Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi everyone! I have been a member on the site since April, when I tried the Cambridge diet, but it was a massive fail! I just love to eat too much! I've re started on SW since the begining of the year and so far lost 6lbs in the first two weeks.
I love looking at the inspirational photos on here, they make me so motivated!
Good luck to everyone, and if anybody's looking for a slimming buddie around the 15st mark, add me as a friend!
love
Cat

Hi Cat, good luck with SW love, i'm sure you'll soon start seeing results ;-)

Hello - I'm new!!
I am a SW oldie though ;-)
I lost two and a half stone to get to my target weight almost two years ago. I have recently returned to work and I am looking for some support as I'm no longer able to get to group, and no longer able to get to the gym well maybe only once a week) and I am very worried about the pounds coming back on... I don't think they will, as it really is a way of life now - but I was looking for some support and it looks like this could be the place to get it?!
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hello - I'm new!!
I am a SW oldie though ;-)
I lost two and a half stone to get to my target weight almost two years ago. I have recently returned to work and I am looking for some support as I'm no longer able to get to group, and no longer able to get to the gym well maybe only once a week) and I am very worried about the pounds coming back on... I don't think they will, as it really is a way of life now - but I was looking for some support and it looks like this could be the place to get it?!
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hello there rainbow, this is a good place to be. Only been here a week or so myself but lots of support from lovely ladies who understand exactly where you're coming from ;-) x

Hi my name is Sarah struggling at the moment started the end of Sept and only lost 1/2 stone. Really need to kick myself into gear as I am now nearing the top of the waiting list for IVF. They want me to get my BMI down I'm so disappointed in myself as I have had a long time to do this. I have to do this but I'm so mad at myself at the moment.

Hi my name is Sarah struggling at the moment started the end of Sept and only lost 1/2 stone. Really need to kick myself into gear as I am now nearing the top of the waiting list for IVF. They want me to get my BMI down I'm so disappointed in myself as I have had a long time to do this. I have to do this but I'm so mad at myself at the moment.
Hi Sarah, and welcome, please don't be so hard on yourself. Preparing for IVF is a very stressful time, i know as i have been there. You have still lost 1/2 stone and that is an achievement, with the help and support of the lovely people on here you can continue to lose weight.
Good luck with your weight loss and the IVF
:bighug:

Hi Sarah! Don't kick yourself, just draw a line under last year and go for it! I don't know if I need IVF yet (first hospital appt next week!) but I'm losing the weight anyway in anticipation, lost 4.5 stone so far and got another 4 stone to go. You can do this! If you even fancy chatting to ladies in a similar boat, come visit the TTC forum xxx

Hi there.

I'm new (sort of lol). I have done SW a couple of times and always had good results, so have decided to try again.

Looking forward to losing loads.

Lindsey

Hi there.

I'm new (sort of lol). I have done SW a couple of times and always had good results, so have decided to try again.

Looking forward to losing loads.

Lindsey

Welcome Lindsey, you will find lots of help and advice on here.... Good luck :)

Hi everyone! I have been a member on the site since April, when I tried the Cambridge diet, but it was a massive fail! I just love to eat too much! I've re started on SW since the begining of the year and so far lost 6lbs in the first two weeks.
I love looking at the inspirational photos on here, they make me so motivated!
Good luck to everyone, and if anybody's looking for a slimming buddie around the 15st mark, add me as a friend!
love
Cat

ooh know how that feels. I did sw lost a stone (always kept it off) then went on Cambridge and lost a stone and a half (back on) then I was very ill and had to have an op....so NOW on sw and really focused. Cambridge so so hard and I'm not sure the healthiest way of going about wieght loss. So very extreme. And you pile it on again afterwards. Lots of stress to put your body through. You have done great losing your 6lbs !! Good luck with it x x

Hello everyone.
Never done the SW diet before. I'm joining this Wednesday and I have to say I'm rather looking forward to it!
Been researching recipes ready and chatting with other members. Have not weighed myself for a good while, obviously got my first weigh in on Wednesday also, I'm guessing I'm going to be around the 23 st 4lbs mark.
I have to change my eating habits and lifestyle. I never exercise!

I am so glad I've found this forum, so that I will have even more support away from meetings.

So yeah, HI EVERYONE!!! Nice to meet you!

I'm a newbie of sorts too- I did do SW about 3 yrs ago and loose 1.5stone but then lost my way a bit. I now have the 1.5 stone to loose as my 1st target that would get me to about 10stone so will go from there. I'm re joining on Tuesday and really looking forward to it but will need keeping on the straight and narrow!

Hi everyone,

I am new to Slimming World, attended my first session last week and my first weigh in is tomorrow night.

I have not really done slimming world properly before, I tired doing it from home once a few years ago, and the red and greed days didnt work well for me, and doing it from home had very little motivation, but this time I am going to a class and its the Extra Easy plan I hope for more success.

I am getting nervous for my first weight in tomorrow, the idea of speaking in a large groupd about my weight loss / gain is terrifying for me. I have never been comfortable with personal sharing in a group, and I am certainly not happy talking about weight loss, but I am hoping that IT will be good for me and help me get over these issues.

Hi everyone,

I am new to Slimming World, attended my first session last week and my first weigh in is tomorrow night.

I have not really done slimming world properly before, I tired doing it from home once a few years ago, and the red and greed days didnt work well for me, and doing it from home had very little motivation, but this time I am going to a class and its the Extra Easy plan I hope for more success.

I am getting nervous for my first weight in tomorrow, the idea of speaking in a large groupd about my weight loss / gain is terrifying for me. I have never been comfortable with personal sharing in a group, and I am certainly not happy talking about weight loss, but I am hoping that IT will be good for me and help me get over these issues.

Welcome everyone, i'm sure you'll get lots of tips and advice here :)

Beauty, it's been a few years since i last went to a SW meeting ( i'm doing it from home now) but i don't think you have anything at all to worry about. They were totally discreet, the lady just used to look at the scales and whisper the weight to you or sometimes just write it down. You certainly didn't have to talk about it!! Towards the end she'd congratulate those that had lost a lot or won awards or whatever but you were never once made to feel bad about staying the same or gaining and if you didn't want to talk about it you didn't because that opportunity didn't arise unless you particularly wanted to talk about it! And if you wanted to ask her a question you didn't want the others to hear you just asked her by herself, sometimes she'd even go in another room with you if you wanted to be very private. I can't guarantee 100% that yours will be like that but i'm 99% certain it will as i think that's the SW philosophy and you are perhaps thinking of other slimming clubs where you're encouraged to stand up and talk about it. SW just isn't like that so please don't worry :) xx Good luck

Hello. Though I would pop in here and say hi.

Was introduced to this website from a Digital Spy user who suggested I check it out as I had a query about syn values on there. Best advice I could be given. This looks like a great site and one I hope to use regularly in my quest to get to an, as yet, undetermined goal weight.

I joined my local Slimming World on 8th January, having been a yo-yo dieter for many years, but I am determined to see it through this time as I have my neices wedding next year and want to be slim and trim for that.

Will be lovely sharing my story and talking to you all on here over the coming months. :D

Hi, mY Name is Sam and new to this site. I have been doing sw on and off since January 2011 but recently started doing it from home as I can never get to a group. Looking to make online buddies to support me through my long weight loss journey xx

Hi, mY Name is Sam and new to this site. I have been doing sw on and off since January 2011 but recently started doing it from home as I can never get to a group. Looking to make online buddies to support me through my long weight loss journey xx

Hello there Sam and Mabbs, i hope you'll get plenty of help and advice from here. I've only been here a couple of weeks but have learnt so much already xx

Hi everyone, doin sw for the 1st time, only started on Wednesday so have my 1st weigh in in 2 days...nervous haha

Back