Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi everyone,

Day 2 of SW after making the switch from WW and loving it so far. I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I do and so far 0.5lb off - seems like a good start to me considering the amount of food I was allowed to eat yesterday! Will have to see how I get on at the first WI :)

Hello I'm new to this site and really need to loose weight, I need advice on which plan to choose, I have looked at both SW and WW. and would really appreciate some feedback. I am 5 foot 2 and weigh 12 stone so have a long way to go. TIA

Hi!

I'm new too. I have done WW and now on SW. I think there's a thread here somewhere that is SW vs WW. I think it is a personal choice as to what kind of plan you think will suit.
Good luck :)

Welcome ladies, I think a lot of it depends on if you want to count everything you eat everyday,as in points and calories. The only thing I can say is whatever plan you choose, keep a daily diary. You will get to learn the values of everything as time goes by. I like SW, and keep a diary but I like the EXTRA EASY plan...and the only thing you have to count are the Syns. There's lots of recipes, and loads of free, super-free and super-speed foods, and for me there's more than enough to choose from. Whatever you decide on, Good Luck x

Hi Everyone,

Decided to start my slimming world journey after having my little girl a couple of months ago. Really looking forward to using this site for support and ideas.

Good luck everyone x

Hi everyone.
This is my first post on this site-been lurking for a while! Need to lose weight as have put nearly 3 stone on (its taken a few years!) since I was at my lowest weight (I went very skinny due to having an overactive thyroid). 3 months ago I had my thyroid removed, and am now @ heaviest weight ever (which isn't massive but it is for me!) Can't afford a class, so have dug out my old SW books and hope to get some inspiration and motivation from you guys on this forum.
I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 11 stone 11 pounds (weighed in @ Boots this morning). Saturdays will be my weigh days. Good luck to you all, and I'd appreciate any help/comments. Thanks, Nicola :D

hi i have been following the sw plan about 5 months now i have lost around 10 pounds, i have had a lot of health problems since starting hence only loosing so little but i still find websites like yours very helpfull and although the weight is only coming off slowly, it is coming off, i have around a stone more to loose so i will be following everyone and with a bit of luck will finally get there .....

Hi all,
Decided to do slimming world as I don't want a fad diet that will last a few weeks. Hopefully this will change my food choices for life. Ideally I would like to lose at least 2 stones, found this site a great help already :)

hi, i am hoping to start next week! Need to just my head around a few things then im all set to go! im hoping to follow the Extra Easy plan....and im doing it at home on me own! xx

hi i have been following the sw plan about 5 months now i have lost around 10 pounds, i have had a lot of health problems since starting hence only loosing so little but i still find websites like yours very helpfull and although the weight is only coming off slowly, it is coming off, i have around a stone more to loose so i will be following everyone and with a bit of luck will finally get there .....

Welcome to you all, I am new too (two and a bit weeks in)

Hope you all have a great week and enjoy this site. I am finding it very useful and friendly already :) x

Hi all,
Decided to do slimming world as I don't want a fad diet that will last a few weeks. Hopefully this will change my food choices for life. Ideally I would like to lose at least 2 stones, found this site a great help already :)

hi, i am hoping to start next week! Need to just my head around a few things then im all set to go! im hoping to follow the Extra Easy plan....and im doing it at home on me own! xx

Hi everyone.
This is my first post on this site-been lurking for a while! Need to lose weight as have put nearly 3 stone on (its taken a few years!) since I was at my lowest weight (I went very skinny due to having an overactive thyroid). 3 months ago I had my thyroid removed, and am now @ heaviest weight ever (which isn't massive but it is for me!) Can't afford a class, so have dug out my old SW books and hope to get some inspiration and motivation from you guys on this forum.
I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 11 stone 11 pounds (weighed in @ Boots this morning). Saturdays will be my weigh days. Good luck to you all, and I'd appreciate any help/comments. Thanks, Nicola :D

Hi Everyone,

Decided to start my slimming world journey after having my little girl a couple of months ago. Really looking forward to using this site for support and ideas.

Good luck everyone x

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this. Have signed up for SW today. Fingers crossed that I can a) stick to it and therefore b) lose some weight!

Support and motivation welcomed!

:)

Hi there , so I am going to be "40" at the end of September. I don't want to be fat @ forty ! I want to be fit @ forty . So here I am again on another path of my fight to lose this weight once and for all !! I want to lose 3 stone . I am on my 3rd week of s/w and have lost 7 lb already doing original days. I am realistic I know that 3 stone - or 2 and a half now in 8 weeks is pushing it but at least I will feel better. Looking forward to using this site :0) x

hi all, im new to sw and the forum its my first time doing sw I need to loose 3 stone as ive been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and the pain might ease if I lose weight,
tonight is my first weigh in and im dreading it!
xxx

hi im new to the site just joined SW last week. weigh in today, very nervous but fingers crossed
x

Hi everyone! Wow so much information on this site I know I'm going to be an addict! I started 2 weeks ago first week lost 4lb but second week sts, but i've done slimming world in the last and I'm a slow loser... Sticking to plan 100% So looking forward to next weeks weigh in!

Hi there
I joined SW at the start of July and have lost 10lbs so far determined to be slimmer for birthday in September and I have a trip to New York which I want look great for!

Looking forward to reading some helpful hints and great recipes ideas!

Emma x

Hi there
I joined SW at the start of July and have lost 10lbs so far determined to be slimmer for birthday in September and I have a trip to New York which I want look great for!

Looking forward to reading some helpful hints and great recipes ideas!

Emma x

That's a great loss well done :) good luck for September!

Back