Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi ladies, and welcome, I joined SW the end of May and here a week later. I found SW a bit confusing to start with, especially getting different values for the same food, but If you are on the green, you stick to the green values, the red,,, the red. Personally I like EE, because it's easy for me to understand, and because it's working for me. There's loads of helpful ladies (and gents) to answer questions, so have a rootle round, and join in where you like. a Christmas LBD challenge (little black dress) that is popular so if you've set a target for Christmas, pop and have a look, You can see the MOST POPULAR DIETS on the blue bar, click on that and you will see SW at the top with all the threads. Good luck xx:wavey:

Hi all. I originally did slimming world in November last year and lost a stone. Sadly I caught a nasty chest infection over Christmas that stopped me going to the classes and wrecked my motivation. Since them I've tried every diet and plan under the sun with no success. I even tried hypnotherapy. Ultimately I've decided to come back to the only plan that worked. I've re read my slimming world book and doing EE.

Hi all. I originally did slimming world in November last year and lost a stone. Sadly I caught a nasty chest infection over Christmas that stopped me going to the classes and wrecked my motivation. Since them I've tried every diet and plan under the sun with no success. I even tried hypnotherapy. Ultimately I've decided to come back to the only plan that worked. I've re read my slimming world book and doing EE.

Hi all.....
I have decided to return to SW after coming back from our family holiday, hot and fed up.
I have tried SW several times and given up, got sick and tired of 1lb off 1lb on constantly. Approximately 15 years ago I did really well on the diet, although back then there was just red or green days.
I need to lose about 4 - 5 stones, and at 43 I am not sure if I can manage it!!!
I cant go to group as I work shifts, so have signed up online, I am hoping that this will be enough.
BUT I MUST BE POSITIVE.
Tomorrow I start, I have already done my week plan and I will not take my purse to work with me, if there is no money in my pocket I cannot be tempted to pop into the shops for a snack!
I CAN DO IT THIS TIME, I MUST DO IT THIS TIME....

Hello
I'm new just joined today ,
I'm enjoying slimming world but always up for new inspiration :)
Looking forward to getting familiar with the diet :)

Hi all.....
I have decided to return to SW after coming back from our family holiday, hot and fed up.
I have tried SW several times and given up, got sick and tired of 1lb off 1lb on constantly. Approximately 15 years ago I did really well on the diet, although back then there was just red or green days.
I need to lose about 4 - 5 stones, and at 43 I am not sure if I can manage it!!!
I cant go to group as I work shifts, so have signed up online, I am hoping that this will be enough.
BUT I MUST BE POSITIVE.
Tomorrow I start, I have already done my week plan and I will not take my purse to work with me, if there is no money in my pocket I cannot be tempted to pop into the shops for a snack!
I CAN DO IT THIS TIME, I MUST DO IT THIS TIME....

Welcome. they still have red and green plan but I think EE is their main plan now. I totally understand been hot and fed up, I can't hide under layers in the summer and seeing everyone in shorts looking great in them is annoying. I agree about taking no money to work, I sit next the work tuck shop and its sooo tempting. The only disadvantage of bringing no money is the constant staff collections for birthdays, weddings, babies etc. So I keep a spare quid. Lol :p

Hi all,

I very new to all this in fact it's my first day ever on SW. I've borrowed a few magazines from a friend as my nearest meeting isn't until Wednesday. I'm very excited to start a my friend looks amazing and it all down to SW. I this the place to come for support?

:wavey:Hi and welcome to you all. Good luck on your WL journeys, I hope you're all successful. Right time of the year to join, lots of salad days! I've got a lot to lose too, and the only thing I can say, is my head is in the right place, big loss (have only had 1 in 6 weeks) or small, doesn't matter it's still a loss. I would say be prepared for odd weeks of STS, or even a little gain, if you stick to the plan, it WILL come off. I'm still sticking to EE because it suits me, but have a friend who sticks to red days, and we lose about the same.
Keep in touch, it's nice to see how everyone is doing x
If you'd like to copy and paste my "fat chart" please do...that's 1lb of fat every week till Christmas...I've printed it and stuck it up in my cupboard to cross the lbs off.

Hi all,
I joined on Saturday after seeing a pic of myself. However instead of reaching for sweet treats to console myself I have decided to do something about it so I just wanted to say hello to everyone!!! I am trying to get my head around the plan and this site. I use to do WW so it is difficult to believe I can eat all this food and loose weight, especially the rice and pots:eek:. I have made the commitment to just go with it and give a month to see if it really woks and I will keep coming on here daily. looking forward to be being slimmer :eat:

Hi everyone I have rejoined slimming world after having my baby 5 mth ago so I feel that I am ready now to get back to it, but things have changed since a year ago so wondered if anyone knows of any good free foods etc x

Hi I started sw for the first time 3 weeks ago,very nerves as I feel like I'm the biggest girl in my family. But I am very happy to say that I have lost 8lb in 3 weeks and reached my half a stone award in 2 weeks :) Rhi x

WELL DONE!! x

Hey :) just joined this, (and I'm slightly confused lol) but I've been reading up on it for the past 2 weeks since starting the SW plan, it's been so much help!! I've been doing the plan alone.. And I'm so happy I've lost 7lbs in 2 weeks, which leaves me with 11 more lbs to lose to get to my target! I've been doing mostly red days with the odd green, the whole EE concept has confused me abit, but I'd like to try it since its now the main plan for SW! Suggestions would be so helpful!

Last edited:
Hiya all,

Am trying SW from home after only doing groups for 4 weeks..........but need to lose this weight! So pleased Ive found this site. I have posted a thread but can't see it anywhere so not sure I will get any responses!

Good Luck to you all,

Jules xx

I've been doing sw for a month but new to mm today. Think it's going to be fab on here lots of ideas and suggestions !

Hi, I'm a 31 year old mum of 2 boys. I'm trying to get back into sw, but finding it tricky on my own.
I used to go to meetings but we moved to Macau, China 18 months ago and the weight is slowly creeping back on.

Hello I'm Sam and rejoined sw yesterday after an 8 month break. Have 1st7.5lb to lose and want to lose it by the time I go on my holidays in October.

I feel like I've been a member of this forum for ages but have only just registered today so i can officially post!

My name's Cat and I joined SW (at a group) on 22nd May. I've lost 7.5 lbs so far on SW and have lost a further 3 stone since March 2012 by calorie counting & exercising ...

I've joined SW as I wanted to break free from the relentless weighing and measuring of food as I was getting quite obsessed with it all. I'm enjoying SW but I wish the weight was coming off quicker ;-P

Looking forward to posting more :)

Back