Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi guys I've been using this forum since I joined SW back in may, just for little tips and tricks, and it's really helped me! So tonight I decided to finally register and get involved a bit more.

I went to group tonight and lost 3lb, and achieved my 2 stone award ! I've also dropped a dress size, so I had a clothes clear out and was going to give them to charity, however I found a group on FB that sells plus size clothing for cheap. So far I've made a nice £50 ! So going to either treat my self to some smaller clothes :p or buy a countdown at SW to keep me on track.

Look forward to getting involved a little bit more now I'm registered !

Hi, I'm EmJay,
I did SW about 3 years ago. I went from 17st something to 16st something after having my first baby. Then at SW I went down to 14st something.
This time around, I've managed to put on 6st since I left group :sign0007: So embarrassed!
Now weigh 21st7lb as of my first WI at group on Tuesday.
I know I can do it, just got to stay focused and not quit thinking I can do it on my own again!

Hi, I'm EmJay,
I did SW about 3 years ago. I went from 17st something to 16st something after having my first baby. Then at SW I went down to 14st something.
This time around, I've managed to put on 6st since I left group :sign0007: So embarrassed!
Now weigh 21st7lb as of my first WI at group on Tuesday.
I know I can do it, just got to stay focused and not quit thinking I can do it on my own again!

I'm interested what it was you think went wrong, between you deciding to no longer for to class, and the putting on of six stone? Do you feel that when you left SW you just returned to your old eating patterns or did your eating get worse?

I am curious as I have been successful at remaining focused and losing the weight, but i am aware of the familiar story of putting it back on and more...

Hi, I am Ben.

A few girls in work joined SW and its doing very good for them, and I have been struggling with weight for a while, so have looked online at this forum, and am going to my first meeting on Monday! I'd imagine it'll be all women, but I don't mind.

Elements of it all seem quite complex, but I'm sure it becomes second nature after a while. I've been told I should do Extra Easy.

I made a SW curry last night from the web site, was OK. Will be looking on here for more recipes.

I don't know how I will get on as I drink a lot of coffee (sometimes 5 mugs per day), and normally have 2 weetabix, semi milk and sugar for breakfast, so I've been told that I'l have to syn the milk in the coffee.

Some recipes refer to "artificial sweetener", I've never purchased this - is it those fake sugar things people use in tea or coffee? Which brand?

Also, I once saw a liquid sweetener (the bottle looked a bit like honey), but it was natural sweetener - and I cannot remember the name. You can add it to natural yogurt and fruit to make it a bit sweeter. What is that stuff?

I've never really cooked, but now is a good time to learn!

Doing my first SW shop this afternoon, will be getting

Veg (broccoli, colli, carrots, onions, spuds)
Salad
Cans of chopped tomatoes (lots of recipes seem to include these!)
Tomato puree
Muller Light yogurts (which I think are free)
Fruit (apples, nectarines, bananas, grapes)
Frozen chicken breast
Fish

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello everyone :)

I'm new here, and my name is Menekse - I started SW on August 1st and have only lost 4lbs so far :-/ I struggle to stay on it through the week because of being generally busy and not having much support at home... Hubby is naturally thin and doesn't need to think about food consumption at all!

Anyway, I thought that this looked like a really positive forum so I'm joining in the hopes that it will help me stay motivated and be somewhere to get support.

I started at 12st8lbs and am 12st4lbs. My goal weight is 9st7lbs, but I may alter it to 9st4lbs depending on how I look and feel when I get there!

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing help/hints/tips :)

M-Stew

Hi, my name is Kelly, I have a little boy who's 2 in November, I'm a type 1 diabetic and this is both the first time I've done SW and joined a forum. I haven't actually started yet, planning on going for it on Monday but have been food shopping today after reading up on here everyone's food diaries' to get a few ideas. So fingers crossed.

Hello, new member here... Since January I've lost just over a stone, with one more stone to go... I've been calorie counting, just came across the site and thought I'd join & hopefully find some like minded friends where we can swap tips on healthy weight loss :)

Hello :)

Hi Everyone :)

I started Slimming World R & G plan 3 weeks ago and have lost 14lb in the first two weeks. 3 week weigh in is tomorrow so I'll see if I've lost anymore. It's going a bit too well at the moment and I feel better then I've done for years. :)

Hi. I'm starting my new healthy lifestyle today, I know I can do it, I lost 3.5 stone in 2006/7, went on to have two children (now 2 & 4) and put most of it back on - I don't want to be 15 stone again! I'd like to be smaller firstly for my bro's wedding in March and secondly for my 40th in 2014. I work full-time so struggle to get to a class, I've never done SW before always WW, seen many successful weight losses on SW so I thought I'd try something new. Today will be my first day, and I'm weighing in at 14 stone 11 lbs :-(. Onwards ands downwards!

For my breakfast I'm having fruit with 0% Total Greek Yoghurt, lunch will be Chilli and Rice, Mullerlite for snack and then homemade butternut squash soup for my tea with Ryvita and laughing cow for tea. Wish me luck!

Hi, I've been following SW for a few years, and I am re-joining a group this week. I follow red days mostly with the odd EE day thrown in. I need to loose 2 stone at least which is why I am going back to class as I am struggling on my own. Good luck to us all.

Hi all, I'm also new. Have lurked around on the forums being very inspired by people's weight loss stories and pictures but not posted before. I've been on a bit of a health kick since start of the year but although I've lost a bit of weight I fancied joining Slimming World because of some of the brilliant success stories I've seen (and my friend highly recommends it!). Have signed up to the online thingy and am doing it at home.

Having read the blurb I think I'll mostly do Extra Easy.

Hoping I'll stick at it because I'm sick of being a porker now! :D

Hello all :)

Been doing SW for 5 weeks now, due my 4th WI tomorrow, have lost 10lbs to date and very happy with that - just another 100 or so to go!??

Hello everyone! I'm into my 4th week of SW - lost the first two weeks then nothing on week three - perhaps due to sudden increase in exercise (I hope!). I'm going to a group and loving this diet more than any other I've done - it's so foodie friendly.

I'm wanting to go from my current 12 st 1 to about 10 st 4. So not masses to lose and perhaps why my losses so far have been smaller rather than the 5 lb losses some people seem to have at group? Anyway here's hoping. Good luck everyone.

Really glad I found this sight! Was a target member before getting pregnant and now with a 14 month old I'm still 1 and half stone over target. Really want to lose a stone before xmas so going to keep looking here for motivation!!!

Hi all, hope I'm doing this right as this is my 1st post on a forum EVER! Lol! Been doing Slimming World myself at home for about 4yrs now and have been hovering round my target weight for the last 3yrs. Over all this time I've had loads of inspiration and recipe ideas from this forum so I thought it was about time I bit the bullet and joined! I'm hoping to keep maintaining and am looking forward to getting know some of you lovely people!

Hi all :)
Started slimming world last week and so far I love it! Better than anything I've tried before! Lost 7.5 lbs in my first week which i'm chuffed with. Hope this is the beginning of the rest of my life!!

Hello im wytch and mum of 2. ive been over weight since as long as i can remember and it need to change for me and for my kids. i want to be able to run around with them instead of just watching them play so I've joined SW 25/9 i want to lose 10st overall but my first target is 3st by jan 1st. hard work and maybe a tad to optimistic but im up for the challenge and im not scared of hard work :)

Welcome people and good luck on your journey. Stick with it and the pounds will fall off. I've been doing it for 8weeks now and lost 20lbs. Never felt hungry and never tasted better food.

Back