Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi All, Ive rejoined today as just cant motivation to stay on track at home. Plan to get 12 week countdown next week (payday haha). Ive got 23 wks tili go on holiday, would like to loose 2 stone for then x

Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Hey everyone! Joining SW Thursday for the 1st time & even more excited since finding this app, hoping it will be me showing u all my before & after photos soon x

hiya everyone, im jodie im 24 and a mum of two. im currently 11st 11 and 2 stone over weight! im joining slimming world tomorrow night, first meeting at 7pm.
i lost 1,5st on ww but couldnt stick to the counting and pointing everything! im starting running again, or should i say jogging so this should help my weight loss eventually!
i want to lose weight to look and feel better, keep my risk of high bp down (i had high blood pressure when preg with second baby) and hopefully get to and maintain a healthy weight for 3-4 years so when we decide to have another baby i will be in better shape than i was this time round!!
im so glad i found this forum as im confused about the hole slimming world thing lol!!

Hi,
I decided to give Slimming world a try again as I can't seem to stick to anything and feel I need to do something that is a lifechange and not just a quick fix. I have alot to lose and really want to get there. I would love to join a group but my nearest SW group is 15 miles away . So I am going to keep coming on here to keep me motivated with you guys. I think I found SW hard before as I was not very organised. So that is my second goal.
Im doing EE at the moment but might change depending on how I feel.
xx

Hello :)
I'm Leanne and I am officially joining SW next Thursday (after payday) but thought I'd join this forum now to give me a feel for the plan!

I was my heaviest last year at 14st3 but lost a stone and a half just by eating less and going to the gym. I then got lazy and the weight has crept back up to 13st. I do not want to gain it all back so it's time I stop thinking that the weight is going to fall off by my not doing anything. I know that these clubs work and I need the structure to keep me motivated and teach me how to eat properly. Plus a lot of people at my work have joined and all have been pretty successful (and they were all serial dieters so clearly SW works)

I'm looking forward to getting started!

:D

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Well my fist sw meeting was... Well different its scared me to know that they DO sit in a circle and she DOES read out your weight loss or gain! Argh :( i think im going to struggle with this!!

Hi all,

Been a massive lurker around here since I started Slimming World with my better half back at the beginning of November. Now six months and almost three stone down the line I figure it's time to actually make an account and contribute when I can. I can totally relate to LinxMinx21 the first time I went, it was a bit cringeworthy to say the least (especially the end bit and the dreaded first weigh) BUT without it, I don't think it'd work for me. The guidance the groups give you and the discipline knowing that you have to go and be weighed and face up to the week you've had keeps you motivated and helps you keep going :) As one forum newbie to another, stick with it - it's scary, but it works!

Hi all,

Been a massive lurker around here since I started Slimming World with my better half back at the beginning of November. Now six months and almost three stone down the line I figure it's time to actually make an account and contribute when I can. I can totally relate to LinxMinx21 the first time I went, it was a bit cringeworthy to say the least (especially the end bit and the dreaded first weigh) BUT without it, I don't think it'd work for me. The guidance the groups give you and the discipline knowing that you have to go and be weighed and face up to the week you've had keeps you motivated and helps you keep going :) As one forum newbie to another, stick with it - it's scary, but it works!

Hahahahahaha! Loved this post! Especially "Been a massive Lurker" I thought it was just me who still used it!

Hi all,

Thanx hun, im being good becausr i dont want the humiliation of gaining, im a very shy and anxious person as it is and ill go beetroot red when she says my name!! Ill get there tho im sure of it.. And well done on the loss!!

Hi Im new to the site today, been doing slimming world for 4 weeks now and loving it :D I have lost 7lbs so far and love the fact I never feel hungry. This site looks really usefull and it's great knowing everyone on the same boat trying to lose some weight and here to help each other. So a big Hello to everyone:wavey: and I hope to get to know you's all better x

Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi Im new to the site today, been doing slimming world for 4 weeks now and loving it :D I have lost 7lbs so far and love the fact I never feel hungry. This site looks really usefull and it's great knowing everyone on the same boat trying to lose some weight and here to help each other. So a big Hello to everyone:wavey: and I hope to get to know you's all better x

Welcome Jacqui.. I'm in the same boat as you, I was new to the site yesterday & started SW 5 weeks ago lol =)

Hi everyone. My partner proposed!!! Wedding in just under a year and finally got my head round dieting and want to look back at our wedding photos and be happy with myself. Saying that, won't be going to a class until the week after next as have my birthday next weekend, have loads pre planned and desperately want to start with nothing to hinder my first few weeks. I've been reading all your stories, diet tips and plans and actually looking forward to starting this journey. Wish me luck and continued good luck to you all x

Last edited:
Hello! I lost a stone with Slimming World about two years ago but stopped going to meetings and lost self control! I rejoined tonight and will be starting the plan tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going food shopping to get lots of healthy things in. Hopefully I'll be in it for the long haul this time. :)

Hi everyone, room for another? I joined this website last year and have been pretty inactive on here since jan 2012 but i am now back and on SW EE plan. I get weighed on a Wednesday and i help with weighing or taking the money meaning i HAVE to go.

I need lots of encourgament and new recipe ideas or i eat the same thing for lunch every day. x x x x

Hi everyone, room for another? I joined this website last year and have been pretty inactive on here since jan 2012 but i am now back and on SW EE plan. I get weighed on a Wednesday and i help with weighing or taking the money meaning i HAVE to go.

I need lots of encourgament and new recipe ideas or i eat the same thing for lunch every day. x x x x

Im eating the same stuff too, iv looked online for meaks tho and some good ideas, im picky and dont like fish much or red meat! I cant understand how i can eat all these carbs and lose weight

Hi all!

Officially starting SW on monday though whether this is from home with old books or at a new group im not sure yet. i did it for a short time last year so understand the concept its going to be the working out syn values etc that i will struggle with so might buy a food directory on ebay to help. ive got around 2 stone to lose so will be here for a while. looking forward to speaking with you all and sharing our journeys xx

Hi Everyone, I started on SW last Monday and I'm really enjoying it! I'm doing the Extra Easy plan and it barely feels like being on a diet at all. I've been reading a lot about it and I'm prepared for it to be slow weight loss but I'm willing to stick it out and feel like I will be able to do it on SW. I've got loads of weight to lose and done loads of diets in the past, the latest one being a VLCD which just made me feel so ill. I think Slimming World is good because it will be slow and steady weight loss whilst at the same time teaching me how to eat healthy and proper portions. So yes, feeling positive about it and I think this forum will help maintain my motivation. Looking forward to chatting with you all :)

Back