Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi new to this site but not new to Simming World, but thought it might give me a bit more inspiration. I have been a lurker for a while and tried out plenty of the recipes, but Christmas got in the way !!!!

Hi everyone I'm a newbie. I'm in my 4th week at slimming world and have lost 7.5lb so far, and have a huge amount more to lose! So far I am finding it easier than other diets etc. especially when cooking for the whole family (my husband eats like a horse!). I joined here as in the past I've always lost motivation a few weeks in as the end goal seem so unreachable but I'm hoping that surrounding myself with other people in my situation will help keep me on track! I really want this year to be MY year :)

Hi everyone I've been a member of Slimming World since last September and have lost 1st 3lbs so far. I did lose another stone before that by myself but joined a group to get more motivation and it's definitely worked! Hopefully this year won't have as many ups and downs regarding to my weight as my partner has just joined as of last week. So no more of him requesting takeaways once a week :)

Hi I'm a newbie and have joined this forum because my daughter is a member too. I used SW about 6 years ago and found it easy to lose weight. I am overweight and although never think of the weight issue I am aware of what dress size I would rather be :) I'm currently a size 16/18 and wish to be 14/16 by end of April if I can. Holiday to Cuba is the motive! I eat a healthy diet I know my failings .... chocolate and lack of exercise. Exercise now takes place twice a week swimming lengths and long walks.

I'm a full time foster carer for a teenage girl who is morbidly obese and although I provide a healthy diet at home I can not control where the pocket money goes!

Looking for tasty ideas for family meals x

Hi everyone I'm a newbie, I am going to my first meeting this evening so am currently doing as much research as I can! Any advice you can give me would be great! I have 3 fussy kids so worried about cooking family meals!

Hi, I'm just about to start SW for the third time. I did it about 3 years ago and lost 2.5 stone but put it all back on and more. Really need to lose at least 3 stone but am trying to do this without going to class.

Hi, just learning how to navigate my way around the forum, haven't long started just 2 weeks ago. I first lost weight 2 years ago with ww, 3 and a half stone but its easier to go back on. This time I'm giving slimming world a try and see how I get on, good luck everyone

Hi I am also new to this site and I joined SW for the first time last week (weigh in tomorrow!) I am just hoping that I have done it correctly - it just seems too good to be true to be eating the portions of pasta/potatoes and rice as I have been. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone with your weight loss journeys

Hi, just learning how to navigate my way around the forum, haven't long started just 2 weeks ago. I first lost weight 2 years ago with ww, 3 and a half stone but its easier to go back on. This time I'm giving slimming world a try and see how I get on, good luck everyone

Good luck with your WI tonight! and anyone else that is weighing in too!

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Thanks Valerie - good luck Sarg!

I had my first weigh in last nite and feel s bit disappointed - 1.5lbs off.

Are u all following ee? Not 100% sure I am doing things correctly?? Do I have to eat 1/3 of the foods all on the same plate at every meal? I did a spaghetti bolognaise with dried pasta - should I be having a ss on the side too to make it work?

Thanks Valerie - good luck Sarg!

I had my first weigh in last nite and feel s bit disappointed - 1.5lbs off.

Are u all following ee? Not 100% sure I am doing things correctly?? Do I have to eat 1/3 of the foods all on the same plate at every meal? I did a spaghetti bolognaise with dried pasta - should I be having a ss on the side too to make it work?
Hi Jules,
Welcome and well done on your loss, don't be disheartened as it is still a good loss.

You are supposed to have 1/3 superfree with each meal, you can include vegetables that you have put in the bolognaise like tomatoes, onions, mushrooms peppers etc or you can have vegetables on the side like a salad. I tend to have both as i find the more superfree foods the better i loose. Good luck with the week ahead.

thanks for the advice - much appreciated. I have tried to start a diary in the weight loss diary section and hopefully this will keep me on track! x

thanks for the advice - much appreciated. I have tried to start a diary in the weight loss diary section and hopefully this will keep me on track! x

Good idea then if you make any mistakes someone will point it out to u it takes a while to get ur head around the plan Good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone just had my 2nd weigh in & lost another 5lb!!! That's 10lb in 2weeks!!! So so happy :)

Wow well done Hun Fabulous loss xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello my name is Nana I've done sw a few times over the years. I am determined to see it through this time. I'd like to lose 4-6stones so taking it 7lbs at a time otherwise I get overwhelmed. I joined 9th January put on 3lbs on my first weigh in lost 3 last week. I'll Wi today at another class was unable to get to mind yesterday, I'll do a diary when I get the chance xxx

Back