Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi all :)

I've been around for a few years (although more of a lurker than a poster!. At my heaviest I've been 14stone, I then lost 3 1/2 stone for my wedding but put most of it back on again after I had my daughter. I tried WW last year and lost half a stone but fell off the wagon after about 6 months :/

I'm now starting 2013 with a fresh slate at 13stone 3 1/2, joined SW yesterday and am going to try my hardest to lose the weight (and keep it off!). I've got a holiday booked in September for me, hubby and our 3 year old and would love to be proud of my holiday snaps instead of ashamed!!

Hi all

I'm new to this - I normally just search for information not comment. But as I'm really struggling to get my head in to it so thought I'd try to join in for motivation.

I originally put 5 stone on when I was pregnant with my daughter 3 year ago, after birth I got straight in to it and managed to loose 5.5 stone. I got below target and started trying for another. This time around I have put a massive 7 stone on!!! My son is one on Sunday
I have been trying since he wAs 6 weeks old and I've only lost 5 lb up & down all year. Im so disappointed in myself I just cant stop cheating.

I don't know how to get my head in to it and stick to it.
It's a vicious cycle and I'm hoping for motivation for all of you will be the push I need

Good morning! I did slimming world 3 years ago just through magasines and lost 1 1/2 stone - which was great - but its all gone back on :-( This time I have joined SW online. Set my goal at the 1 1/2 stone again, but wold love to loose more than that.

With your advice and support, I think I can :)

HunkyDory
xx

Hi,

OH and I have started SW from Monday this week - we decided that January was not a good time for us to start. We did SW about 2 years ago and I lost about 2st and OH lost 12st, so we know it works. Kind of fell off the wagon a bit but didn't put all the weight back on. Luckily, we now live further away from the pub and takeaway shops!

I want to lose weight to be more healthy, but if I'm honest, the bottom line is that I really want to be able to buy whatever clothes I like from whatever shop.

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi im exactly the same as you in that I just want to make myself stick to it and get to my goal - its so difficult. I have never done sw before and I have to say that I really am never hungry. I had my second weigh in last nite and have lost 1.5lbs again so 3lbs loss in total. I am sticking to the plan so fingers crossed I will lose a bit more as the weeks go on.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Jules x

Hi ladies, had my weigh in and lost 1lb! Bit gutted but suppose I should be happy that I lost anything after the weekend I had :) 11lb in 3 weeks isn't all bad.Out again this weekend so I've promised myself I'll be good...well kind of ;) xxx

Hi all,

I started SW in Jan as i get married in September and want to look the best i can. I'm hoping to lose around 3 stone before the big day. I've done SW before in the past, but always been to a class and i've seen good loses. At the moment i just don't have time to get to the classes so i've joined online.

I'm hoping i can get the support and encouragement from you lot to help me reach my goal :)

Hi everyone I re-joined again on Thursday. I have 4st to lose so hopefully I might be able to do it this time. With all the help and information on this site I'm feeling positive :)

Hi everyone!

I lurk here alot, but I have just signed up for Slimming World online for the first time. I have been debating giving it a go for months now, and finally decided to bite the bullet. Theres no classes where I live, would have to drive about an hour to the nearest one, so doing it online.
I'm 26, stay at home mum to 2 boys, age 5 and 14 months. Think SW is a good choice for a family plan! I have about 8 stone to lose.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and shifting this weight!

Hi everyone.

I started a calorie counting (diet?!) i preferred to call it healthy eating, around 6 weeks ago and I was doing great. But my meals were becoming very samey and my motivation towards the end was almost non existent.

I would love to go to Slimming World classes but I work different shift patterns every week so its hard for me to commit to that, but I have signed up online and feeling very positive about it. I have family members who swear by SW and it has worked for them. I was always amazed that they could eat normal(!) non diet foods/meals and still loose weight. I love the variety of the SW plan and I've already had a nosey through the recipes thread :)

I go on holiday in just over 10 weeks and would love to loose a stone by then, it seems a very reasonable and achievable target :) The long term goal is to reach 10st again! and if i could get under that I would be thrilled.

I must confess I am a serial weigh-er I wish I wasn't but it is far too tempting to jump on those scales every morning!

Morning all

I'll be a newbie on Tuesday, doing SW from home - there's no class near me and I was thinking about doing it online - But Minis is such a fab site, I'm sure I'll get all the support and advice I need right here :)

Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey. I'll be starting up a diary today in the Weight Loss Diary thread - would love to hear from you as/when you can pop by!

Susie

Hi Everyone!Im not a Newbiw to SW but am to Minimins!! JOined SW last June and have so far lost 1st 10.5lb, just 4lb to target and have been in that rut for 2 months going backwards and forwards with 1lb losses and 1/2lb gains! Needed some help and inspiration to hit my target so thought i'd join here and seem some fab posts already!

Hi everyone,
This is about my 6th attempt at sw.....but this time i am determined....have a very long way to go but need to do it for my 3 girlys (all under 4)and for my slf of course......very new to this sight so any help and advice would be welcomed with open arms.xxx

Hi everyone,
This is about my 6th attempt at sw.....but this time i am determined....have a very long way to go but need to do it for my 3 girlys (all under 4)and for my slf of course......very new to this sight so any help and advice would be welcomed with open arms.xxx

Good luck! And welcome, lots of support and help on here, we are like a big family hug, looking after each other!

Hi, I am Andrea.. Just joined up this week at my local SW group with my Mum. Initially went along to give my mum a bit of support but ended up signing up there and then myself! Really impressed with how flexible the plan seems, but hoping it will work for me and I stick to it as I have a tendency to lurch from one diet to the next. I gave up a heavy smoking habit in 2009 and put a stone on, which I am still trying to lose!

Looking forward to learning more and more about the diet..got loads of material to read! bye for now x

Hello aall my name is michelle i started slimming world again in November and lost 26lbs so far. I have a hell of a long way to go though. A few years ago me and my sister joined and both lost 5stone but I was in uni and she got pregnant and over a couple of months I had gained around 7stone.

I am still at uni but me and my sister started again but we needed to start again. I'm hoping to have another child so we will see if my fertility comes back when I lose more weight.

so yes that's me xxxxx

Hi there just joined a wanted to say Hello!!
I only need to loose a few pounds but really using this site to get advice and tips to reach optimum health also.

Hi,

Starting slimming world on monday and am hoping to finally reach my goal weight this year ... with over 3 stone to go this seems like the start of a long and hard journey but any change is positive! Good luck to everyone in achieving your goals ... we can do it!

Back