Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi all, i'm new. starting class on Thursday so have no idea what I weigh at the minute. Absolutely terrified!! :wave_cry:

Hi all! New to the site but started posting last night....really enjoying reading the threads and getting lots of inspiration....good luck to everyone in 2013!

HELLO ALL! I've been doing SW for a year now but have only just joined this site. It seems a great resource for recipes, syn values and encouragement. I'm on my way towards my fifth stone and have just decided to set an interim target of 13.1, which moves my BMI down from obese to overweight.

As tips go, I would say don't be afraid of free food. Free means free, and if you (like me) are someone who 'eats their feelings' or is a bit crazy about food don't be alarmed. Also fruit tea/herbal tea/hi lights hot or options hot chocolates are lifesavers when you want to pick something ir if you are used to having something in the evening when you are watching tv.

Look forward to getting to know you all

PuppetWitch xx

Hello everyone, Well like many others I'm making a commitment to change in 2013, except I'm viewing this as the second part of my journey. On 1st jan 2011 I made a similar commitment, weighing nearly 19 stone, I joined SW and on 9 months I lost 5 stone, I can honestly say it changed my life, I have felt so much better and more confident. My goal had always been to lose a total of 8 stone and although I have kept going to class I have only really maintained over the last 12 months (and put on over the last two) I have decided to reset my journey, although I am proud of my weightloss to date I am going to draw a line under That and join a new group as a completely fresh member, I am looking forward to those first little achievements again like getting a first sticker and counting to club 10. I know with commitment that SW works and with the right frame of mind and support it is possible! Here's to 2013 and shedding my last 3 (and the Xmas half!) stone! Good luck everyone who's on the same mission! Bestme xx

Wow Bestme you've done an incredible job!!!. I admire you for literally starting over again and taking it from a different angle. You're an inspiration and Im definitely going to be subscribing to your journey :) xxx

Hi everyone I'm officially starting slimming world tomorrow! Have yoyoed with weight watchers for years and decided sw might be better for me after readed about it on here. Have read up all about it as I've been planning to start in the new year since before christmas and seems very flexible and will fit in well with meals for the whole family better than I've found weight watchers to be. Most importantly all the free food should mean I'm not always starving like i was with ww. Am going to start off only doing ee and see how it goes!

Hello fellow weightloss monkeys!heres to a fab healthy thinner new year
I look forward to becoming friends with all of you x

:D Hello All!

I am joining tonight after not only finding the love of my life but also an extra 2.5 stones! :eek: Plus I stopped smoking just under 3 weeks ago. Looking to lose 3 stones in time for my sisters wedding in October 2013 xx

I am joining in too, i know it's mid week but i don't see the point in putting it off for any reason, just an excuse to eat rubbish in preparation!
Have never done Slimming World or Weightwatchers or anything before so it's all new to me, seems a bit confusing but i'm going to have a good read through and see what i have to do. I will be doing it from home too as my husbands changing shifts mean that i would probably miss going to meetings.

I have at least a stone to lose, would preferably like to lose 1.5 stone, that would put me at the lightest i've been for years, i felt so much better then!

I too have rejoined tonight as i had put most of my weight back on, i spoke to my consultant and rejoined as i felt that it was what i needed to do to get my head straight and refocus. Heres to 2013 being the year that i finally reach my target.:)

Hey everyone! I'm a second-timer at Slimming World. I spent a year working hard at it and managed to loose just over 2 stone. Unfortunately, I have managed to put it all on again in less than a year (a family bereavement just blew me out the zone).

Truth be told Im struggling to get back into it all. Can't seem to find that mental state again where im 100% committed :(. Hoping that through some support on here, and some handy tips etc, I can maybe be back where I want to be soon!

New here been going to SW since July last year and have lost 1st 11lbs so far, don't think want to lose much more but will just wait and see how things go

Hello! After a year of on/ off calorie counting I've decided to give SW a go. I lost almost 3 stone last year but after todays weigh in I found id put 11lb back on. Im getting married in August and I would have liked to have lost around 4/5 stone in 2012 but I had too many periods of falling off the wagon. I'm hoping the weekly weigh ins and the support group will help keep me on track this year.

Hi All

My name is Dishi and I am an Indian. I am 11 stone and aiming to bring it down to 8 stone 9 lb by March. I am planning to join slim world. Can anyone guide me if they have anything for Vegetarians as I don't eat fish and eggs. I am hoping to shed my extra pounds soon.

Thanks

Hi I'm jan and restarting SW after an absence of 3 years. I lost 3 stone before doing mostly red days. I've put most of it back on so it's back to square one. I don't fancy the EE plan as I've heard so many people say it or sent work for them. I plan on doing red days again as I know it works for me. My biggest problem is a free" snack to have at work as I cannot stand muller lights or other fat free yoghurts because of the after taste. Any suggestions would be welcomed

Back