Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hey, I'm a newbie but a returner to SW! Hoping this time to make it work for me. I've tried everything else but SW seems to work best for me. Not sure exactly how much I have to lose but its about 4-5 stone. Anyway - just wanted to say hello!!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site but have followed SW before. I took a break from it whilst pregnant and now have a gorgeous 5 month old! I was lucky not to put too much weight on during my pregnancy but now I'm back on the pill and can eat whenever I want the pounds have started to pile back on - eek! Really need to lose half a stone by the end of August which I know is possible but I'm really struggling so thought I'd join a forum to keep reminding myself that I shouldn't eat non-stop! Would ideally like to lose a stone overall...

Hello, I am new to Slimming World, (or any diet actually). I started my journey 3 weeks ago and have already lost 10lb - although the loss appears to be slowing now. I found this site and have been a regular visitor since. Great advice and support on offer. My partner and I are in this together (she'd like to loose her baby weight - we have a 3 month old (our first) so it's now time to get healthy.

Hi Everyone! I'm Shellie and I've been a member for 9 weeks and have lost 23lbs. I absolutely swear by SW and would love to get to know people who are enjoying it as much as me!! Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journeys :D xx

Hi Shellie, I'm enjoying it too, have been on 7 weeks and lost 17lbs so far, well done on your loss, come and have a chat! xx

Thanks louisem81, good luck to you too - yeah, it makes it a lot easier when you both do it - I wouldn't want to watch my partner scoffing biscuits while i'm eating carrots :)

Hello!
I'm on day 3 of SW. Did do WW but couldn't get back in to it. I have to say I'm really enjoying myself ( that sounds really weird I know) I'm enjoying how much is free. We'll see if too much on WI day lol.
I have been nosing at the forums for ages. You've all been really helpful so far :)

SNAP AB!!
It's nice to be able to chat and there's loads of helpful tips and people around to give you a boost if needed x

Hi there I'm doing sw at home and have just started last week and lost 2 lb still trying to work out how the plan goes ! But must be doing something right to lose 2lb

Hi Everyone! I'm Shellie and I've been a member for 9 weeks and have lost 23lbs. I absolutely swear by SW and would love to get to know people who are enjoying it as much as me!! Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journeys :D xx

You have done so well !! Keep it up ! I've only just started sw at home so still reading up on it . Although I have lost 2lb in 1st week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi. I've been doing slimming world from home for two weeks today. I chose the diet because a friend lost a lot of weight on it and said she was never hungry.
I've lost 8lb! Only two of that was this week. I went for a big birthday meal at TGI friday last week and a wedding reception so that's good.
My goal is 9 1/2 stone. Started at 11 1/2. I'd been 10.10 for seven years and just suddenly started climbing this year. I'm 5'4" and a large build. I'm curvy too so 9 1/2 is as thin as I can go wthout looking ill. I carry my weight well and people are shocked to find out how heavy I am. Perhaps that's due to being a large frame (I took this from the wrist test.)
I have pcos and the women in my family pile on the pounds in their 30's. A couple are diabetic/type 2. There is also high blood pressure. I also have IBS which has been fantastic the last two weeks!!! My stomache is so happy. SW Extra easy is really cutting down most of my triggers.

I've had some really disordered eating habits. Bingeing on sweets crisps and chocolates and soda instead of proper meals. I crave salt and carbs and nuts. I thought if I had full meals I'd gain weight. But I was eating junk. And obviously as I've gotten older my body doesn't want this. I'm going to be a primary school teacher and the training is very intense for a year. I need to be fit and healthy and comfortable in my own skina nd clothes.

Slimming world is helping me re-evaluate my choices. It's really just fancy ways of saying what a proper balanced diet is anyway. It makes veggies and fruits a challenge. Treats really are a treat. But I don't like pasta or rice much. I'm sure over time I'll have re-taught myself to eat properly and change my taste buds.
But...I'm finding meals to be very bland and salads are so hard to eat with fat free dressings. Part of it is me adjusting I guess.
I start an intense training course in september and I'll be taking packed lunches, my husband will be cooking the family meals and it will take a great deal of organisation to make sure I'm eating ok. I am at home now until september so I'm free to plan and prepare every meal. And will take advantage of pick your own with the children. I have 20 lb left to lose and at 2lb a week I'd nearly be at goal before my course.
I'm thinking already about maintaining. Because I know that I can stick to slimming world and lose this weight over summer and if not I worked out that even at 1 lb a week I'd be done by Novemeber. I've been reading round and there's no way I can just add extra B's and A's I could add an extra A but rarely a B. I'd rather increase my syns but spend them on meal ingredients like oils and flour and the odd pastry rather than sweets, sodas and crisps. 30 syns and one extra a or b would really make me happier. It would just increase the quality of the flavour of my food so much. I'd still vary my diet and look for areas where those bits wouldn't make a difference. I'm learning better portion control already and will continue to have 1/3 superfree food.
Or I thought that the no s diet would be good maintainance as that has led to weight loss in the past (just very very slowly.) You can google the site. It is very basic..no snacks, sweets/desserts or seconds except sometimes days that begin with S and special days. It's just a sensible three meals a day way of limiting excess calories from puddings, chocs and so on. But I'd still make sure that my meals are not unnecessarily fatty. I'd allow myself fruit snacks though because I get shaky if I don't snack.
My son is on a necessary high fat diet due to a health condition so meals are a little tricky to cook altogether. I have to give him fatty sides, higher fat lunch boxes and extra cheese and sauces. Soemtimes it's easy to cook us different sausages or give him my chicken skin.

So although I'm finding food a bit samey and not very exciting, I'm learning a lot through the SW diet and I am seeing results.
My biggest challenges are....I'm not keen on chicken/turkey or tomato based dishes. I miss my coconutty curries. I'm not very keen on pasta. A week's holiday self catering at the end of August. Every lunch and dinner will be eaten out. I think as long as I don't pig out I should be ok.

I've got the summer hols now to spend time planning and shopping. So I am sure I can mix things up a bit and have plenty of time for slow home cooked meals.
I probably won't post a great deal but I've used this site so much for ideas and info and wanted to say hi. If you can reccomend any good threads for maintaining that would be good. I've searched a few but obviously you long termers will know helpful ones.

Thanks. Nice to meet you and see you on the slimmer side.

Last edited:
Hi all I'm Michelle. I've struggled with me weight for the past 10 years. Finally doing something about it by joining sw and love it. I seem to be on a very long winding road to target as have had alot of stress recently and have been up and down. I need to lose 2st 9lbish to my target (not sure if I will look too thin or if I will need to lose a bit more) and so far have managed 10lbs. You will see me around alot as I found this site 2 days ago and love it already! Good luck to all on your sw journey :)

Back