Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

My group is quite a big one and initially I was shocked at how long it goes on for, but I do really enjoy chatting about how we're all doing. I've only had 4 weigh-ins with them but it's clear that they genuinely care about each other, and they're really happy to chat to anyone and I feel part of the fold already! There are a good few target members that are still attending and it's really inspirational - especially because I can't possibly imagine them ever being 4-8 stone heavier!

I used to go to a fairly small group and, while group was short and sweet, people kept themselves to themselves and it didn't encourage me to stay. I actually felt a little pushed out because I 'only' had 1.5 stone to lose and the comments were all as if my results didn't matter.

The group I go to now is only a mile from my old one but I'm so glad I moved - it makes such a difference! The group leader is fab - empathetic, encouraging and a good giggle. I would strongly encourage you to try another group or session if yours doesn't suit you; SW is a great way to lose weight - don't be discouraged by your group like I was last time!

Hi I'm Leigh-Anne and joined slimming world last week. Lost 8lbs at first weigh in and planning on losing 3 stone :)

Hello! Just completed my first week and weighed in. the scales say i have lost 6lb. can that be right? Can you lose that much in a week??

I tried to join SW tonight I arrived as the leader was about to start new member time form last group. She asked if I was joining and told me I would have to wait outside for the next class and I could expect to be done bout half 9 as a new member( it was 7.30) I explained I couldn't stay that long and I was told if I wasn't staying til then she would not let me join. I asked if I could sit in on the new member time she was just starting and she told me no I had to wait for the next class and wait outside., but unless I said I would stay 2 hours she wouldn't let me in???? Total madness

That's ridiculous! I joined my group 3 weeks ago and the lady couldn't have been more friendly, she was just starting joining someone else up and just told me to sit in on it!!

p.s. lost 9lbs so far and am really chuffed :)

Hello! Just completed my first week and weighed in. the scales say i have lost 6lb. can that be right? Can you lose that much in a week??
Yep! You absolutely can! We had a woman in group last week who lost 6lb - and she was already at target! Fortunately she was at the top of her target band so it took her to the bottom and she was still in range, but it's pretty incredible. Congratulations to you and Lannie on amazing first weeks!

Hi I'm Ally I'm rejoining Slimming world on Thursday after a very long and fattening break :-(. I'm hoping to lose 4st but haven't set any time scale yet. I need all the support I can get as I'm giving up smoking at the same time and all I seem to want to do is eat!

Looking forward to chatting with you all on here x

Sands134 said:
I tried to join SW tonight I arrived as the leader was about to start new member time form last group. She asked if I was joining and told me I would have to wait outside for the next class and I could expect to be done bout half 9 as a new member( it was 7.30) I explained I couldn't stay that long and I was told if I wasn't staying til then she would not let me join. I asked if I could sit in on the new member time she was just starting and she told me no I had to wait for the next class and wait outside., but unless I said I would stay 2 hours she wouldn't let me in???? Total madness

You have to stay to group as a new member that's how its done, the talk explaining the plan is usually at the beginning and they don't sign you up and take your money till the end. This gives you chance to see how the group works, get a taste of image therapy and how the plan works with everyday life before committing.

I started on 05/08 and have lost around 30lbs so far.

Slimming world is doing me well! Need to up the exercise though!

HolA!!!

I lost 5 lbs in my first week. Chuffed to bits, looking forward to next weeks WI!

How bizzarre to ask you to wait for 2 hours!! I have been doing SW for the last 5 weeks from home but decided to join a group last week for motivation and support. I signed up with the consultant whilst the other members were being weighed. I did find the chat about the plan was quite rushed and the consultant only explained the EE plan, more or less saying that that's the plan everyone uses so I should use it too!! She didn't explain the red or green plans but suggested I read the books. I was hoping for more information during the consultants talk but it was all about going around the group (thankfully not many there) congratulating weight loss and asking what individuals had done to achieve their weight loss.

Some of the members had not stayed on the plan but still managed to lose weight which seemed strange to me, one member said they had basically eaten junk food all week :confused:!! The consultant congratulated the loss but in my opinioin didn't really encourage the member to get back onto a healthy eating plan!! I came away from the meeting not really feeling I had gained much information about SW, but I will give it another go tomorrow night for my first group weigh in.

This forum is great for finding out information and getting tips and advice from others on SW and staying motivated. :)

My SW consultant doesn't really go into the Original plan until someone plateaus or their weight loss gets really slow. She's quite good at looking at each individual and coming up with suggestions. She's got a few people to do food diaries for the past few weeks so she can help suggest some lower syn swaps, and she asked a few if they'd like to stay on afterwards to go through the Original plan. I suppose it depends on the consultant really though - I'm just lucky I've got a good one! :D

Hi, I'm Amy
I'm 21 and trying to lose the weight I gained at uni before I graduate, I joined my local SW 2 weeks ago and just wanted somewhere to chat to others doing SW during the week :)

My name's Leanne, I've been doing slimming world online for the last 3 months and have lost 1.5 stone, with a further 1.5 stone to lose. I've been looking at the forum for a while but have only just decided to join and say hello. I'm vegetarian and follow green days and find that it's easy to follow with a generous food allowance, and the recipes are lovely!

Hi all,

Newbie here (Obviously! :) )

I started Slimming World 2 weeks ago and have lost a total of 9lbs - 8 of which in my first week and I've been exercising like crazy this week and lost 1lb! Not impressed... never mind.... There's always next week :)

Em x

Hi, I joined SW 3 weeks ago on a doctors referral (although have done SW a couple of times in the past).

Nearly had a heart attack when I stood on the scales lol - so got at least 4 stone to lose.

Have lost 3lb on my first week - followed by a holiday in the second week - so 3rd week stayed the same, Am hoping for a good week this week though!!

AMB

Doing slimming world from home (again) been a minimins member since 2010....piled weight on since I gave up smoking and drinking and since my mum passed away. Getting my life and purpose back. :sigh:

Hello,

I just found this forum and thought it would be great to get more support and hopefully motivation! I joined SW about 9 years ago and lost 5 stone. I had managed to stay at target until about six months ago, when the pounds began to creep back on: I am currently about 6 pounds above my target weight. I am not attending group at the moment as my consultant left and the group changed to a day that I couldn't make due to work. I still have all my books, and I know I just need to get back in the "zone" (easier said than done!).

I am a vegetarian so I do Green days. I know the plan works when I stick to it, so hopefully I will be back at target very soon!

Back