Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi, I am Fi. I joined SW about three months ago and with a few weeks off due to an operation I am 1lb off of my 1.5 stone award. hopefully this coming week will see me getting there.

I joined for some support and to get some recipe ideas and such.

Hi, today is my first day and I'm 10st 7 and my goal is 8st 7. I've tried loads to diet before but never last more than a few days

I have to say I've tried almost every diet in the book, but this is the first time I've actually managed to stay on track for more than a couple of weeks. This is SO easy and you can eat so much, I rarely think about snacking and am never hungry. Just stick to plan and it will come off. Welcome BTW x

I Will 2nd that Polly. Also I can see myself a lot slimmer by the time winter comes to.
It is so easy. Its just listening to your head rather than your belly. As you know in your head what is good for you !!
Welcome everyone.!!!

Hi guys.

I'm Sara, looking to lose about 7 st overall on slimming world. Managed 11lb so far and enjoying it. Still a long way to go.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated :)

Hi, today is my first day and I'm 10st 7 and my goal is 8st 7. I've tried loads to diet before but never last more than a few days

I started 12 weeks ago at 10.11 and have set my target to loose 2 stone like you. So far I have lost 1stone 7.5lb and I am thinking of changing my target as I am so happy with how I look now. I never stick at diets, including the previous time I did SW, but this time I found it my g easier. Good luck to you

Allo!

New to forum but not to SW. Started back in September last year but completely lost it over Xmas then Easter.

Revamped out weekly menus etc 3 weeks back and lost 5lb's so far in last 3 weigh-in's

:wavey:Hi and welcome...you haven't put your statistics on so don't know what you want to lose. I think the food diary that I keep at home keeps me on track. I've failed every diet in the book, but like AB says (on your original thread) SW is so easy, just pick the plan that suits you. I live on my own so don't have to cook for anyone else, but when I have my Grandies here...I get VERY tempted...so far have resisted.
Always remember to fill 1/3rd of your plate with veg, that's all super-free, and then what's left with free stuff. there's such a huge choice it's easy to vary meals, especially if you like to experiment. More awkward if you're cooking for family as well........but hopefully your children will be eating healthily too.
I had the daily diaries from group, but now I keep a book, I've divided the pages in half, first column Super-free, opp one is Free, down the page I have SYNS and at the bottom healthy A and Healthy b.....and I can see at a glance what I've had each day. I know some people can't be bothered, and just keep check in their heads, but I find it really helps me.
Good luck on your journeys xx

AB I didn't know you had a diary....the link is on the other page, but not here with your signature xx:confused:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm new to slimming world. Have been doing my fitness pal for a while but a friend recommended SW. I've about a stone to lose and am just getting my head around this!

Hi. New to the site and SW. I'm going to try going alone as time is never on my side and will hopefully be using this site a lot to help me along the way. I may end up joining a local class but I will see how this goes for me first.

Hi all. I'm new too, both to the site and to SW. I'm hoping to discover lots of ideas for recipes and meal plans as I'm a bit of a 'paint-by-numbers' gal - I don't seem able to come up with my own plans and would rather get suggestions.

i was happy with the first WI as I lost 3lbs. Last week I lost 1.5lbs and was a little disheartened. I know it's still a loss, but I had hoped to lose 3lb a week each week :eek:

That's a little about where I am at the moment,
Stitchy

Hi ladies, your losses will go up and down, even when you eat the same things, just don't get disheartened, if you're sticking to the plan it WILL come off xx

Hi All - im new... I just started SW and on my first weigh in on thurs I had lost 8lbs! Delighted with myself!!! All was going well but I had a bad day yesterday - im devestated - i just ate all around me... im heartbroken - i feel like crying... I know its childish... i was just doing so well. All I wanted this week was a maintain anyway but I know now that il have piled the 8lb back on after sundays pigfest
Devo
:(

Hi All - im new... I just started SW and on my first weigh in on thurs I had lost 8lbs! Delighted with myself!!! All was going well but I had a bad day yesterday - im devestated - i just ate all around me... im heartbroken - i feel like crying... I know its childish... i was just doing so well. All I wanted this week was a maintain anyway but I know now that il have piled the 8lb back on after sundays pigfest
Devo
:(

I've one this before on other diet plans. As long as you get straight back into the swing of things the next day you should be fine x

Hi all,

I'm new to SW and Minimins. My GP has given me a 12 week SW on referral, and I attend my first group tomorrow night. My consultant was on the phone within moments of me registering with their head office, so I'm really impressed :)

I have a friend who also does SW who lent me her books a week ago, so I've been following the plan since then. I'm taking quite large doses of steroids at the moment, and its making me want to eat everything in sight. So, although I don't seem to have lost anything since I started, I haven't gained anything either, which is good!

I have 6 stone to lose, but I'm starting with a mini goal of 5% or 10lbs. I have degenerative disc disease and put on masses of weight when I stopped being able to be as active as I had been. My main motivation is my health, which has been frankly cr*p lately. I've been admitted to hospital 4 times this year with my asthma and I'm fed up of feeling like I'm not in control of my life. So I decided the single biggest thing I could do for myself would be to lose weight, which would in turn help my back and my asthma.

OH is going to do the plan with me, but doesn't want to go to group. He works away in London a lot, and its far too easy for him to eat masses of calories in a working lunch and room service, so he's fired up too.

Looking forward to lots of tasty recipes and lovely support :)

PGxx

Hiya I think this forum is a fantastic idea I joined weight watchers in 2009 and lost about 3 stone, I've slowly noticed some weight creating back in and what to knock it on the head. I tried the new weight watchers pro points but really didn't like it and couldn't get in with it, so I'm wanting to go back to following the weight watchers discover plan, is anyone else doing the same, and is there a page dedicated to this as I've forgotten the basics of the plan and would appreciate some help and advice to kick start it again! Thanks I look forward to reading more from the different forums!

Mel xx

Hi Ladies,MEL LOU..at the top of the page... left hand side, you'll see MOST POPULAR DIETS, and if you click on that the drop down menu will show WW and you can ask on there, OR check to see if someone has already asked the same question, good luck x
PG, when you join you will get your own books and your consultant will fill everything in for you, and also a goal of 10%...(10%) of your present weight, and when you reach that you will get an award. There'll be lots on the way...1/2 stone, 1 stone etc, and I think as you reach each step it gives you lots of incentive. Good luck both of you on your journeys x

Back