Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Well I'm back from first class and my weight was near enough what I thought. Got all my books and shopping done. I am going to do the 7 day menu I found online to kick start me. X

Thanks for the reply Rainbow :)

Well I work in a nursery and if feels like the children are constantly eating haha.

They come in, 8am have breakfast, 9.30am toast, 11.30am lunch, 3.30pm dinner/snack. As long as you're eating what the children are eating you can eat with them. Trying my best not to eat with them haha. Just have something before I leave and then something for my lunch. Fridays are the worst though! Fish pie day and chocolate flap jacks :( haha.

I feel I'm in the mind set now so hopefully I'll be fine.

Bought lots of mug shots at the weekend - very handy!

I find mixing a chocolate alpen light bar in with my muller light vanilla yoghurt curves my sweet tooth
xx

I know exactly how u feel Kirsty, I used to work in a nursery too and the temptation of all the food when the kids are eating is so hard! I always use to be snacking with the kids, then eating my own lunch on lunch breaks! Ud think most of its healthy enough but unless ur the one cooking it, u just never know eh!
Well if ur in the right mind set, im sure ul be fine!

Hi all,

I'm starting SW from tomorrow. I've kind of been following the rules on and off for about 8 weeks but be properly. I want to a stone in total and am going on holiday in 4 weeks (I know I won't loose it by then by every little helps)! I'm usually pretty well behaved with breakfasts and lunches mon-fri but it's evenings and weekends that I'm the worst. I have a really bad sweet tooth and my BF does too- except he's stick thin, eats anything he wants and never puts on a pound!! I'm really hoping that I can keep myself motivated and on track to stick at it.
I'm not going to the groups for a couple of reasons. I know they do weekly weigh ins but does it make a difference when u weigh? Day, time etc?

Hi newbie. Must say I read ur post and it reminded so much of my OH, eats whatever he likes and doesnt put on a single lb...in fact im sure sometimes he loses weight after diving into his big bag of sweets, while I sit with my 'treat' alpen bar or mini WW cake! Lol.

Just wanted to wish u luck in ur new journey. Iv been following SW for about a year and half now (with a 6month break while travelling) but I weigh from home too rather than go to meetings, once u get the hang of it, its surprisingly easy! I weigh on a Friday morning, just my preference as then if I do have a little 'mishap' over the weekend, I have a full week to get myself back on track before next weigh...I dont think it matters when and what time as obviously groups run all different days/times etc, just preferences and try to make it the same day and time each week...oh and dont weigh every day! Lol :)

im an old newb but doesnt look like any of my old mates are here anymore ;-( oh well new friends it is xxx heres wishing everybody luck and hoping my diet goes well.

Hi All about to restart my s w journey got married in May and now trying for a baby so would like to lose some weight, hope I can find some inspiration on this site :)

Hello! I just started SW on Monday and ive already made SW chips, crisps, kfc fakeaway and ate more ham than the average pig could yield.
Now. Heres my thoughts.
I like to just grab food, eat it and get on with my life - i like easy. Before monday i would have a big bowl of cereal for brek, a sandwich for lunch - whatevs for tea - i would snak on cr*p - crisps, chocolate, etc etc.
This plan doesnt accommodate ANY of that - and thats good, but this transition to removing the cr*p is confusing me :(
Brek / Lunch are basically HEB options, but you can only have 1 - so do you pick to have a relatively normal brek OR lunch - and depending on what you choose - do you settle for a fruit lunch or a cooked brek - and thats if you have the time to cook. Or do people still keep the regular style (cereal and bread) brek and lunch or use them as syns?
This morning i was called to work for a few hours, so my oats sat in fat free yoghurt awaiting frying up and turning into pancakes went awfullly wrong as i was rushing and ended up eating just a plate of slightly charred yoghurty oats with egg and sweetner ;/ *sigh
Dont even get me started on the supernoodles/pasta n sauce debate, although - if i average only a few syns in the day - one of these for dinner (with extras - veg MORE ham / chicken whatevs) thrown in would be fine AND i could always have something else like a jacket with prawwwns?

I guess my first post / rant sounds bad - its not meant to be! Im only on day 3 and have so much more to learn, this is like a lifetime sized jigsaw and i only have a a piece of it and im excited to be to get bits clicking into place, but until then im going to have a face like Tara Reid explaining whalesharks. Ive researched what i can for the moment, the most important thing was the chips! I guess once i start going to recipes in more detail the inspiration will flourish?

If anyone has any links to anything ive ranted about - feel free to message or post them! Is there anything that when you may have been in a similar boat that helped you out - reading success stories? Daily food records? Where can i find some of those.

The dinner thing - im happy as larry about that because essentially its not a major change for me, i used to eat prety good/healthy anyway- its just the waking up and getting to dinner part im having a little issue with. Finding easy things with minimal cooking 'on the go' which i dont think theres much of - unless someone can help open my eyes?!

Thanks!

Congrats leedscury on your wedding and good luck with your weight loss! I've been doing SW on my own but decided to go to class to keep me on track!!! Good luck with trying for a little one too!!!

Hi Jem1 Thank you :) I also tried on my own but need the class the fear of standing on the scales does it for me! Lol I am a similar height and weight to you so hope we can spur each other on! Good Luck on your journey and everybody else too!

Hello! I just started SW on Monday and ive already made SW chips, crisps, kfc fakeaway and ate more ham than the average pig could yield.
Now. Heres my thoughts.
I like to just grab food, eat it and get on with my life - i like easy. Before monday i would have a big bowl of cereal for brek, a sandwich for lunch - whatevs for tea - i would snak on cr*p - crisps, chocolate, etc etc.
This plan doesnt accommodate ANY of that - and thats good, but this transition to removing the cr*p is confusing me :(
Brek / Lunch are basically HEB options, but you can only have 1 - so do you pick to have a relatively normal brek OR lunch - and depending on what you choose - do you settle for a fruit lunch or a cooked brek - and thats if you have the time to cook. Or do people still keep the regular style (cereal and bread) brek and lunch or use them as syns?
This morning i was called to work for a few hours, so my oats sat in fat free yoghurt awaiting frying up and turning into pancakes went awfullly wrong as i was rushing and ended up eating just a plate of slightly charred yoghurty oats with egg and sweetner ;/ *sigh
Dont even get me started on the supernoodles/pasta n sauce debate, although - if i average only a few syns in the day - one of these for dinner (with extras - veg MORE ham / chicken whatevs) thrown in would be fine AND i could always have something else like a jacket with prawwwns?

I guess my first post / rant sounds bad - its not meant to be! Im only on day 3 and have so much more to learn, this is like a lifetime sized jigsaw and i only have a a piece of it and im excited to be to get bits clicking into place, but until then im going to have a face like Tara Reid explaining whalesharks. Ive researched what i can for the moment, the most important thing was the chips! I guess once i start going to recipes in more detail the inspiration will flourish?

If anyone has any links to anything ive ranted about - feel free to message or post them! Is there anything that when you may have been in a similar boat that helped you out - reading success stories? Daily food records? Where can i find some of those.

The dinner thing - im happy as larry about that because essentially its not a major change for me, i used to eat prety good/healthy anyway- its just the waking up and getting to dinner part im having a little issue with. Finding easy things with minimal cooking 'on the go' which i dont think theres much of - unless someone can help open my eyes?!

Thanks!

Hiya, I have added you as a contact but we wont be able to connect properly until we have both got the required number of posts as far as I can work out. Are you going to a class or doing it on your own ? I presume as you are only having one of each healthy extra you are doing the extra easy plan ? If you look in your pack there is a book about Green and Original plans. On both of those you can choose once or twice from the A section and twice from B, but they have different rules than the Extra Easy plan, if you find your wanting more than 1 A and B it might be worth checking out :)

Hi my name is Urszula and I have just joined this forum. I had a look around and I've seen some great stuff on here and so am looking forward to being here for this journey.

:wavey:Welcome to all of you. I haven't been here very long myself but OhCarolina there's LOADS of diary threads you can read, lots of the ladies put pics on of their meals so you'll have a huge choice. Just remember the 2 BIG tipos, keep a diary, and write EVERYTHING down that you eat, and fill your plate with 1/3rd superfree food......that will be veg. On the Red plan, it's a lot about protein and you cut down on carbs, on Green it's the opposite, you have the carbs. I'm on EE, because I have a little bit of everything, but don't eat many carbs anyway. get healthy snacks, like lots of fruit, if you eat an apple half an hour before your dinner, it will curb your appetite. There's tons of free and superfree and superspeed foods that you can eat, and it's surprising just how much you can pile on your plate and all of it be free. As you go round the forum there will be lots of things for you to pick up on, and you can have a chat and ask all the questions you want, there's always someone to answer. Good luck all of you, we're all heading in the same direction xx

Hello All! Just about to start Slimming World so I thought I would join the forum. I am 24 and live in Edinburgh. Got a very long journey ahead of me so I am here for the long haul!! Hope everyone is well!! xx

Back