Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi yellowturtle. I'm new here too. 2nd weigh in Monday. Hope I lose some. Been really good but weekend habits are really hard for me. ESP lager. On fri and sat nights. Well done on your loss so far.-- hope I
keep up with you on 11's you'll be there soon xx

Hi yellowturtle. I'm new here too. 2nd weigh in Monday. Hope I lose some. Been really good but weekend habits are really hard for me. ESP lager. On fri and sat nights. Well done on your loss so far.-- hope I
keep up with you on 11's you'll be there soon xx

Morning Kazzah, thanks for your reply :) I have had a slow week this week (considering I lost 3 pounds the week before.. All be it two pounds of that is what I had put back on the week before that.. :/) so I think I'm going to struggle with even a pound off this week :( I think I am going to post my food diaries this week to try and get some ideas from other people.. Not sure where to post it though? This site is a tad big for a newbie! Good luck with your journey and let me know how you get on :)

Hello everyone :)

Joined the site a few years ago but have done nothing since! Haha.

But now I've decided on my chosen diet, which will be SW and my target weight. I'm ready to go!! :D

I'm doing it all at home as I'm a little strapped for cash, saving for my holiday with my HO to Italy in October.

Ideally I would like to have dropped a dress size or 2 by then but we'll see.

Any ideas or tips would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction as I have no idea what I'm doing haha.

Worried I may struggle a bit with lunches, as I work full time and I'm so fussy. I tend to fall back to tuna pasta or sandwiches. :confused:

Hopefully being on here will help! Already discovered lots of yummy recipes to try.

Kirsty xx

Hi all,

I'm starting SW from tomorrow. I've kind of been following the rules on and off for about 8 weeks but be properly. I want to a stone in total and am going on holiday in 4 weeks (I know I won't loose it by then by every little helps)! I'm usually pretty well behaved with breakfasts and lunches mon-fri but it's evenings and weekends that I'm the worst. I have a really bad sweet tooth and my BF does too- except he's stick thin, eats anything he wants and never puts on a pound!! I'm really hoping that I can keep myself motivated and on track to stick at it.
I'm not going to the groups for a couple of reasons. I know they do weekly weigh ins but does it make a difference when u weigh? Day, time etc?

Hello everyone :)

Joined the site a few years ago but have done nothing since! Haha.

But now I've decided on my chosen diet, which will be SW and my target weight. I'm ready to go!! :D

I'm doing it all at home as I'm a little strapped for cash, saving for my holiday with my HO to Italy in October.

Ideally I would like to have dropped a dress size or 2 by then but we'll see.

Any ideas or tips would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction as I have no idea what I'm doing haha.

Worried I may struggle a bit with lunches, as I work full time and I'm so fussy. I tend to fall back to tuna pasta or sandwiches. :confused:

Hopefully being on here will help! Already discovered lots of yummy recipes to try.

Kirsty xx

Hi. I also struggle with lunches :-( if I don't plan u generally don't lose weight that week cos I end up buying a sandwich!!
I try to take some healthy soup in a flask or salad with meat and low syn dressing. Or potato salad or pasta salad fill me up :)
I'm also going to start taking in some mug shots incase I get peckish in the afternoon to stay away from unhealthy snacks.
But have to have willpower don't know what your works like but people always bring in chocs etc!!!

I am so disappointed today... One pound back on after what I thought was a good week.. :confused: Am going to try reducing my portion sizes slightly and mixing up the days, lets see if next Monday brings better results!

Hi. I also struggle with lunches :-( if I don't plan u generally don't lose weight that week cos I end up buying a sandwich!!
I try to take some healthy soup in a flask or salad with meat and low syn dressing. Or potato salad or pasta salad fill me up :)
I'm also going to start taking in some mug shots incase I get peckish in the afternoon to stay away from unhealthy snacks.
But have to have willpower don't know what your works like but people always bring in chocs etc!!!

Thanks for the reply Rainbow :)

Well I work in a nursery and if feels like the children are constantly eating haha.

They come in, 8am have breakfast, 9.30am toast, 11.30am lunch, 3.30pm dinner/snack. As long as you're eating what the children are eating you can eat with them. Trying my best not to eat with them haha. Just have something before I leave and then something for my lunch. Fridays are the worst though! Fish pie day and chocolate flap jacks :( haha.

I feel I'm in the mind set now so hopefully I'll be fine.

Bought lots of mug shots at the weekend - very handy!

I find mixing a chocolate alpen light bar in with my muller light vanilla yoghurt curves my sweet tooth.

xx

I am so disappointed today... One pound back on after what I thought was a good week.. :confused: Am going to try reducing my portion sizes slightly and mixing up the days, lets see if next Monday brings better results!

Aw. Feel for u. Dont be too down about it. I lnow its disappointing buy it gives you a Chance to look at whats working and not working for you. Good lick this week!!!! :/) I'm going for first WI in an hour. Hope I've lost - feeling a bit nervous x

Hi All,

New to this site and to Slimming world. Me and my husband are off to our first meeting tonight! I have about 2stone to lose, he has a bit more. We have 3 boys, the three of them have their own special needs so are hard work but wouldnt change em!

Hi All,

New to this site and to Slimming world. Me and my husband are off to our first meeting tonight! I have about 2stone to lose, he has a bit more. We have 3 boys, the three of them have their own special needs so are hard work but wouldnt change em!

Welcome and Good luck to you both x

Hi All,

Hi Mrsbeard,

I'm new too!

Good luck :)

xx

Woo hoo. First weigh in tonight and I've lost 2.5 lb since I started on plan last Wednesday. Feeling good x. Good luck to all newbies xx

Woo hoo. First weigh in tonight and I've lost 2.5 lb since I started on plan last Wednesday. Feeling good x. Good luck to all newbies xx

Aw well done!

I've got a whole week to go haha.

xx

Good luck kirsty88. Sure you'll be shouting woohoo next week. Keep us updated x

Haha hopefully!

Will do. I'm ok today I'm on an early so finish at 2.30. Too early for me to eat before 7am so no breakfast. I resisted toast with the children! Got a mug shot and yogurt for dinner.

So first day isn't looking too bad haha xx

Thank you all. Well done Kazzah! I gotta wait 6 days yet! I resisted buying scales in Asda today! So far so good though, did my first SW food shop (bank balance took a bit of a battering though!) Done Soup for freezer for hubbies lunches. Had breakfast (2 bananas) Lunch (beans on toast, 1 slice) boiled egg and another banana.

We are having curry loaf and SW chips tonight with cheese :)

Hey niccinoo
Do you have a page or diary that I can sub too !!

Hey autumnbabe. How r u? No diary or page im afraid, just random posts, tbh I dont even know how to make my own page etc! Lol. Also if u can help, how do I get notifications for when someone writes on the same thread as wanted to keep up with all the other newbies but have only just seen this by trawling through them all!

Hi everyone :)
Im Kaye, im 31 and married with 2 boys.
I've been on and off SW for a number of years the last being Jan 2012. I have 6 months till I graduate as a nurse and I do not want to be the "fat one" in my photos. I am joining the local group in the morning and I am determined to lose weight and stick to the plan.

Back