Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi LolaForever, I'm in Scotland too, just about 35 miles out of Glasgow on the Clyde. Having people to talk to will make the journey not seem so long, I've added you as a friend, we will not be able to connect properly until we both reach the right number of posts but at least we shall see each other when we get there ! :)

OH! sob.....I haven't got any friends...I didn't know you could do that........I just sort of chat wherever I go!....Billy No Mates, that's me!:cry:lolol!

Hi all just joined, been doing Slimming World for 4 months, lost 11lbs. Slight yo-yoer when it comes to food which is why its taking so long but slow and steady wins the race and all that lol

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lisa, I joined Slimming World on the 29[SUP]th[/SUP] July and have lost 3lbs so far. I weighed in at 13 stone 10 lbs and I am working to get down to 10 stone. I am 5ft 7ins and a size 18 dress size.

I did Slimming World 12 years ago and lost 4 stone – unfortunately the weight has crept back on over the years!

I wish everyone every success in their endeavours.

Best wishes,
Lisa. :)

Afternoon Everyone

I'm Jolene. I joined my local Wednesday group on 24th July. I've lost 5.5lb since then but pretty sure I'm on for a gain this weigh-in already :cry:
I hadn't tried SW before but I spoke to a lot of friends who had success with the EE plan so I'm giving it a try.

I work as a Catering Assistant so I'm around food all day. I personally feel I need the Supervision and encouragement of the Weigh-ins for me to be successful long term

Hello! I just started SW on Monday and ive already made SW chips, crisps, kfc fakeaway and ate more ham than the average pig could yield.
Now. Heres my thoughts.
I like to just grab food, eat it and get on with my life - i like easy. Before monday i would have a big bowl of cereal for brek, a sandwich for lunch - whatevs for tea - i would snak on cr*p - crisps, chocolate, etc etc.
This plan doesnt accommodate ANY of that - and thats good, but this transition to removing the cr*p is confusing me :(
Brek / Lunch are basically HEB options, but you can only have 1 - so do you pick to have a relatively normal brek OR lunch - and depending on what you choose - do you settle for a fruit lunch or a cooked brek - and thats if you have the time to cook. Or do people still keep the regular style (cereal and bread) brek and lunch or use them as syns?
This morning i was called to work for a few hours, so my oats sat in fat free yoghurt awaiting frying up and turning into pancakes went awfullly wrong as i was rushing and ended up eating just a plate of slightly charred yoghurty oats with egg and sweetner ;/ *sigh
Dont even get me started on the supernoodles/pasta n sauce debate, although - if i average only a few syns in the day - one of these for dinner (with extras - veg MORE ham / chicken whatevs) thrown in would be fine AND i could always have something else like a jacket with prawwwns?

I guess my first post / rant sounds bad - its not meant to be! Im only on day 3 and have so much more to learn, this is like a lifetime sized jigsaw and i only have a a piece of it and im excited to be to get bits clicking into place, but until then im going to have a face like Tara Reid explaining whalesharks. Ive researched what i can for the moment, the most important thing was the chips! I guess once i start going to recipes in more detail the inspiration will flourish?

If anyone has any links to anything ive ranted about - feel free to message or post them! Is there anything that when you may have been in a similar boat that helped you out - reading success stories? Daily food records? Where can i find some of those.

The dinner thing - im happy as larry about that because essentially its not a major change for me, i used to eat prety good/healthy anyway- its just the waking up and getting to dinner part im having a little issue with. Finding easy things with minimal cooking 'on the go' which i dont think theres much of - unless someone can help open my eyes?!

Thanks!

If you read the food diary threads you will get an idea of what people are eating and that way you can incorporate what will suit you into your own eating routine...keeping a food diary is useful as that way other members can help you out if you are finding it difficult as they can see what what you are eating and if you ask steer you in the right direction.

Here are some links you will find helpful...

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/84682-post-your-food-pics-meal-ideas.html

Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary

Slimming World - Food Diaries

Slimming World Teams & Challenges

Slimming World - Through the stones to your zone

Slimming World Recipes

SW Sizzling Summer Recipes

Slimming World - Inspirational Photos

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html

Hi everyone I am restarting tomorrow nite, I do love slimming world so why do I give up. I don't understand why I can be so stupid. I want to lose total of three stone. So here I go again, my poor consultant must be so sick of me.

Hi everyone, started in may, lost 2.5 stone, slowly but surely its coming off, going on holiday on 6th September and ideally would like to have lost 3stone by then. Fingers crossed.

i started a couple off weeks my first weigh in i lost 5lbs and last nite i had my second weigh in i only lost 1lb and was pretty gutted as id exercised etc n was expecting a bit more maybe my expectations are a lil big haha x

good evening all. so today i joined my local group for first time. needed to do something about the 2st i put on since i got married 2 years ago. i suppose my current weight isn't that bad, but its bad enough for me to want to do something about it and make sure i live longer.

Hello everyone, I've been doing SW since may and have so far lost 2 stone 1lb :) I think I want to lose at least another 1 and a half stone, maybe more, but we'll see when I get there!

i started a couple off weeks my first weigh in i lost 5lbs and last nite i had my second weigh in i only lost 1lb and was pretty gutted as id exercised etc n was expecting a bit more maybe my expectations are a lil big haha x
My first week was 6lb off and im thinking its not going to such a loss this week - im fact dreading it going up - even though i have stuck to the book, but thats just my luck.
Have look at how heavy 1lb actually is - thats still fantastic going!

Hiya
New to this... just joined SW last night... eeekkkk... have 4.5stone to lose, will take me a while but ill get there :thumbup::):thumbup:

I had a little loss my second week. I followed it by a bigger loss in the 3rd. Keep going a loss is still a loss!

:wave_cry:Hi im new to this and not sure how or where i posting ( i hope im in the right place )
Im Susan, ive been doing sw on my own at home for a few years now, i mainly do green days, ive lost over 15 stone now, i try and lost 1 stone or so at time have a break ( life and family do play a part in this ) maintain and start again. I lost a stone just b4 my wedding in May and put a 6 lbs back on ( my son had a op ) not bad when i had a few months off and i started back on plan last week, lost 5lbs in my 1st week so nearly back at my 1 stone lost. I dont foucs on my over all weightloss as its happened over a few years i try and look at what im losing at the time ( if that makes sense ) i hope to get to know u all better if i can get the hang of this online.
Susan x

Hiya
New to this... just joined SW last night... eeekkkk... have 4.5stone to lose, will take me a while but ill get there :thumbup::):thumbup:

Hiya glitzy,

We want to loose a similar weight. Keep us all posted on how you get on.
I'm on my third week :)

Hello, I have just finished my first week of SW, so thought I would say a quick hello! I'm doing SW at home, as there aren't any classes near me at a time to suit. I have about 7.5 stones to lose - so am in this for the long haul. Really enjoyed my first week - just need to keep the momentum going! Looking forward to getting to know some of you a bit better :D

Hello, I have just finished my first week of SW, so thought I would say a quick hello! I'm doing SW at home, as there aren't any classes near me at a time to suit. I have about 7.5 stones to lose - so am in this for the long haul. Really enjoyed my first week - just need to keep the momentum going! Looking forward to getting to know some of you a bit better :D

Hi jennie Ive got the same amount as you to lose Have rejoined classes and my 3rd weigh in is tomorrow night :) Ive lost 5.5lbs so far and hoping for 1/2st tomorrow! We can do this together!

love Dee x

Hiya i started my sw diet on the 05/08/2013 lost 10pound in my first week and 4 last week!!

Ive got 9stone 11lb to lose now long way to go

Back