Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Welcome Andy! I'm new too - in my second week of the plan and it's going well. This site is a godsend for me as I can't go to group and I find that on days when I'm having major cravings then a quick look on this site puts me back in focus! Here's to shifting that weight :)

Thanks Tash - I agree this site is great as there is so much info and support available. I don't go to group either but that's just because it doesn't really fit in with work and it's not really my kind of thing, tbh! Hope your weight loss goes well too :)

Hi I'm Lynne, starting Slimming world next week. Going to join online this time, tried SW before on my own but lost motivation after i got pregnant again so need to start all over. Have 5 and a half stone to lose and thought this forum would be a great place to find some inspiration! x

Hi everyone, my names Kirsty and I joind slimming world two weeks ago. First weigh in was on movday and I lost 3lbs :) Still abit confused by it but loving all the recipes and for being on a diet im never hungry :) xxx

Hi all, my names Lee and started SW end of Feb. Bit daunting as not many males there but soon felt very welcome. Have lost 1 stone and half a pound so far so working for me. Have started swimming, cycling and got a cross trainer so that helps a lot. Hope to find some good family recipes on the forum so don't have to have different meals for the family.

Hiya

My names Elspeth and I've subscribed to Slimming World online. I've been a club member twice before but as I'm a nurse, and on shifts (working with people with learning disabilities) it was not always possible for me to make the classes in my area! So, the thinking this time round is if I've paid up front I'll use the online tools,get brilliant support here and if I cheat at all then I'm only cheating on myself and wasting my money! Be nice to hear from any one else in a similar situation

hope to speak soon

Elspeth xx

Hiya

My names Elspeth and I've subscribed to Slimming World online. I've been a club member twice before but as I'm a nurse, and on shifts (working with people with learning disabilities) it was not always possible for me to make the classes in my area! So, the thinking this time round is if I've paid up front I'll use the online tools,get brilliant support here and if I cheat at all then I'm only cheating on myself and wasting my money! Be nice to hear from any one else in a similar situation

hope to speak soon

Elspeth xx

hi elspeth :welcome2: im new here too and have tried sw on my own at home before and managed to lose 2 stone, then however put it back on so here i am again fro round 2, i am considering joining group but not sure if thats is best or if like you i should do the online version! either way i have to do one of them! xx

Hi, I'm new here, loving the forums, I'm enjoying finding my way around! :)

I re-joined Slimming World last month but haven't started as well as I'd have liked, although, as has been pointed out, a loss is a loss! :) My first target is to get below 20 stone, no time-scale, but ideally this year.

I've got around 12 stone to lose, so I think I might be around for some time, lol, and I just wanted to say hi to everyone. xxxx

Hey guys, I like to pop in every now and then and say hi to you all. Welcome aboard, I hope you have a great time searching the boards and finding out really useful advice on syn values, recipes, plans or just to generally chat or get stuff off of your chest. They're a great bunch here and always willing to help. I always personally recommend looking at the before, during and after photos some have posted. Be warned, you may lose yourself for an hour or two but if that doesn't motivate you, I really don't know what would, they are totally inspirational. Good luck on your journey everyone :)

Thanks Jeanne, everyone seems so lovely! I've been having a sneaky look at those before and after pictures, such an inspiration! I'm going back to get motivated even more... :)

hi all i'm an oldy coming back as a newbie :wavey:just need to make up my mind if i should join sw online :eek: have you seen how much it costs LOL xx

hi all i'm an oldy coming back as a newbie :wavey:just need to make up my mind if i should join sw online :eek: have you seen how much it costs LOL xx

I know bit pricey! I am going to group for the first time on monday night, i had the same dilema though couldn't decide whether to do online or group, did it at home myself last time and lost 2 stone but gained it back then some so here i am again! xx

Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello.... IM NEW! I can't quite get over how much I'm allowed to eat...! My problem has always been portion control and over eating..... Can I really lose weight with Slimming World having large portions as long as I stick to the free foods etc? I'm jst not used to being allowed to eat pasta and potatoes etc... Xxxx

Hi Lynne xx
this will be my 3 time doing sw both times i went to a class & most of the members just seem to go for coffee & have a laugh & i still bump in to some of the members now & they still look the same & that was 2 years ago maybe i8ll just join to get the new pack ??

Hello.... IM NEW! I can't quite get over how much I'm allowed to eat...! My problem has always been portion control and over eating..... Can I really lose weight with Slimming World having large portions as long as I stick to the free foods etc? I'm jst not used to being allowed to eat pasta and potatoes etc... Xxxx

:welcome2: yes if you follow the main principals you should never go hungry! im new to and this time i am going to group, start monday! did sw at home last time xx

i thought that the first time i went but it does work :) i find it realy strange that one diet says eat one thing & another says don't :party0011:but atleast we wont starve

Hi Lynne xx
this will be my 3 time doing sw both times i went to a class & most of the members just seem to go for coffee & have a laugh & i still bump in to some of the members now & they still look the same & that was 2 years ago maybe i8ll just join to get the new pack ??

im hoping group will keep me more focused this time, thats the plan anyway! i spoke with the consultant today and she seems really friendly xx

That's good Lynn :) I'm going to a wedding reception tonight so I'm starting in the morning I have to do it & stick to it this time because I'm the weight I was after my 1st boy 11 years ago I found out my old saw books out from 2010 my lowest weight was 11.2 1/2 & now I'm 13 :-( xx

That's good Lynn :) I'm going to a wedding reception tonight so I'm starting in the morning I have to do it & stick to it this time because I'm the weight I was after my 1st boy 11 years ago I found out my old saw books out from 2010 my lowest weight was 11.2 1/2 & now I'm 13 :-( xx

i am hoping to get back to my pre kids weight too! i got down to 10st 10lbs at my lowest but now i am back at 13st 1lbs (just hope official weigh in doesn't say more!:eek:) xx

Hey guys - I'm sure we can all get to targets if we stick to the plan. I've stuck to EE for the last 2 weeks but am thinking of changing back to green/original days - I seem more able to make better choices and stick to them - I'm struggling to get my head round the amount needed of superfree foods -

Just told my hubby about doing sw again why don't men understand B-)

Sent from my Arc using MiniMins

Back