Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hello :) I'm a newbie on here. I have done slimming world in the past and have started again this week. I am doing it at home as I struggle to get to groups with young children and a husband that works long hours! I have some new books to help me. Ive taken my weight and measurements and will do them again every Tuesday.
Good luck to everyone else starting!

Hiya, I'm new! I joined slimming world last week - going for my first weigh in tomorrow - wish me luck!

Hello all, just joined SW on Monday. So far it's going OK, but so shocked that some of the foods I was eating I thought were reasonably healthy are high in syn values.

Think I'll learn a lot from it.

Hi, just joined in the last half hour, and I wondered if there is a thread for 2013 newbies please?.....Polly

oh! I see I'm already on the thread.
I have at least 4 stones to lose, a friend pointed me to this forum and I've been reading it almost daily for the last 3 weeks, and learning quite a lot. Not quite sure how to get the ticker for weight loss actually onto the page,,,but am sure I'll get there eventually.
Tomorrow is my 3rd weigh in, so I have everything crossed, 3lbs the first week, 3lbs the second and Slimmer of the week, so very chuffed.
Hi to everyone! :)

Last edited:
ooops! I've said Hi twice now on different threads, just found the 2013 Welcome one........me thinks I'm getting lost!

This is kind of a new hello from an old member :wavey:

I joined here back in 2010 I think and I was kind of doing my own thing to lose weight (or try to), then joined Slimming World but gradually gave up as I'd always done in the past.

Fast forward 2 years and I am mummy to my fabulous little boy Dylan born in April 2012; when he is 12 weeks old I am at my heaviest I have ever been.

It still took me 3 more months before I joined Slimming World and I haven't looked back. Yes it is taking a while to lose the weight, I have up weeks and down weeks but the difference this time is I keep going back no matter how bad my week.

This time I'm sticking at it and I will get to my target weight!

Hi, I'm Sam. New to slimming world and doing it from home. Got all my books and food directory and hoping to lose 2.5 stone of baby weight I've had for the last 5 years. My downfall is evening snacks of mainly chocolate and biscuits :(

Hi, I started SW 5 weeks ago and I'm looking for some extra support in between the group sessions. Today I had a terrible day as sometimes things do not go as planned :cry:hopefully reading a bit more will help me to reach my goal and learn more about healthy eating.

Hi I'm Sharon. I joined SW in April 2012 and got to target! Since getting there I have unfortunately slipped and put 1.5 stone back on :'(. I went a little low last time so I am hoping to loose a stone but have struggled to get back into it as I'm finding some of the food bland so looking for new ideas and hoping to buddy up on here to get motivation :)

Hello All,

My name is Kirsty and I have 'come over from the dark side' as my group says and moved from Weight Watchers over to Slimming World having had no success with ProPoints and getting obsessed with the old points system. I am getting to grips with Extra Easy and cannot get over how much food I am eating and enjoying without having to count calories and pointing everything! I have paid upfront for 12 weeks and am so dertermined to lose the weight (again... I lost 9 stone on WW and put 4 back on) I am loving Slimming World so far.... am keeping my fingers crossed for a good loss on the scales next Thursday.

I am really looking forward to chatting to people on here and getting some inspiration from those that are doing soooooo well!

Kirsty xx

Hi everyone, I've been doing slimming world for some time now, I lost 4 stone then had a blip for a while and put a lot back on, I've tried losing on EE but it just doesn't work for me, so I'm back on Reds which are working better, I hope to get to target within a year, less if possible! I usually use Facebook and belong to a lot of groups and run my own too, thought I'd give this forum a try, hopefully will get chatting to you all :)

Hi i started a week ago today ... lost 3lb ... doin it all from home ...... first week has been easy ... google has been my bff HAHA .... anyone feel free to follow my diary .. im a veggie so will be doing pure green days :)

xxx

Hi everyone, im new to the site and im joining slimming world tonight...havnt been for a few years and need to get my backside in gear! Looking forward to sharing tips and tricks with everyone..made the super slimming soup today and im gonna try have it everyday for lunch! Hoping for a extra special result for my first weighin ;)

Another newbie. Planning to go to my first meeting tomorrow evening, with thanks to the voucher in Reveal mag this week! I have lost 5 stone on Weight Watchers but really struggling with the plan and getting so bored of pointing. I absolutely love cooking and trying new recipes so thinking Slimming World might be right for me. I have so many friends who have done tremendously well on Slimming World so I am so excited to start this next step in my weight loss journey! Fingers crossed I can lose 1 stone before my friends wedding at the end of August!! Really looking forward to getting to know this forum and enjoying the wealth of information and support I've seen from browsing!! :)

Hey there - I joined a little over a week ago, going around the houses a bit :D I did SW about 6 years ago, kept the weight off for a few years and then started eating all the stuff I make with my youth groups :eek:

So back to it - getting lots of helpful advice and support on here - thanks everyone :)

Hello girls (and some guys too!)

nice to finally be a part of the discussion (rather than just be lurking :busted:)
I have lost 5lbs in my first week and am now waiting for my weigh-in on Wednesday. I missed week 2 due to work commitments.

Hoping for a nice amount of loss but I have been quite naughty and had an Chicken Korma, half a Peshwari nan AND dessert ( but it was my 1 year anniversary with my boo :cupid:)

So yeah I look forward to getting to know you all better :)

Helloooooo, I joined SW about 5 weeks ago and lost 18.5lbs so far (im well chuffed). But still got a long way to go until my target weight of 13stone :)

Helloooooo, I joined SW about 5 weeks ago and lost 18.5lbs so far (im well chuffed). But still got a long way to go until my target weight of 13stone :)

That brilliant in such a short space of time - well done!!

Hi to all Newbies.....Im a re-new-newbie!! This is my 3rd time starting slimming world, I am re-joining tonight. Let's hope I actually do something this time - I am always full of good intentions but my will power lets me down, it bolts at the first hurdle, hopefully not this time!

I'm Sarah and I'm wanting to loose 8 stone :). I've done slimming world before it had healthy extra and I got bored. But with this one I'm not and really excited. My GP has prescribed orislat (sp?) as my weight is effecting my bone condition.

Back