eh? I'm quite fit now too & only a few lb of a bmi of 25, something I've NEVER been!

I love the fact that all the clothes I packed away to keep for that "one day" when they fitted me again are now far too big!!! Never felt so good :D. Friends aren't just noticing how much I've lost, they're also noticing how happy I am & how my self esteem has increased.

Oops, I didn't mean to go on so long LOL. Bye for now

Hi all, I'm Lauren.
Rejoined Slimming World after numerous failed attempts but after a rubbish year I'm determined to hit target of 9 Stone. Weighing in at 14st 4.5lbs was a shock, it's the heaviest I've ever been. Lost 9lb in my first week so excellent start but got a long way to go! x

Hi, I'm new to MiniMins, so I thought I'd just pop by & say hello.

My name is Janine & I'm in South Beds. I started my SW journey in January this yearbecause I was just fed up with being so big & so unfit. 8 months on & I've lost virtually 4 stone (I should get my 4 stone award on Thursday). It's so exciting to be able to go into ordinary clothes shops & be swamped with choice eh? I'm quite fit now too & only a few lb of a bmi of 25, something I've NEVER been!

I love the fact that all the clothes I packed away to keep for that "one day" when they fitted me again are now far too big!!! Never felt so good :D. Friends aren't just noticing how much I've lost, they're also noticing how happy I am & how my self esteem has increased.

Oops, I didn't mean to go on so long LOL. Bye for now

Thats great. Looking at your weight and BMI, that's a real achievement. It's one thing to lose lots of stones when you have loads to lose, but to lose so much and get down to what is your perfect weight is much harder.

The first few pounds and stone can be easy, the last couple are hard. I hope I can replicate your success as my bmi goes towards healthy.

Thats great. Looking at your weight and BMI, that's a real achievement. It's one thing to lose lots of stones when you have loads to lose, but to lose so much and get down to what is your perfect weight is much harder.

The first few pounds and stone can be easy, the last couple are hard. I hope I can replicate your success as my bmi goes towards healthy.

Thank you :) . This is the easiest I've ever found it to lose weight & I *know* when I reach target, this time it'll stay off. You've done so well! My daughter's bmi is aeound 42 & she started at SW last week, I hope she's going to do as well as you.

Thank you :) . This is the easiest I've ever found it to lose weight & I *know* when I reach target, this time it'll stay off. You've done so well! My daughter's bmi is aeound 42 & she started at SW last week, I hope she's going to do as well as you.

That's fantastic I wish your daughter well. Life can be unpleasant at such a big bmi, and it stores things up for when she gets older. Let her know that her life can change for the better, and it can change extremely quickly if she commits herself to it.

What's most outstanding is how well the body responds to just a couple of stone off (a couple of stone will melt away), even when you still have big losses to come. Your body laps up the changes. My blood pressure dropped not normal pretty quickly, with some determined exercise i was able to run for thirty minutes straight, my resting heart beat was 63 this morning puts me in the 'excellent' range, that's better than 'below average'.

PS. Slimming World is my first weight loss diet...

Hi all
I'm 33 years old with 4 young kids. Ive yoyo-dieted for the past 9 years but really want to lose it for good this time. Ive tried WW too but SW EE seems more convenient with young kids
Its my 10th wedding anniversary next August and want to be the size i was when i got married. ( im now a 16/18 and was 12/14 when i got married.
I officially started online on Monday and lurked on Minimins but wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone luck.

hey guys my first ever post so here goes my names kirsty i started sw in august just had my 5th weight in this week and my total loss is now 1st 2lbs :) yeay go me

Back