Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi I am a newbie here to Minimins. Have been doing Slimming world since October and have lost a stone so far. Feel like I need a bit of support so decided to join up to the site to help me along!

I am going to have a read of the success thread to provide a bit of inspiration!

Hi everyone!!!
I joined slimming world on Thursday, first time I've ever done any kind of diet that I've taken seriously (and has lasted more than a day lol) so fingers crossed this works for me!!
My initial target is to lose 1 1/2 stone by summer, doesn't seem like a lot but I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and all the women in my family start off skinny in their teens and gradually get bigger and bigger..and bigger! So I'm nipping it in the bud before it gets out of hand, and also so I can feel good about myself again as no longer like what I see in the mirror!
So far enjoying the meals, still can't believe how much freedom you have with what you can eat! I have an enormous appetite so it helps that I don't have to starve myself in order for it to work...

Anyway, looking forward to my sw journey and getting to know you all! Xx

Hi everyone,

I started my SW journey last Wednesday, really enjoying it so far :) Have had a day off program due to being away from home, but back on it now and hoping I've not ruined any chance of a loss showing tomorrow evening :)

Looking forward to sharing my success with you all :)

Hi everyone! I signed up for SW online last night, I have 2 stone to lose. Really like the look of SW plan and looking forward to getting stuck into it. Look forward to getting to know you all better x

Hello,

i have 11 stone to lose but have been following the Slimming World plan since Monday. So far so good! I did Slimming World when I initially found out I was pregnant and I was 20 stone then but stopped as morning sickness made it impossible for me to eat, I became a single mum-to-be and I was too tired to go to meetings! So to begin with i'm following the plan from the stuff I got 2 years ago but i'd like to go to meetings once i'm a bit more confident. The lightest I've ever been during my adult life is 18 stone and I'd love to drop right down to my target next year some time. With a 16 month old I want to teach him to make healthy food decisions and not teach him how to emotional eat! I'm feeling positive at the moment but it feels like I've got so far to go so I'm scared I'm going to give up. I'm finding this website very inspirational and helpful so with support I should get there! :)

Hi everyone! I started a week ago but buggared it all up on saturday (WINE!!) but "offficially" started Monday this week!
Now I'm excited & nervous but raring to go & ready to cook a nice potato curry in place of the usual saturday night takeaway(Which I bet doesnt really taste that great - its the wine i wash it down with!!)

Ive been at group for a few weeks but Ive just joined the forum so hello!! :)
Looking forward to getting to know people who are following SW!

Linsy

Hi Everyone I love SW and cant be without it its just a way of life.

New to the forum though and look forward to sharing ideas :)

Hi everyone

i've started slimming world again today (doing it from home). I was 1/2 stone from target before I fell pregnant but went back to eating loads so I now weigh a hell of a lot more than when I went to group a couple of years ago:(
hopefully I'll manage to do it again

looking forward to getting to know you all x

Hello! I realise we are no longer in 2012, but just wanted to say hi everyone.

I joined SW for the first time on 4th Feb this year (a few weeks ago) and have thus far had a few ups and downs, but overall lost 6lbs.

I would really like to drop a couple of dress sizes to size 10 (I'm not sure what this equates to in weight) but that's my goal. Given my track record so far, I think there will be a few ups and downs on the way... but a fantastic forum like this one will be a great way to keep informed and stay on plan.

Good luck to everyone else :)

Hello all

i have recommended slimming world but this time rund just can't get to groups but have the books from last October. Started last week and lost 3.8lbs this week.
Really enjoying browsing the forum and getting ideas.

Hi all,

I'm heading back to class this evening. I joined in Feb but really finding it hard to get my head around it. I can't accept we can eat all this food! Going to sit in on new members meeting tonight & I've a list of questions for leader! Hopefully I'll be on my way to target by this summer.

Hi everyone,
I started slimming world a week ago today. I lost some weight off my own accord but found it hard not getting distracted from my goal by my love of all things sweet! I want to lose 1st 7lbs so I can finally reach my goal. Had my first weigh in today (by myself as doing it from home) and I've already lost 3lbs I'm so chuffed and found the diet so easy definitely sticking to it :)
Good luck to everyone else!! X

Hiya guys.
I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks and thought I should introduce myself. I started Slimming World mid January and have lost a little bit of weight already. Haven't mananged to stay on track all of the time but I hope to now with the help of this site and being inspired by all your stories and recipes. I'm doing Slimming World online as I am a shift worker and I'm following the green plan as I'm a vegetarian. Good luck to all those on the diet. :)

Hi all,

I'm heading back to class this evening. I joined in Feb but really finding it hard to get my head around it. I can't accept we can eat all this food! Going to sit in on new members meeting tonight & I've a list of questions for leader! Hopefully I'll be on my way to target by this summer.

Fire them at us, we might be able to help. And yes you can eat all this food and lose weight....

Hi everyone I have been doing slimming world since last April and have lost 3 stone 5.5lbs. Thin I have between 1 and 2 stones to go but my gal is to get into a size 12!

well come .to you all .this is a realy good site .as everyone.is so helpfull .so please ask if you get stuck and need help .:scale:.we all go up and down at times .:devilangel:.so keep on this site lorna x

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Thankyou!

Hi everyone,

Im following SW after losing 6 1/2 stones on various other eating plans. But now i'm well and truly stuck and nothing is shifting. I need something that allows me healthy filling meals with the odd treat. I've tried calorie counting on an off over the years but I need a bit structure and i've followed SW before (lost 4 st - put it all andmore back on). I love reading everyones food diarys for ideas and I've read all about the EE plan but for now Im sticking to alternate green and red days. x

Angie x

Hi my name is Chris, I lost 3 stone on sw two years ago, but then left with another there stone to go. Over next twenty months put twenty pound back on, 6 Weeks ago I rejoined sw but have only lost 4 lb, I just can't get myself to do it rather than not understanding it, what's wrong with my commitment I did it before, any suggestions please all welcome.

Back