Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi All

My name is Dishi and I am an Indian. I am 11 stone and aiming to bring it down to 8 stone 9 lb by March. I am planning to join slim world. Can anyone guide me if they have anything for Vegetarians as I don't eat fish and eggs. I am hoping to shed my extra pounds soon.

Thanks

I eat lots of beans and pulses Quorn products and tofu and soya chunks. I'm not a vegetarian but only eat chicken and fish on a rare occasion. Have a look on the SW website and look green 7 day menus it's got loads of ideas also they have a menu search feature that every one can use :) xx

Hi everyone, I have been to my first slimming world meeting this morning - I would like to loose 6 stone altogether, but as an interim target I would like to loose 1 1/2 stone. I am a bridesmaid for my best friend in march - and I have had my dress a size too small - eeek!!! It's a challenge but I know I can get in it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,
i joined this site a long time ago but have been absent for quite a while! I initially lost a lot of weight with slimming world, have put a fair amount back on but am determined to lose it all and keep it all off this time. Am maid of honour for my best friends next August so have plenty of time to lose it, but want to have lost it kept it off for quite a while if that makes sense?! Anyway... Hi!!
Shelley x

hi everyone! I started SW last year and lost over a stone but moved house and it all went to "pot"..so I want to do this at home and save the money instead.. I am so glad to find this site to motivate me. I just want to look better for the Summer without my legs rubbing together when I walk and that I can get on my bike without having to pump the tyres up every time I use it. Having lost 4st twice in my lifetime by rights really I shouldn't be here...now I hope to do the same again!:blahblah:

Hey, new to this, doing SW online and have 5 stone to shift! I love the idea of all the support on here :) are their any other new people or is this an old thread??

Hey, new to this, doing SW online and have 5 stone to shift! I love the idea of all the support on here :) are their any other new people or is this an old thread??

Hi i and welcome, i rejoined last wednesday and also have 5 stone to lose, I have lost and gained the same 2 stone or so over the past few years. But i really want to do it this time.:)

Hi, I'm a newbie! Am attempting a slimming world type approach without joining the club. Have five kg to shift, BMI ok but put on half a stone over Christmas due to an addiction to sweet things! I have pcos so mustn't let weight creep up, but get hungry when calorie counting as I run out too soon!
Every search I've done while researching the sw method has directed me to this site, it's proving soo helpful.
Lots of experts on here so wanted to check I'm getting the right idea, so, here's my first day's food:
First thing, hot water and lemon.
Breakfast tomatoes peppers onion mushroom and courgettes fried in low cal oil spray, an egg done same way, two slices of quorn ham and a piece of brown whole meal toast from small loaf (he) with a scrape of soya butter (1 syn).
Lunch was grapes and raspberries with activia 0fat vanilla yogurt and a baby bel light (1 he)
Dinner a quorn pepper steak, slimming world recipe potato salad, spinach leek broccoli and mange tout with dessert a baked apple with a sprinkle of oat granola (6 syns?) and half another vanilla yogurt.
An alpen light bar (he) to snack before Zumba and a banana after.
Have drank a few teas and coffees with unsweetened almond milk (he?) and some green teas, sugar free squash and sparkling water..
Have I made any obvious mistakes? Does anything need tweaking??
Any advice much appreciated (ps, this doesn't feel like a diet at all. Wow!)

Hi all!

I am back to slimming world after a few years break and things have changed! I did slimming world in 2007 when Extra Easy didn't exist and I can't afford to go to groups at the moment so I am trying to work out what it is all about on here. My main issue isn't weight loss it is just healthy eating. I'm a teacher and during term time I find it hard to eat properly so I am hoping this well keep me on track! I have also recently had surgery and been off my feet so no exercise and being trapped in the house has helped me put on a bit so I'm trying to get back to the way I was.
Any time on how the extra easy works will be greatly appreciated. :D

hi all, back again...i was here a while back then i sort of lost my mojo but now it's back and im back and wanting to shed some weight!!
hope everyone's ok, looking forward to joining in again!!:D

Wow this diet is fab I've been eating loads this week! Was getting worried I'd have a massive gain and it just wouldn't work for someone with my appetite but just weighed myself and have lost 4lbs! I'm delighted!

Wow this diet is fab I've been eating loads this week! Was getting worried I'd have a massive gain and it just wouldn't work for someone with my appetite but just weighed myself and have lost 4lbs! I'm delighted!

well done that's brilliant.... keep going day at a time! :happy096:

Hello! I am a newbie, started on Monday... Going well so far didnt realise how much I would have eaten..EEK!!

Back