Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi everyone new here but not to sw, did it 2 years ago and lost nearly 2 stone, but it slowly crept back on after baby again. As I am now done having children I am in this for the Long road now and want to get down to a healthy weight :)

Hello my name is Nana I've done sw a few times over the years. I am determined to see it through this time. I'd like to lose 4-6stones so taking it 7lbs at a time otherwise I get overwhelmed. I joined 9th January put on 3lbs on my first weigh in lost 3 last week. I'll Wi today at another class was unable to get to mind yesterday, I'll do a diary when I get the chance xxx

Hi everyone new here but not to sw, did it 2 years ago and lost nearly 2 stone, but it slowly crept back on after baby again. As I am now done having children I am in this for the Long road now and want to get down to a healthy weight :)

Good luck losing the lbs xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone! I'm not new to Slimming World but it's been a while since I followed the plan. I went to classes about 2 years ago and I'm rejoining on Monday as I lost motivation after I stopped going and have now put quite a bit of the weight back on. When I was going to classes, I used to read these forums but never posted! I'm hoping that by getting involved here it will help keep me motivated :)

Bridget x

Hi there

Sounds like we're in the same boat !!!

Looking for lots of motivation

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Yes I agree it really does help to have so many people wanting the same thing and understanding along the way! X

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi bridget - are u following EE? I have never done sw before so this site over this past week has been my best tool. Good luck with your weight loss x

Hi Everyone,I'm joining a Slimming World class on Monday evening. Looking forward to getting started but also nervous as I have failed at every diet I have been on. I'm off to Florida in June & would really love to fly out a few stone lighter. Been looking at all the inspirational photos hoping that I will be able to post some one day. Jodie x

Hi everyone!
I'm not new to SW - I joined a few years ago and lost 3st but quit after some life changes. Now I'm back on it and looking for motivation for me to keep going. I won't give up or quit this time. There is a lot riding on me doing it this time! I have set myself a goal of 2 years to get down to my ideal weight. I have a lot to lose and hoping that this forum can keep me inspired!
I'm doing the EE plan for the first time and finding it liberating but at the same time, a little too free if anyone understands that lol :)

Nicola x

Hello everyone!

I have just turned 30 and am determined to lose 2 and a half stone. I lost over 3 last time I did SW and am nearly back up to my start weight!!
As I can no longer get to class this forum is a huge help!

Love Kat xx

Hello everyone!

I have just turned 30 and am determined to lose 2 and a half stone. I lost over 3 last time I did SW and am nearly back up to my start weight!!
As I can no longer get to class this forum is a huge help!

Love Kat xx

Hi Kat!
I'm just about to turn 30! Hitting such a big bday must be a motivator for alot of us! :D
Good luck with your journey!
N x

A quick hello! I lost 3 stone with SW last year and was nearly at target, then fell pregnant so stopped attending SW (also to save the pennies). Now my little one is 11 weeks old and I've now got 4 stone to lose! I can't afford to go to the classes again so I'm going to use the books I had from last time.:rolleyes:

I'll probably spend a long time lurking! :D

Hi there,

I'm new too :) I started just over 3 weeks ago, the day after my second son's second birthday. I have about the same to lose as you, Alfietinker, and am also doing it from home using the books, magazines and this lovely forum!

Am weighing myself in kilograms at home, as it seems less scary that way, but converting the losses into pounds because that seems to motivate me! Can't believe how easy it's been so far, and am kicking myself for not having started sooner!

Look forward to chatting and getting to know people on here x

Hi all,

After trying all the get-thin-quick tricks in the book (and not getting thin, neither quickly nor slowly), I've decided to give SW another bash. I had a half-hearted attempt at it last year, after seeing my mum achieve massive success with it, but didn't really give it a proper go. I live in Italy, and I'll be doing red and green days - I found balancing the superfree element on EE too tiresome, and free access to too much pasta/rice/couscous/potatoes doesn't suit me, I don't think. I'm doing it at home with the books, and I've managed to get my boyfriend on board too, which makes it MUCH easier, since he's fantastic in the kitchen - this has the double benefit that 1) he won't be tempting me with delicious but evil things, and 2) he's managed to whip up some really tasty dishes using only free/superfree food. I'm determined that this summer won't be like last summer (using a sarong like a sari the whole time), and while I'd like to be somewhere in sight of my target weight come August, I'm being realistic this time, and hoping to just keep at it, no matter how long it takes!

I've often looked diet stuff up online and found the answers on this site, so I'm looking forward to being more active on it :)

hi this is my first ever time posting!

i'm doing slimming world at home and have 2 1/2 stones to lose :-(

had a look around the forums and looks like there is plenty of help and people to ask advice off (just gotta get use to the site) lol

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting so sorry if I do it wrong!

Just started slimming world yesterday. I currently weigh 13 stone and would like to lose 3 stone.

Still trying to get my head around the plan really! I'm doing Extra Easy.

Back