Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Eyup! :) I've just joined Minimins, after poaching recipes and hints from the forum since before I started SW back in January this year. :D

It's been 11 weeks (though really only 8 were 'on plan') and I think I've built up enough tips myself to start giving back a bit! :p
Just wanted to introduce myself, and see if there was anyone else with a similar weight loss/goal/journey who wanted to buddy up?

Looking to ideally have a BMI of 21 and need to lose 1st more to get there.

It all seems a way off right now, but I have my interim goals, my Club 10 to look forward to, and I'm just taking each day as it comes :D

Anyone fancy helping a newb out?

Hi all, I'm Emma, just joined Slimming World this morning and have found my way to minimins when having a mooch around google for some yummy recipes! Have been meaning to do this for a LONG time and I know there's a long road ahead of me but I'm actually looking forward to it which is odd lol! :) so yeah, please excuse me while I figure out my way around!

Saying a quick hello to introduce myself. I'm a SAHM with 3 kids and I'm doing SW at home as there isn't a class near me - I have been to class in the past but it's just not possible now. I don't have much to lose really so will need to be very strict I think.
I signed up to minimins ages ago, but never really go stuck in (I was CC).
I'm looking forward to having a good look round and getting to know a few folks

Hi everyone,

I'm Tasha and I started (or I should stay re-started) Slimming World at home. Yesterday was my first day back.

I did SW for the first time last year and for the first 5 weeks it went great - I lost 1st 7lbs in 5 weeks. Then I went back home (abroad) to visit family and the different food really threw me off. I managed to maintain my weight since then by eating SW style meals, which seemed to keep my snacking from putting too much weight back on. But these past few weeks, as the sun has started to come out more and the prospect of another overweight summer was looming I decided to get back on track. I hope you guys can support me on this journey!!

A little about me: I'm a PhD student working on Political Theory. I've always been happy with myself as a person - I'm smart, funny, have lots of friends, and consider myself to have a pretty lucky life, despite some hardships. When I was younger I wasn't overweight and I ate healthily. But I think that my weight gain started in my teenage years when my mother got into a horrific car accident. She now lives at home but needs full time care. She was the one who would do the shopping and cook all the healthy meals and keep my brother, sister and I from snacking on unhealthy food. We all (including my dad) knew how to cook and take care of ourselves, but I guess the stress got to us all and we slipped into bad eating habits - more out of convenience than anything else, I guess. And you know what they say, old habits die hard!

Fast forward 12/13 years and I'm fully independent and know perfectly well what healthy food and healthy eating habits are, but I have a real weakness for chocolate and junk that I give in to rather more often than I should. It's kind of weird - and I don't know if anyone else here gets the same thoughts - but I think that because I am so happy with who I am as a person, I get frustrated with myself for worrying about my appearance. I rationalise eating too many sweet things by telling myself that my brain and my personality are so much more important than how I look. And while I know that that is the case, it shouldn't become an excuse (?) for weight gain, especially when I am not happy about my appearance. I think that when I get frustrated I turn to junk food and then just try to rationalise it - but it's a vicious circle that I am trying to break.

Anyway, after this rather long ramble, I guess I just wanted to say hi to everyone, explain a little about myself and my weight gain, and say that I am looking forward to being successful on this journey with you all!

Here's to being happy with our physical selves as well as who we are :)

Hello,
I joined SW last Tuesday so last night was my first weigh in. I'd had a good week so I was looking forward to the weigh-in but then the scales told me i'd lost 3lbs and I was really disappointed. Felt like my efforts in the week hadn't been rewarded and at one point, I honestly thought I would cry! Silly I know but I have at least 8 stones to lose so only losing 3lbs in my first week, the week that most people generally lose a big number, made my target weight seem even further away. I was still quite down about it this morning but then I came on here and have chatted to a few different people and they have been so encouraging and supportive and I feel so much better now. Yes i've got a long road ahead of me but i'll get to my target and i'll enjoy some yummy, healthy, home cooked meals on the food-optimising plan along the way. Wish me luck!!! :)

Hi everyone, I'm Elley and I am looking forward to loosing some weight!

I have tried just about every diet there is - and lost weight but have always put it back on due to it either being to hard or not being able to maintain it.

I am doing this from home with the help of some very good friends who are fantastic with it so will do my best.

In an ideal world I would like to loose around 4 stone but would settle for 2 1/2 for now.

xxxxxx

Hi there,
Congrats on your weight loss! 3 lbs in a week is great :) My first weigh in is on Monday and I'm already getting nervous as I agreed to go to lunch at a colleagues place on Saturday and don't want that to throw off my first week! I guess I'll have to start saving my syns just in case they make something non-SW friendly...

Hi found minimins a week ago, am doing SW from home lost 3 lb first week happy with this. Gathering lots of interesting recipes to try. Feel really motivated love the site.

Hi everyone.

I was here 2 years ago when I lost 2 stone... and now I've put it all back on again :-(
I've been thinking about restarting this WOE and today at work.... I bent over..................... and SPLIT MY TROUSERS!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha. OMG. So... tomorrow, is day one!

Hi Everyone
I have been in the Exante Forum for around a month, but due to health issues, I have had to stop, so its SW all the way for me now. Started Saturday and am starting to get into the swing of it.

Really looking forward to supporting and getting support from all you lovely people.

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello, I'm Kathleen. I'm 19, I tried this last year as a new years resolution... Lost half a stone, and decided I didn't need to loose weight...

People kept telling me I was getting bigger, been on it a full month, only lost a few pounds. I have zero motivation.

Hi, I started last Tuesday!

I'm not huge but I've not been happy with my weight for a while so decided to shift these pounds!

Oh sorry, I'm a married, work from home mother of 3. :D

Sorry again! I've figured out how to add my signature but I can't find the option to add my bmi info? It's not showing on my post and I can't find the option to add it?

Hi all, I've been doing SW for almost 4 weeks (next weigh in Wednesday!) and I found minimins when I was looking for recipe inspiration. Loads of great info on here, hope it will help me when I'm struggling.

Hi all :)

I'm Andy and just joined SW online (starting tomorrow!) and have loads to lose but just taking it one week at a time. Hope to get lots of info on here and contribute when I can but will probably be lurking for awhile until I get to know what I'm doing.

It took me awhile to figure out how to post!

Hi all :)

I'm Andy and just joined SW online (starting tomorrow!) and have loads to lose but just taking it one week at a time. Hope to get lots of info on here and contribute when I can but will probably be lurking for awhile until I get to know what I'm doing.

It took me awhile to figure out how to post!

Welcome Andy! I'm new too - in my second week of the plan and it's going well. This site is a godsend for me as I can't go to group and I find that on days when I'm having major cravings then a quick look on this site puts me back in focus! Here's to shifting that weight :)

trying to find my way around

:welcome2:

Welcome to all Newbies 2012

This thread is designed to give you a place to say Hello and to help you navigate the wonderful SW forum of Minimins :D

Introduce yourselves below, say hello, tell us about your plans :D

There is a massive amount of information on the forum, all designed to help you with your weight loss journey - it's just a case of finding the information on here.

Take a bit of time to look around, read through the stickys and the sub-forums. These have been created at the request of minis users, and at first may appear confusing, but they do help locate information without duplicate postings - and they also keep the main SW forum board clear.

The search facility is very useful - remember, someone has probably asked the question before;)

The first section on the forum is for all the sub-forums and I've listed some of them below:

Syn Values

Please post all syn value requests here Syn Values - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Some of the most frequently asked syn values are stuck - e.g. syn free yoghurts, joes sausages, ready meals. If your post isn't answered as soon as you'd like, please don't duplicate post in the main forum.

Healthy Extras

Please post all healthy extra queries here
Slimming World - Healthy Extras - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Recipes

Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

This is where people post their favourite recipes but also a place to ask "what can I do with......" or "how can I cook......"

Food and Weight loss diaries

There are 2 sub-forums for diaries, if you want to post your foods use the food diary thread, if you want to post your weight loss journey then post in the weight loss diary thread.

Eating out

Slimming World - Eating Out - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

This is for Chinese, Indian, Italian, Pub Grub, Wetherspoons etc

And the wonderfully busy Off Topic sub-forum for anything non SW related. We are a chatty lot on here!

Slimming World Off Topic - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

The second section is for Stickys

These are threads which have been part of the main forum at some point, and which people have found very useful so have asked for them to be "stuck".

Finally there's the main SW forum for anything not covered above!!

Welcome one and all - hope SW and 2012 is your plan and your year -go ahead, say hello!!

Hi my name is sue im new to minimins and keep getting lost lol. I have joined slimming world for the second time and its going good :)

Hi my name is sue im new to minimins and keep getting lost lol. I have joined slimming world for the second time and its going good :)

Welcome sooty!

If you like you could set up a food diary in the SW forum here to keep you on track.

Here is the link Slimming World - Food Diaries

You will find Post New Thread at the top of the forum.

This next thread will help you make your way around and if you need any help please ask:)

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Hi I am a newbie :) read through a few posts on here think I will find this forum really useful. Some of you have had brilliant weight loses well done. I am on my 3 rd day almost seems I'm eating to much to be on a diet but I guess that's why it works so well. I am already excited about going for my first weigh in lol x

Back