Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi all

I'm new, but I've been with SW for 20 months and I'm a target member - pregnant and gaining weight, btw, which worries me. I'm glad I found this forum! :)

Hi all

I'm new, but I've been with SW for 20 months and I'm a target member - pregnant and gaining weight, btw, which worries me. I'm glad I found this forum! :)

If you are at target and you are pregnant, wouldnt it be both perfectly normal and desirable to gain weight? I'm a man though, what would i know...

Hi, I just posted a hello thread in the Introductions section before i saw this, so.. Hello again :)

[h=2]I've been on and off Slimming world for a few years now, I was 23st 13lb at my heaviest and have lost just over 5st in total, I still have a very long way to go. For my height, i should be around 10 stone. I think i'd be happy to get to 14. Maybe when I get there, i'll change my mind.. We'll see, for now i'm Aiming at 2 stone intrim targets and see how that goes. My current BMI is 45.1.[/h]

I didn't pay to keep my history when I've returned, so this time around I'm at 13.5lb loss since 7th July 2012, and am struggling to stay on plan.

I hope by joining here today, it will help me stay focused, I brought a 12 week countdown 3 weeks ago to also try to help myself stay on plan.

I am a full time mum of 5, 3 are grown up and left home and 2 teenagers, my youngest is 13 and is also a SW young member, she got to her 'target' weight last summer (young members don't have an official target as they are still growing, she had a total loss of almost 2 stone), I'm really proud of her, and she still comes to every meeting with me, she say's to maintain her weight but i think it's her way of helping me.

hi all :)

I'm new here so thought I'd say hello. I'm off to joint my local SW group tomorrow for the first time and to be honest I'm quite nervous! :(

Anyway hope to spend a lot of time learning from you lovely folks :)

Welcome Newbies! Littleblue - the first time I went to a SW class I couldn't find the right door into the hall and got myself so worked up about it that I almost went home. Thankfully a friend rang me to give me a push to get in there - and then I didn't know what I'd been so worried about! Everyone was lovely. Good luck!

If you are at target and you are pregnant, wouldnt it be both perfectly normal and desirable to gain weight? I'm a man though, what would i know...

Gazter, lol, I really like my size 12 clothes and it took me 14 months to lose 2.5 stones after my first pregnancy (and 2 years to decide to go back to SW)... I don't want to be fat - ever!

By the way, is there a way of setting this forum to let me know when somebody replies to any threads I took part in? At the moment I post but never know if there is a response... and there's an ocean of topics here...

By the way, is there a way of setting this forum to let me know when somebody replies to any threads I took part in? At the moment I post but never know if there is a response... and there's an ocean of topics here...

When you reply you should automatically be subscribed to the thread, and then click on the link to 'subscribed threads' at the very top of the page next to 'my profile'.

Welcome Newbies! Littleblue - the first time I went to a SW class I couldn't find the right door into the hall and got myself so worked up about it that I almost went home. Thankfully a friend rang me to give me a push to get in there - and then I didn't know what I'd been so worried about! Everyone was lovely. Good luck!

I was lucky I went with friends, though they hadn't turned up by the time I go there. I had met the consultant doing some work at her home, she's lovely, soon as she spotted my little boy lost look on my face she came over...

Hello I'm new :eek: I've been a member for longer than that because I've done slimming world before, about two years ago. Lost a stone and then have spent the last two years working myself up to joining again because I regained that stone!
Several times this year I have been asked when my baby is due... and i'm not preg :( So I'm well and truly on a mission to lose a stone before Xmas - so about five weeks. Then after that my club 10.
I'm on day 4 of the plan - I go to a monday WI. I'm struggling a little, although I'm sticking to it 100%. I'm not hungry, far from it. But I'm so seriously CRAVING sugar! I could bite your arm off to get some chocolate! I want cake, cadbury's and mmm lots of it :( so hoping these cravings wear off soon. Glad to be here anyway, look forward to talking to some of you :)

Last edited:
Hi

I started Slimming World 3 weeks ago and have lost 9 lbs - 3rd weigh in is tomorrow night ! Finding this site really helpful

Jillian xx

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I did SW classes a while ago but fell off the wagon big time after an operation and regained the 3 stones I'd lost plus some more :( I will be joining a class after Christmas when i start a new job but I thought I shouldn't wait until then and I'm giving it a try at home based on what i remember and what i can learn on here!!

I will be 40 next December and I really want to crack my weight issues before then as the last year or two I've been struggling with weight related health issues and I'm fed up of it!

Good luck to everyone else x

Hi, everyone! Just started SW at home last week, gained 6.5lbs first weigh in, bad start!! Determined to lose some this week though.

Good luck to everyone :)

Hi, everyone! Just started SW at home last week, gained 6.5lbs first weigh in, bad start!! Determined to lose some this week though.

Good luck to everyone :)

Hi Loulou - good luck for this week - with positive attitude im sure you will have a loss. What plan did you do if you dont mind me asking? x

I have been doing the extra easy but thinking of mixing it up a bit next week! It is hard when you are eating out as i cant restrain myself for the tasty non slimming world stuff haha! Good luck for this week

xx

Back